Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mjonir Dev thread

Data Log

I have come up with the schematics for a bow using the same ammunition as a lightsaber. It will be strong enough to break most amor and with enough range to use to snipe. It will be powered by a Diatium core powercell. Currently I am working on a durasteel casing for the prototype. Though with the impending deal for the the rancor bone I may make the final casing out of that

Data Log ended

Data log

The Daitium powercell has overloaded the bow, I will have to create a moniteering system, I am thinking of using a motion detecing device placed between the shafts of the bow. This will allow power to be drawn only when nessecary from the Diatium powercell. Any excess energy generrated by the cell will be directed through exhaust points located at the front of the bow. Also I have prefected the small compressed crystal needed to focus the power of the Diatium power cell into a plasma bolt. This bolt will be streched into an elastic arrow which will slingshot into in a direct line towards the target.

Data Log ended

Data Log 03 Melkor

It seems the power exhaust system was a success, so far I have had no additional problems with the Diatium power cell and shall continue work on the dura steel casing. I have reinforced the durasteel through a process known as damascus forging, having layered it and compress forged it together in such a way that I have made it almost two times as strong as normal durasteel. This process was tedious as I had to hammer out every imperfection but I have done so as the weapon must be durable if it is to be used on the field of battle.

Data Log end

Data Log 04 Melkor

I have finished the casing for the Thunder bow. I have name the prototype this for the simple fact that it is shaped like a bolt of lightning. I think that it will soon be ready for the finishing touches. Perhaps soon I shall take it out for testing, there is an open area on the edge of town where a building was. I have taken the liberty of setting up an archery range there. Tomorrow I will go out and test the bow hopefully it will not blow up in my face. If this bow works sufficiently then I shall move on to a final design.

Data Log end

Data Log 05 Melkor

Testing day log one. I am preparing to fire the bow for the first time. Preliminary checks seem to indicate that the exhaust ports are working find and the Diatium powercell seems to be doing well also. I am pullng back the bow, as exspected the plasma bolt seems to be stretching. (Piooom......... explosion) The bow has successfully launched a plasma arrow into the wall and through it hitting the backstop of the hill behind it. I may need to dial down the power a bit. I will now fire it again (piooom......explosion) The bow seems to be in perfect order though I am going to retire to the the lab equiped vehichle to make some adjustments.

Data log end

Data Log 06 Melkor

Testing day log two I have removed the casing and dialed down the power of the cell redirecting a large portion of the power to the exhaust vents. Though I am afraid this will mean there will be a cool down of 15 seconds so that the bow does not combust from over load. I think I shall add an aditional two ports for plasma bolts to make up for this weakness, though I will have to program an additional wait time for each bolt fired. I think I shall make another log once I am finished with these modifications

Datalog Ended

Data Log 07 Melkor

Testing day log three. I have finished the necessary modifications to the thunder bow. I have rerouted a substantial amount of power to the exhuast pipes and added two extra ports for added firepower. During my modifications I calculated a cooldown time of 15 seconds before the weapon would be operational, this cooldown time will stack, therefore for each additional bolt an extra 15 second will be required to use the weapon again. I dont think that this will effect the weapon in any large factor considering its use is ment for long range combat.

Data Log ended

Data Log 08 Melkor

Testing day log four. I am field testing the recalibrated bow to check for accuracy and performance I have mounted the bow for test shot one on a makeshift mount to take out the "Human Factor" as it were. I am fireing the first shot now (pioooomm.......minor explosive sounds) From first shot it seems the power has been successfully decreased to a managble point. I will now repeat the test with three bolts to test for accuracy with the additional power. (Three succesive piooms followed by an explosion) It seems with the additional power I have traded the pin point accuracy for pure destructive force. I will allow the weapon to recharge and continue with testing.

Data Log ended

Data Log 09 Melkor

Testing day log five. I will now procede to shoot the bow with my hands to test the power and recoil for myself. I am now taking the bow in hand and shall narrate the feeling from the bow so as to make sure I have it documented precisly. The weight is light but heavy enough to be stable, I think I shall add a better grip for the finished product. I am now drawing my hand through the bow the plasma field. The bolt has now formed and I shall now release (pioom....... explosion) The recoil is almost none existent and it is easy to aim given that you have a good eye.

Data Log ended

Data Log 10 Melkor

Testing day log six. I have completed testing and have found the thunder bow to be in perfect working order. The range seems to be about 60 meters at which time the accuracy drops. Now I will say that planet with a thicker atmosphere and/or gravitational pull will drop this range signifigantly. This is due to various air resistance and gravitational downward drops. I shall now allow my brother @Ta'ek Viss to take over as he shall be putting together the rancor bone casing for the final product.

data log ended

Data Log 11 Melkor

Crafting day one. It seems that Ta'ek Viss was unable to work on the rancor bone version of the bow. I have few customers lined up for this item and I would like to be able to show them a finished item. So I will be working on it myself. I have chosen a femur bone for the main body of the bow. I am looking at the piece now and will sand down the ends before I do anything else. They have residule tendons that must be removed before it will be suitable for use as casing for the bow. "

Data Log end

Melkor sighed as he moved over to the circular sander, femur in hand. He was wearing a long apron over his bared chest. His combat boots thumped as he walked. Looking the sander over he found a power button. Placing his foot onpedal at the bottom he hit the power. Applying preasure to the pedal the sander spun into life. Pushing the end of the rancor bow to the sander gently he began to sand it down. Flecks of the bone were shooting back at him but he didnt care. He just enjoyed working with his hands and creating beuatiful weapons. After about ten minutes of this the bone was perfectly smooth.

Data Log 12 Melkor

I have finished sanding the Rancor bone's joints done to a curved point. I see why they are so coveted, it took my quite a while using the highest setting on my sander to sand it down to these points. Looking now I think I shall take my plasma cutter and cut it down through the vertex of the curve so as to give it optimal room to house the Diatium powercell and other inner workings Hopfully the plasma cutter will be strong enough wil prolonged exposure to cut through, even though it is plasma resistant. I shall return when the bone is cut

Datalog ended

Melkor grinned, as he walked bone in hand over to the plasma saw. It was a challenge to use it to cut Rancor bone, but he loved a challenge. He knew if he messed up that he would end up having to start from scratch. The cuts had to be perfect and perfect is what he would make. Cranking the lever on the side of the machine he placed the bone in the middle of the saw. It was advised to wear goggled to block out the rays of the plasma but he was used to seeing the plasma of a lightsaber, he doubted highly that the plasma of a saw was going to be a problem. Turning the bone he started the saw and starting at the end he began to slowly cut down the middle. He sighed, he knew he was going to be here for a while.

Data Log Melkor

I have finished sawing the bone and let me say this. It was not easy in any sense of the word. I had to go extremely slow and it took me almost two hours to finish it. I had found that the bone is filled with marrow. I will have to manually scoop it all out before I finish installing the Diatium power cell and other key components. It has been a long day and I think I with finish this tomorrow. Hopefully letting the exposure over night will soften the marrow and make it more pliable when I try to finish tomorrow. Melkor out

Data Log ended

Melkor woke up the next day and got right to work. He was ready to get this bow production ready. Taking a scoop out of the tool drawer he walked towards the bone sitting on his partners workbench. At first the top layer of marrow was not ver compliant with the scoop making it very hard to break through. Melkor sighed as he finished to top layer, wiping the sweat off of his brow and he took a quick breather. It was hard work but he knew the profits would be insane. Going back to work he found that it was much easier to work with, the top layer having been the only dried out part of the marrow. Melkor smiled knowing he was almost done with this tedious task.

Datalog Melkor

I have succeeded in removing the marrow, after what I might add was an obscence amount of work on my behalf. The marrow was partially dry and not very willing to work with the scoop until I broke the top layer. I have one or two last things I must do before I install the Diatium powercellinto the bow. Right now I am about to begin work on sanding the inside of the bone in order to make smooth sitting ground for the Diatium power cell. From what I see it should be quite and easy job. Hopefully the looks are not decieveing

Data Log ended

Melkor smiled as he looked at his work, somthing about it made him happy. He knew that this project was coming to an end but he was sure he would have fine weapon when he was done. Taking out his pencil he carefully mark the place of each and every component of the Diatium powercell. Melkor then reach over and grabbed a piece of high grade sandpaper and got to work. He carefully sanded grooves into the woode for each component of the bows systems. He then did the same again with a piece of ultra fine grain sand paper. When he was finished he rose and dusted off his clothes before running his hand over the inside of the bone, the smoothness made him grinn

Data Log Melkor

I have finished the sanding of the bone down to make groves for the components of the Mjolnir, all I have left is to drill the holes for the exhaust vents, and for the screws. Then this magnificent weapon will be ready, I think it will be my best weapon yet.

data log ended

Melkor got to work quick working quickly on the bone using his drill to make the holes. He then took his time in placing Diatium power cell in the bone. after all of the Assembly was done he smiled as he placed the bone together forming the full weapon. He took a blowtorch and welded it together. Waiting for about five minutes for the weld to solidify he smiled as he raised to weapon above his head. All that was left was to test the final version.

Final Data Log Melkor

With some luck this will be the last datalog I have finished the Mjonir bow and I am now outside at the original testing site. I will first be taking a shot using a tripod hook up just to get a feel for exactly how accurate it is. * Melkor sets up his bow on a makeshift tripod and aimed it precicly at the target about 50 mtrs downrange* I have calculated that this version for its higher resistance to saber blows, will have a lower accurate range by 10 mtrs I will now fire the bow 1....2....3 *Melkor pulled the bow back and realeased, the sound was normal. and the bolt burned straight through the target.* The Bow was succesful now I would like to take a final shot by hand * Melkor picked up his precious weapon and took careful aim drawing back the bow he repeated the shot and found that it was the exact same results* Success!! The bow has been tested and is in perfect working order! This is melkor signing out for the last time!

Data log ended

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom