Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mirrorverse Civilian Handgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=9pt]Image Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Here[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Development Thread:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Post #102[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Mirrorverse[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] ST-93[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Affiliation: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Civilian handgun[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] No[/SIZE]
Production: [SIZE=9pt]Semi-Unique[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Durasteele and other unknown components from the Mirrorverse[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Classification: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Blaster[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Size:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Handheld[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Length:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] 20 cm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weight:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] 1 kg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Ammunition Type: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Power Cell and Gas Canister[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Ammunition Capacity:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Power Cell: 50 Gas Canister: 350[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Effective Range: E[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]quivalent to a standard blaster pistol[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Rate of Fire:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Semi-Automatic[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Special Features:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Light[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Concealable[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Even though it is small and for civilians, the Mirrorverse technology wins over when its blasts hit Chaos light armor.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Description:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Gifted from an actor to [member="Ultimatum"], and then eventually finding its way to Dominik, this small pistol is able to tear through lighter armor. The complexity and more advanced technology allows it to do this. Dominion keeps this on him as more of a last resort. Its small size makes it easy for him to hid in on his person, right under his armor. If the need arose, he would be able to retrieve it to surprise an enemy. [/SIZE]

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Dominik Borra"]

Okay, for the insane damage output, capacity, and range of this handgun, I'm going to need a link to that development thread to review. Otherwise, you're going to have to tone down the performance considerably to make it fall it line with a pistol.

You will also need to increase the mass. At least 2 kg for now, but that may change as I see what you've done in your dev thread.

Please hyperlink to the manufactuer. Since you list this as semi-unique item available for the open market, I'm going to need an estimate of how many you will produce.

(Keep in mind that this is from the Mirrorverse Event that took place last year, if that wasn't obvious. From an alternative dimension that had better technology than ours.)

For capacity. The template says heavy guns hold less ammo, and that an example was a heavy pistol with 50 power cell and 350 gas canister. For gas canister, that's 7 times the power cell. I thought that a light pistol would have more capacity but I didn't want too much more, so i made it just 75. 75 times 7 is 525. If that needs to be lowered, I have no problem with doing so.

For range, I have no problem lowering that as well. I just thought of because of Mirrorverse, it would be better than our pistols.

For Semi-Unique, I chose that because of the nature of the pistol. It was for Civilians back in the Mirrorverse, so would probably have been common. But in our world, there are going to be a LOT more rare. Who knows who else came back with one? So I put it as Semi-Unique. If you wish this to be changed, I will change it.

The mass, I measured with the gun I have at home and determined that a light pistol like this would be lighter than 1.5 kg, approximately around the 0.9kg or 1kg mark. If this needs to change just to fit Chaos, I'll change that too I guess.

I'm not going to produce any of these. This is just the one that Dominik was able to bring back with him from the Mirrorverse. I just recently got in the habit of putting in technology threads for everything in Dominik's arsenal so I can't pull any bs thing and cheat my way out of situations.

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

I wasn't around for that event. I'm going to need evidence that you acquired technology from that event and developed the weapon from it, so please provide a link to the development thread(s) for review. Without them, you're either going to have to tone the specs done, or write-up a much more detailed description to justify the performance. Let me know whether or not you can find the relevant threads, then we can get more detailed with modifications.

For reference, I'm working off the DH-17 Blaster Pistol as a baseline (which itself is modeled from the Sterling Submachine Gun).

[member="Dominik Borra"]

I will provide a dev thread as soon as I can find one, but know that Dominik is not making this gun. Literally got handed to him like it is. I just wanted to post a tech thread so I knew exactly what it could do.

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

[member="Dominik Borra"] That's fine if it was a gift to him, but I'm still going to need a write up on its capabilities to explain its unusual performance for a compact weapon. Let me know when you've collected the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom