Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ministry of State

Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20republic_zps6mkua4uw.png
Galactic Republic
Ministry of State
Citizens of the Republic,

The Ministry of State is currently recruiting diligent and highly qualified individuals who wish to serve the Republic through public service. The goal of the Ministry of State is to oversee the foreign relations efforts of the Republic by creating alliances, fostering democratic ideals, setting up foreign embassies, and negotiating various treaties on all levels.

The Ministry is led by the Minister of State who is appointed by and answerable only to the Prime Minister.

Anyone can join the Ministry, but we are specifically hoping to find people who have long standing relationships with desirable foreign states such as the Mandalorians or the Silver Jedi. Jedi Consulars, Senators, former military commanders, business moguls, we welcome anyone with a will to fight to spread freedom and democracy in the galaxy.

If you're interested, let us know by posting below!

Sincerely,
Cecily Demici
Minister of State
Senator of Onderon

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
I would heavily suggest, as it was apparently suggested and rejected before, that sending a qualified and decorated soldier to more warlike groups such as the Mandalorians and any future Empires that may arise (as I know one is about to go major) would be beneficial. Sending an ambassador in a three piece suit is a good way to have them not take you seriously IC'ly.

My two cents.

[member="Popo"]
A skilled diplomat is like a chameleon. They should be able to go anywhere and speak to anyone in the manner that reflects their host's culture, mannerisms, language, and belief systems.

That being said, your point is well made and as long as we have readily available and willing military service members, we will do our best to make the appropriate match-ups.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Cecily de Demici said:
A skilled diplomat is like a chameleon. They should be able to go anywhere and speak to anyone in the manner that reflects their host's culture, mannerisms, language, and belief systems.
Yes, they should, but when you're dealing with a Warrior race or something similar, who you send matters. Speaking as a primarily Mandalorian writer, sending, say, a Senator or a Jedi Healer or diplomat is a nice gesture, but ultimately I would assume IC'ly that the Republic didn't care enough or see the need as important enough to send someone who could better understand my culture: a Soldier.

A diplomat should be able to adapt and overcome, yes, but ultimately they need to have a way to tie in with that group culturally. You send a Jedi to other Jedi factions, you send diplomats and senators to other bureaucratic factions. You send warriors to factions with warrior or warlike roots.

In the end, though, it's up to you guys. I have high hopes that this will work out in a lot of ways, but in other ways I know this ship has sailed for some aspects. Let's see what you can do despite all that.

In the words of Hollywood...

tumblr_lt8rimTsmq1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

Cecily de Demici said:
I would agree with you on that count with every other faction except the mandalorians. That skilled diplomat will be judged from the moment they step foot on the planet on whether they are a warrior, and how much experience and respect they have earned as a warrior. Mandalorians do not have politicians, they have warriors. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked said diplomat to come on a raid with them or fight with them, and of course as a representative of another state, they must be highly valued so they must be an exceptional warrior.

With Mandos it's about respect, picking your representative is the first test.

All excellent points with which I was not entirely disagreeing. That being said, I do want to make the effort to keep this topic on track... unlike so many we find here in our beautiful Republic, by asking we restrict posts to volunteering :p

I do have to sift through these replies, after all. ;)

[member="Popo"] [member="Axo Mend"]

[member="Cecily de Demici"]

Are you and the Ministry of Peace State going to join the Rhommamool/Osarion Dominion for Objective B? Seems like it'd be the perfect chance to apply some statecraft.

[member="Josef Levik"][member="Pappy"]

Welcome aboard!

[member="Sankt Yora"]

If we are invited to join by the people leading that dominion, than yes, however, we will look to undertaking future dominions. Currently, I am hoping to lead one on Umbara, if the FL agrees.

I'd like to sign up as a potential Jedi the Ministry can send, if needed. I'd like to get more involved with the Republic, and I feel this would be good for Sabena.

Since she's a lot less abrassive than Daella, hopefully there'll be no repeat of Nar Shaddaa lol

[member=Cecily de Demici]

Ali would be more than willing to drop by Mandalore and get drunk and brawl at the Oyu'baat any time you Senators have something you want her to discuss with the Mando'ade.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom