Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: Credit to [member="Jorus Merrill"] for location suggestion.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a place for slicers inspired by a real life location.
​Image Credit: N/A
Canon: N/A
Links: N/A
SETTING INFORMATION
City Name: Millian
Classification: City

Affliation: N/A. Many crime factions fight over it.
Demographics: 90 % Humans; 10 % Twilek
Wealth:Situated in the Outer Rim, Kal Shebbol is not known for it's wealth.
Stability: High; various cyber-crime factions commit illegal activities in the city.
Description: : Desolate, rural, the city does not a rich history, and it is located on the one continent, far away from Kal Shebbol's only spaceport. Despite this, the city has a rich history of cyber activity. It is often said the Millian produces some of the best slicers in the galaxy.

POINTS OF INTEREST
-hHub: A bunch of bars, warehouses, etc across the city. There also havens of illegal activity.
-Parliament Building: A place for elected officials to deliberate, it is however an area where bribing politicians takes place.

-sHub: A popular gathering for up, and coming slicers, as well as cyber-criminals, the building is well known among many of the cyber-criminals here. Botnets; Adware; Proxies & Malware are among some of the things that can be sold here. It also features the best holonet connection in the city, as well as the cryptnet.
-Malavia: Another slicer hangout, it is known for the various competitions that are done here to find the best slicer in the city. The place is also well known as one of the places where illegal activities occur, and it is said you can find some of the best slicers at Malavia.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Millian is one of the least populated cities in Kal-Shebbol, an Outer Rim world under the control of the Outer Rim coalition. Comprised of less than 100,000 people, the city is notorious for the amount of cyber-crime activity that originates from the planet.

The city was once under the control of a peaceful clan that was wiped out when the Imperial Government arrived. Soon, Moff Kentor Sane, the raining warlord of Kal'Shebbol was kicked out by the new republic. When the New Republic kicked it out, it slowly built itself up as a reputation for cyber-crime, becoming well known throughout the Outer Rim.

Then the Gulag Plague hit. Even the desolate city was affected, and the lack of critical infastructure like medical facilities, and so forth meant it lost a large portion of it's population. Centuries however passed, and like the rest of the galaxy, it become resistant to the virus.

Now, in the modern day galaxy, the city is quickly regaining it's population as a place for cyber-crime, as various factions fight for control of the city, as well as conduct illegal activities on the wider galaxy. [/url]

[member="Mala Ciava"]

Totally love the concept. As an IT and InfoSec guy IRL, I dig it all. I've just got some questions for clarification:
  • How exactly did Millian gain such a reputation in cyberspace?
  • If they lost lots of critical infrastructure during the Gulag Plague, how would the populace access the HoloNet and do their thing?
  • Any universities/schools for the cyber-minded?
Get those for me and we'll move on. :)

Marcus Itera said:
[member="Mala Ciava"]

Totally love the concept. As an IT and InfoSec guy IRL, I dig it all. I've just got some questions for clarification:
  • How exactly did Millian gain such a reputation in cyberspace?
  • If they lost lots of critical infrastructure during the Gulag Plague, how would the populace access the HoloNet and do their thing?
  • Any universities/schools for the cyber-minded?
Get those for me and we'll move on. :)
It was mostly because it hosted a lot of people that do a wide variety of attacks(cryptanalytic attacks for instance, identity theft, social engineering, etc), and so forth. It's inspired by this town that does the exact same thing.

In regards to the critical infrastructure, I meant things that could have helped mitigate the effects of the Gulag Plague. I'd also think that a planet like this would have somewhat okkish Holonet access.

Also, there aren't any schools there. It's pretty easy to learn a lot of cyber concepts, as well as programming languages since they are open source.I'd imagine the same thing could apply to SW.

If you want though, I can change the planet to something like Ord Mantell, to justify it having good Holonet Access.

[member="Mala Ciava"]

The following section is missing from the template. It should be under "Setting Information", between Affiliation and Wealth. Please include it.

• Demographics: (Please describe the population assortment found in this city. Is it primarily human inhabitants with only a small percentage of aliens? Or perhaps the other way around? Is this a city open to all kinds of races or is there a strong theme of racism and xenophobia? Specific race percentages are welcome but not required.)

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Added, although I won't deny that something happened to the link(not sure hat honestly) so I had to fix it(the stuff under Setting Information to Points of Interest).

Hope it's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom