Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mierins Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

J3C0

J
auSUsW.jpg
vanRoXE.png
Image Source: Here
Intent: In Order to replace the stupid Crab that keeps breaking on Mierin during invasions.
Development Thread: Mia Monroe Dies(Beskar)
Can provide Additional If Requested
Manufacturer: Titan Industries
Model: Sith Power Armor MK I
Affiliation: Darth Mierin
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Beskar, Armorweave
Classification: Power Armor
Weight: 83.7kg
Quality: 10
Description:
After Alderaan, Coruscant, Empress Teta, and then Alderaan again Mierin decided that her Vonduun Skerr Kyrric would no longer be an adequate form of defense. Though the powerful Organic crab creature that had protected her for so many battles had proven useful, it had also proven to be dangerous. The addition of baffor pollen to the armor had lost Mierin the use of her leg and arm, though this weakness was countered by the efforts of [member="Tsavong Kraal"], Mierin decided after Empress Teta that eventually the Mandalorians and the others that opposed the One Sith would develop a counter to this counter.

It is a fact of war that eventually, the arms race would begin. The Baffor Pollen had the adverse effect on Vonduun Skerr Kyrric of causing it to swell, for now that effect had been rendered inert, however in the future this might change. To stop this from happening, Mierin switched her armor from living Organic Matter, to a powerful Metal.

On Coruscant, Mierin like many other Sith faced a handful of Mandalorian warriors(Mierin Killed Mia Monroe) though most of them made it off the world, and one revealed himself as the True Dark Lord of the Sith(@Ordo) many others were left behind to die. Knowing the value of their armor, and knowing that their smiths were almost invaluable in forging it, Mierin had the survivors captured and placed into Imperial Dungeons, their armor confiscated and their knowledge stripped from them. Like any good Sith Lord, Mierin took the time to torture each individual Mandalorian that was captured on Coruscant.

It was from these men that Mierin learned how to forge the unique Iron that made up their armor, and it was from these men that Mierin took the metal that she would use to forge her armor.

Of course the need for new armor did not arise until she truly fought the Mandalorians on Empress Teta. It was here that she encountered warrior after warrior, each one plated in Mandalorian Iron, each one ready to fight the Sith. The Pureblood found herself intrigued by the armor, by the strength of the metal and her inability to pierce through it even with the strongest attacks of the force.

Where Vonduun Crab Armor could Shatter under intense kinetic pressure, Beskar, could not.

Mierin despite all of her strength and power found herself jealous, she found herself enthralled by the armor that the Mandalorians unique armor, and after Empress Teta she decided that she simply had to have some. So in order to replace her Vonduun Skerr Kyrric, Mierin went to the artificers of Titan Industries, the men who had created the Power Armor for her Royal Guard. She told them of her wants, of her needs, and of the materials they had available to them.

The men of Titan Industries seemed ecstatic, they had dreamed of utilizing Mandalorian Iron in something they created and now they had the opportunity to do so. Quickly, the Artificers went to work, smelting the old Mandalorian Iron, and forging it into something new, something grand.

The Armor that was created in the end was unique in nature. It resembled the armor that The Imperial Guard wore only slightly. It was smaller of course, a pale blueish color that clashed with Mierins skin, and it had a more segmented appearance, overlapping plates that ran across one another instead of solid plates running over a Terenthium and Desh alloy.

This is possible mostly because of the differing materials. Whereas the Royal Guard armor is made out of Phrik platting, Mierins armor is crated from the unique Mandalorian Metal known as Beskar. This metal, although much heavier than Phrik is also much stronger. This allowed for thinner plates that could be better shaped and molded across Mierins body, allowing for more full coverage across her entire form instead of less well shaped all encompassing plates. This also made the armor heavier, since there were more plates of metal. These heavier Beskar plates provided more defense than phrik, being fully lightsaber resistant and reputably being nearly indestructable. That being said, kinetic forces can still harm the wearer.

Much like the Royal Guard Power Armor, this armor in order for it to actually function uses servos. These servos run underneath the armors plates and are powered by a single energy cell that lasts for 10 hours on a single charge. This energy cell is located on the lower back of the armor.

Like the Royal Guard Armor the 'muscles' and spine have been strengthened, giving the wearer enhanced strength to a capability near ten fold. This enhanced strength was improved upon in Mierins armor, the artificers having improved upon this from their first trial run in the Imperial Royal Guard armor.

The armor just like its bigger cousin also contains back mounted jets, again these jets have been improved upon and are now actually capable of lifting the armor and the wearer. They are more powerful and can now function as a jetpack, though only for a limited time of 1-2 minutes. In the right arm of the armor is a wrist knife forged of nearly pure Beskar. Alongside this the armor also contains magnetic boots and standard sensor and HUD suite in its helmet. This is something utterly unique to Mierin though it has come standard in armors for quite some time. As well as these features, the right gauntlet's palm open in a circular trap door. This is a feature specially added to the armor that allows Mierins hidden amphistaff to still escape her cybernetic arm.

Strengths:
+Powered: This armor is powered, it has a unique set of servo's built into it that increase the strength and power of the wearer. When one is in the suit their strength is enhanced Tenfold to what they are normally capable of. This is obviously a great boon both in and out of combat.
+Lightsaber Resistant: Being made of Beskar, the Armor is completely and totally resistant to Lightsaber strikes. Unlike Phrik, Beskar will never wear out even after repeated strikes.
+Protection Against Most Attacks: Given Beskar's nature, and the segmented construction of the armor as well as the armorweave bodysuit the wearer puts on beneath it, this armor is capable of withstanding most attacks, though like everything it has its limits.

Weaknesses:
-Weight: The Weight of this armor far exceeds that of its wearer. Without the servo's to carry the weight, the wearer of the armor is completely incapable of moving without quite a bit of effort in the force, and even then movements would be sluggish and slow. Though disabling the servos would be difficult, if someone does so it would render the wearer almost completely inert.
-Major Kinetic Strikes: Perhaps the greatest weakness of the armor is the fact that there is hardly any padding aside from a single Armorweave suit. This means that major kinetic strikes against the armor will reverberated through the armor and transfer onto the wearer. High powered slughtrowers in particular are capable of causing major damage.
-Battery Life: The Armor itself is powered, meaning it has a battery controlling its actions. This battery is vulnerable to EMP strikes, though it would take several in quick succession to render it inert(3-4 EMP pulses in a row). It also means the armor can run out of battery after prolonged combat.

Special Features:
-HUD
-Sensors
-Enhanced Strength
-Mag Boots
-Wrist Mounted Beskar Knife 12''
-Vacuum Proof
-Communicator
-Back Mounted Jets
-Multiple Compartments

[member="Darth Mierin"]

There is some wording in this that concerns me.

• Standing up to turbolaser blasts?
  • Immune to shattering? Shatterpoint works on everything. Don't care what anyone says.
I just see those two particular things as potentially being looked at and people crying foul and it disrupting balance and it just isn't possible. Edits need to be made and these items need to be removed. Sustained blasterfire would cook you where you stand in a Beskar suit. A turbolaser shot would glass a small city.

• Muscle augmentation requires a development thread.
  • Reduce weight by about 40 KG.
  • How did you torture Mandalorians? Were these PCs or NPCs? I mean to forge Beskar. I think that would be a 2nd development thread based on what you're saying you did.

J3C0

J
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

-This phrase was ripped straight from Canon. The Metal Beskar is thought to be nearly indestructible and several Mandalorians in canon have actually stated it to be able to stand up to a turbo-laser round. Granted the user would die due to heat and the like but the metal itself would survive, which is what I stated in the submission.
-I did not state it was immune to Shatterpoint. I stated that unlike Vondun Skerr Kyrric, Beskar would not shatter under intense pressure. Vonduun Skerr Kyrric will shatter like any organic armor if enough pressure is applied. This has been reworded to make it clearer.
-Okay
-Okay
-This was added into the submission for flavoring, I however see no reason to do a Dev Thread of Mierin acquiring this knowledge since a dozen others outside of the Mandalorian faction have utilized Beskar without more than their Raid/Fight with a Mandalorian. If you like I will take this out of the submission.

Darth Mierin said:

-This phrase was ripped straight from Canon. The Metal Beskar is thought to be nearly indestructible and several Mandalorians in canon have actually stated it to be able to stand up to a turbo-laser round. Granted the user would die due to heat and the like but the metal itself would survive, which is what I stated in the submission.
-I did not state it was immune to Shatterpoint. I stated that unlike Vondun Skerr Kyrric, Beskar would not shatter under intense pressure. Vonduun Skerr Kyrric will shatter like any organic armor if enough pressure is applied. This has been reworded to make it clearer.
-Okay
-Okay
-This was added into the submission for flavoring, I however see no reason to do a Dev Thread of Mierin acquiring this knowledge since a dozen others outside of the Mandalorian faction have utilized Beskar without more than their Raid/Fight with a Mandalorian. If you like I will take this out of the submission.
I appreciate the edits, but I am still standing against the Shatterpoint immunity and mention of tanking a turbolaser.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_iron

Makes no mention of it, I'm sure I could scour the books and see Mandalorians bragging but it does not mention it directly and I am not bending on this wording. Please remove it.

The wording on how immune it was to pressure, was not clear is now. Thanks

Last bit,

This is non-negotiable. I requested a development thread as I don't believe you have the means to forge something of this scale yourself, have the knowledge and thus require seeing something on forging and making the armor considering we're talking about Beskar. Having the metal and being able to produce it into something are two different scenarios. If you do not wish to do the development thread then I'm afraid I'm going to have to deny this.

J3C0

J

Allusions to the turbo-laser have been edited out.

I will run the dev thread.

J3C0

J

Please archive this. I've decided to majorly rework the submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom