Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MH-EW22 Missile Deactivation Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create fancy Ewar Tech for Mandal Hypernautics

Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: MH-EW22 “Missile Deactivation Transmitter
Affiliation: Mandal Hypernautics, Mandalorian,
Modularity: None
Production: Mass Production
Material: Alusteel, Electronics,

Description:

MH-EW22 Missile Deactivation Transmitter is an electronic warfare module that functions out to standard turbolaser engagement ranges. The system itself is a two part device. The first aspect of the MH-EW22 is passive scan system that detects the guiding frequencies used by approaching missiles and warheads. These frequencies are then run through a droid brain and analyzed to determine what type of missiles, the manufacturer of the missiles, and common encryption software used on the missiles.

Once identified, an external transmitter begins broadcasting known shutdown codes as well as randomized shutdown codes specific to the missiles being used by the enemy fleet. In an average engagement, this system can expect a 12% effectiveness rating against randomized hostiles. This effectiveness rating can be improved to as much as 25% deactivation with the acquisition of actual shutdown codes from the manufacturer of a particular model of missile, physically recovering dud or disabled warheads after a battle with an enemy, or through multiple battles with the same opponent.

The effectiveness of this system is unaffected by range, but is limited to a maximum effective range equal to that of standard turbolaser engagement ranges. Due to the nature of the system, it does not see widespread use on combat ships as each system must be manually updated with new codes and prediction software. Only specialized Electronic Warfare ships are equipped with such a component.

Classification: Ship Non-Combat Component

Size: Ship-Mounted
Effective Range: Long Range,
Area of Effect: 45 degree cone

[member="Captain Larraq"]

I'd like to point out some things, and explain my position:
  • This device is extremely overpowered. Analyzing an incoming missile for type, frequency and encryption data would require every single known type, frequency and so forth of every manufacturer in the known Universe. That being said, this would require an extremely large database and an extremely fast connection between database and transmitter.
  • You are saying this works like a Universal TV remote essentially. Again, lots of codes. What happens if you shut down your own defenses accidently because it transmits the wrong code? Then you're screwed.
  • 25% bonus upon successful deactivation, storage if recovered off battlefield, and reusuable through multiple engagements? No. It would seem to me weapons manufacturers would be smart enough to begin randomizing encryption and so forth.
  • I don't believe again, updates would just be given to something that is counter productive to the warefare business.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to Deny this submission based on concept.

I'm sorry, if you feel I'm wrong please go to the Second Chance thread and make your case there.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom