Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metals

Matreya

I've noticed there are a couple metal subs. N had some things to toss out as ideas. Also, whoever came up with idea of the mineral being found on their planet, I can't remember who it was, that was an awesome idea.

First off, BOO YA I HAD THE FIRST METAL SUBS.

With that being said, and some minor composure, I kinda think we should throw up some rules. Like when I was attempting Bessteel (Beskar and steel) I made in bold along the top, it would need an in depth purchase thread from JAC. As well, I was required to make the entire metallurgy process prior.

Considering some would not be blaster/saber resistant, there probably wouldn't need to be a purchase thread if not in that category. But I was thinking bare minimum we should use a thread to craft the actual metal/sell it.

What do you guys think?

The only thing I understood out of that was rules for making materials.

You know honestly, with the number of metals and all their funky properties with lightsaber resistance, jamming, indestructibility, etc.

What is honestly the point of making new materials? If we allow more materials to be created, more rules might be needed to regulate their accessibility every so often. then there is also the problem of repeats in theme.

The more complex the metal is, the harder it is to get it through. For example, a judge may ask for a development thread, mostly if the metal is more durable than any canon one.

Basically I think the same, commonly known things go with metals. If you make it unreasonably powerful, it is denied. If it is special, yet not too much, development thread. If it's quite typical, maybe some changes before approval or instant approval. I believe it's up to the judges to determine whether the metal is reasonable or not.

I'm not a tech judge, so please forgive my mistakes.

Matreya

Well the idea behind Bessteel and alike minerals is easy. Zaiden owns a smithing/crafting company. He may want a metal that is resistant to plasma on a small scale, for a cheaper price then would be needed for an entirely Beskar item. See the logic now?

Say that random noob pc 1 comes in and wants a shield. He can either do a bucket load of threads to earn the cash necessary for the item, or he could do a small one to earn the cash for a knockoff shield. The latter being able to be hit in the same spot 3 times rather then 10.

All about business.

I do understand that, but I've seen people who are making entirely new materials.

I understand making alloys and that sort of thing, but introducing something never seen before has to be utterly unique to anything previously introduced, otherwise it's pretty lame.

I would like to take a moment and mention the creation of the Mara Corridor, a space road that has never been in existence before those dozens of threads. This is how I would like to see most reality shifting details of RP to go, where something unique that has never been seen before being discovered (and has been discoverable since the dawn of time) should take lots of effort to introduce realistically, and honestly I think it would pretty awesome if there was like, a gold rush age of star wars :p

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
well I can say this.... the Netheranium is prismatic mood metal that changes color based on emotions..... Lots of fun. As for rules well every planet is unique and should maybe have something... I mean beskar is only found on four or so planets when it theoretically should be able to be found on more maybe. All depends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom