Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Neighbors

Aequorea-Oceanscraper-3D-printed-from-recycled-ocean-trash_Vincent-Callebaut_dezeen_1568_8.jpg

After forming an alliance with the Imperial Remnant, the Republic had found itself in an odd position of hosting former enemies right in the heart of its territories after their collapse. What Remnant refugees had come to Republic space had been mostly settled in and around Carida. Only a short hop from Kiribi. The Remnant may have been greatly diminished in its conflict with the Sith, but she felt they still possessed resources that would be beneficial to the development Kiribi. The system was undergoing another series of military expansions in light of the waning powers of the central government.

When the IR envoy made it into the system, they would be directed to make planetfall at a spaceport in Valencia, a small resort town. Suravi would be right there to meet them at the spaceport, accompanied by a small entourage of civilian and military heads.

y-Yfm32oJ7w.jpg

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
Republic Space
Kiribi System
Herald of Retribution - Exiting Hyperspace
Battle Group Retribution

The usual hum and drum of klaxons and alarms rang through the Retribution as we came out of hyperspace. With travel mug in hand and datapad in the other, I was preparing myself for the business encounter.
Since the recent dissolution of the Imperial Remnant and its government the Galactic Empire had fragmented or gone on to form separate factions. Those who had pledged loyalty to me and my banner of warlordism had chosen the path of becoming mercenaries and merchants.
My little flotilla would offer its services and enjoy the benefits of no longer having to answer to anyone other than myself.
The immediate problem now though was funding, I had people now who looked to me as the provider for their lively hood and that ment I needed to find work for us to do.
I found my way to the turbolift and took it down to several decks below making my way to the hangar bay.
Genuinely the mood was different on the ship. The shock of what was essentially a civil war still was fresh in many peoples minds.
Still the Imperial march goes on as who ever they are would say, I guess that would be me...
My storm trooper detail led the way.
Zia was still in medical hanging on just barely. A blast to the stomach typically kills but she was somehow still alive.
The fleet had exited hyperspace just at the edge of the system
Best not alarm the locals with an Imperial fleet hovering over their world.

Soon I was travelling through the system on a lambda class shuttle.
Kiribi was a beautiful jewel of a world.
Unlike the systems of the core with their massive built up cities and such Kiribi was a lovely planet.
After a brief Customs check in orbit we made our descent the world below.

I reviewed by datapad on the location I was arriving too.
Valencia, a resort city with very unique architecture and pleasant place to vacation.
I pondered on what the security measures the planets leadership would like to consider.
I guess I'm meeting with Senator [member="Suravi "]Teigra.
We set down on a landing pad of Valencia's starport. Resort city was not a joke the aesthetically pleasing environment I was greeted too was amazing. The warmth of the sun felt fantastic.
Perhaps I could negotiate for some R&R for my people.
There appeared to be an entourage of people to greet us. As my squad of storm troopers exited the shuttle and took up defensive positions.
I exited with datapad clasped to my belt, my right arm behind my back and travel mug in the left held.
I hoped to give the impression that as a military man I was here for business.
"Hello Senator Teigra, how can I be of service?"

From within her party, she could feel some unease as the stormtroopers began to shuffle out of their posting up around the ramp in an aggressive formation. She kept calm though, feeling no hostility from them. She just chalked it up to the fact that they were probably fresh out of the field, now deep in the territory of a one-time enemy. That could make anyone a little paranoid. Indeed, the last sighting of a stormtrooper on Kiribi had been the few stragglers that Kiribian rebels ran off the planet centuries before.

When Commodore Flavian stepped out to join his security detail, she came forward to meet him with a smile and outstretched hand, acting as if there wasn't a whole squadron of stormtroopers behind him.

"
Hello, Commodore. Straight to business I see, but how about some refreshments first? I've reserved an island for our meeting."

She meant one of the dozens of artificial islands floating off the shore of the town. Most of them functioned as hydroponic facilities that doubled as gardens and parks. Some were specially controlled biomes that replicated unique environments from all across the galaxy.

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Caius Flavian

"Perfect Senator, thank you for the hospitality," I took her hand and gave a gentleman's handshake.
I took her in for a moment , a unique and pretty blend of near human and human features.
It was as if she were almost Echani but not as Echani didn't usually have brown.
I looked past her and could tell that the presence of Imperial Storm troopers was likely worrisome and cause of concern to some of the dignitaries.
I had a little foresight about this so I had made it a point for two of my detail to bring along their service uniforms.
"My protection detail will be a light foot print of just two troopers, the rest of my men and women will remain with the ship, for now as they change though we can walk and talk"
I turned to the squad,
"Sergeant Barro" I spoke and then only gave a slight nod. The squad broke formation with several of them going back inside the Lambda shuttle.
Four of them stayed outside weapons holstered.
"Pardon our preparedness after the events that unfolded with Prime Minister Lasedri's Clone army and revolution I've become extra cautious in my dealings with the Republic."

[member="Suravi"]

She knew how antsy her peers were about having Imperials planetside, even if they were now members of the Republic, so she was grateful that the Commodore had some sense for optics. Personally, she wasn't bothered by the show of force, but that's just how politics went.

"That's quite alright, these have been trying times for the Republic. I'll have refreshments delivered to the shuttle crew and your security detail here in the hangar. Now, if you'll join me."

She held out an arm as she turned, motioning for him to follow as she led the whole party outside to their motorcade of luxury speeders. She would take one of the middle vehicles with Arisa, the Commodore and his bodyguards. The roomy interiors of the Kiribian made speeders would leave them all with plenty of space.

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Caius Flavian

I took her arm and allowed her to lead the way.
My two body guards had managed to change at boot camp speed into their service uniforms trailed behind the party.
When we arrived to the motorcade of speeders I was taken by the domestic looking vehicles.
Economically Kiribi must be doing pretty well for itself.
"Yes, I've been following the news on the holonet quite a lot recently it seems that the security situation of the republic is in dire straits having barely survived a revolution, attacks by the Sith and now embroiled in conflict with the mandolarians. As an outside observer its become clear that the republic's military is overstretched. Despite all that worlds such as your own still brim with prosperity and peace."
I sat across from the Senator and her companion with both my guards to either side of myself.
The two were simply armed with modified blaster pistols holstered on their thighs.
As light of a foot print as I could allow.

[member="Suravi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom