Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship MC80e Heavy Star Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
mc80eliberation.jpg

Image Source: My Photobucket (Model Created with 3ds max)
Affiliation: MCS Customers with Purchase Post
Manufacturer: Mon Calamari Shipyards
Model: MC80e Liberation-class
Modularity: No
Production: Limited - (Max of 2 per Writer)
Material:

Neualuquad Ablative Armor Plating
Ferrocarbon Condensed-matter Composite

Classification: Star Destroyer
Length: 1500 meters
Height: 250 meters
Width: 750 meters

Armament Rating: 16 (2256/2356)

Armaments
Offensive
* 32 Dual Vengeance Quadra Assault Turbolaser Turrets
* 12 Turbolaser Cannon Batteries
* 12 Ion Cannon Batteries
Warhead
* 12 MCS1020 Sea Hawk Heavy Torpedo Launcher

Defenses Rating: 18

MC1010 Delphus.4-class Quad Redundancy Shield Projectors
Neualuquad Ablative Armor Plating
Ferrocarbon Condensed-matter Composite
No Defensive Weapons

Hangar: 1 Squadrons

Special Features:

MC-1002 Oracle-class Sensor Suite
MC1003 Tetra-class Targeting/Tracking System
MC1004 OPAL-class Communication Laser Projector
MC1005 Dolfin-class Communications Array

Maneuverability Rating: 18
Speed Rating: 18
Hyperdrive Class: 2.0

Strengths:
Increased Defense Rating
Increased Armament Rating
Hardened Redundant Systems

Weaknesses:
Very Limited Production Run
Reduced Sublight Speed
Reduced Maneuverability
Reduced Hyperspace Speed
Reduced Hanger Capacity
No Defensive Armaments

Description: In the history of space warfare, no ship other than the wedged form of the Imperial Star Destroyer is more recognizable than the sleek organic Mon Calamari Cruiser. These iconic ships stood up to the ancient New Order Destroyers matching them and proving far more resilient in battle. This is because of the Mon Cala and their design principles. Their ships were not machines built on a production line, Weapons of war made to strike fear in the hearts of men. No, The Mon Calamari Star Cruiser is a beacon of hope for the galaxy. Proof that even in the face of insurmountable odds, absolute power can be wrenched from the oppressor by sheer will and determination. Thier ships were not a series of hull numbers, laid beside each other built in concert. Each ship was a truly individual vessel. with its own lines and personality. Built not for war, these vessels were made to stand against the walls of the defender and scream out you shall not pass. Built to stand off against more powerful and more numerous foes, the Mon Calamari Cruiser is designed with defense over offense in mind. Layer upon layer of redundant shielding and systems see that the Mon Calamari cruiser simply out lasts other ships in the game of attrition. It utilizes its defensive capabilities to stand and fight longer when most ships would be crippled or destroyed.

Built to honor the ancient Liberty variant, and utilizing advanced construction technics and systems designed for the classes sister, the Solidarity-class, the Liberation-class is an updated and more advanced vessel than the older ships which inspired her.

The Liberation-class is a heavier variant of Mon Calamari Star Cruiser designed for long to medium range stand off engagements. The class has been lengthened and wings have been added to make room for the more powerful weapon mounts. The Internal hanger has been removed to make room for redundant reactors to power the heavy weapons,

Utilizing her superior defenses such as advanced quad redundancy shielding, redundant power regulation and data transmission lines, and advanced armor, the Liberation-class can stand off much larger vessels with its formidable defensive systems, while its long range quadra turbolasers can pummel an enemy at long ranges. The class is equipped with limited standard range armaments for medium and short range engagements.

Twelve heavy torpedo launchers round out the offensive capabilities of the vessel. These heavy mounts fire a variety of warheads for any mission profile and need. these include warheads fired by variable and general warhead launchers such as Assault Concussion Missiles, EWAR Torpedo. and proprietary warheads only fired by the launcher such as mon cala designed Heavy Proton Torpedo, Heavy Penetrator Torpedo, Heavy Plasma Torpedo, Heavy Ion Torpedo, Heavy EMP Torpedo, Heavy Ball Bering Torpedoes, Heavy Carbonite Torpedoes.

The Class is meant to stand off and fight other capital warships and does not have any defensive or Electronic Warfare armaments and must rely on other vessels to protect it from small craft such as bombers and fighters, and light capital vessels such as pickets and corvettes. Alone, the class is very vulnerable to attack craft attacks. Only the classes powerful redundant shielding and advanced armor protects it from these attacks.

Development Thread: My Bronze Omega Reward
Intent: To create a star cruiser variant for MCS customers
Who Can Use This: Major Factions, Tier 5 and above Corporations
Primary Source:
MC80d Solidarity-class Star Cruiser
MC80 Liberty type Star Cruiser

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Reshmar"]

Alright, I just saw that.

Let's begin, there's a couple of things I would like to see addressed:

You can remove expensive from weaknesses, since in my opinion having no economic system here makes it redundant.

Next, this star destroyer is both a heavy puncher and a very, very durable beast. Dropping speed and maneuverability just by 1 from the generic star destroyers is, in my opinion, not good enough. Why would it move around like when it can take a beating like crazy ? I won't force you to make it slower even if it does help a tiny bit to make it balanced. My main concern is the fact that it does not possess a specific weakness because I would argue that being weak vs. star fighters and smaller craft in this case is basically not being able to hit them as well as specific weaponry can but neither such craft are that threatening to this thick meatball. Simply said, it can't hit 'em but they can't hit em as well cause the MC80e's defence is tough as hell.

What I want to see is something specific, something that it would be specifically weak against. Right now, I see it as that big bad strong bully in school but with a protector over its intimate parts making him an impregnable force of doom. I want that protector off, I want it to have that weak spot. It's your decision what that would be. :p

Let me know what you think.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Zef Halo"]

* I reduced armament from 18 to 16 to match the math. I just forgot I removed weapons in the final version.
* I reduced Defense from 20 to 18 because of the lack of defensive weapons systems.
* Removed the exspensive weakness
* Removed the weak vs attack craft weakness.
* Removed the difficult to repair weakness.

As for the others, I feel they are all legitimate weaknesses.
* Reduced speed and maneuvering will effect it in threads with hex grid maps making it able to move one less hex than normally.
* Reduced Maneuvering will give it one less hex facing of movement in a hex map based thread.
* Reduced hyperdrive will effect it in threads with hyperspace routes making it take twice as long to travel the same distance on the map.
* limited production limits it to 2 ships per character.
* Reduced hanger capacity gives it one less squadron
* No Defensive weapons makes it weak against attack craft and warheads.

Star Destroyer example
1700 meters
mass production
16 armament
2,356 weapons count
16 defense
17 speed
17 maneuvering
class 1 hyperdrive

MC80e
1500 meters
limited production ( only 2 per writer can be used at one time.)
16 Armament
18 Defense
18 speed
18 maneuverability
class 2 hyperdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom