Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master of the seven forms?

I am curious who everyone would vote for when it came to the seven lightsaber forms. Who is the master of Makashi, Juyo and so on. Also, who would you vote for the ultimate master who has mastered all seven? I am personally interested in who you would vote for Vaapad being a Vaapad writer myself and honestly not seeing anyone else who uses it. Personally, I am still learning to write it as I am always very tempted to always post, "he moved his lightsaber really fast." Which I have been known to do haha.

I mean on the board, not canon.

#Tyrannyreigns!

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Silara Kuhn said:
[member="Reverance"] for Makashi, [member="Alric Kuhn"]'s various characters for the swiss army knife.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-14835-1417523441-8.gif

While Hasjo Hallu was a Jedi Master and Councilman, he was deemed 'Exotic Weapons Master' as he had mastered or near-mastered six of the seven lightsaber forms alongside a series of weapons. He refused to learn the seventh form for its close connections and temptations to the Dark Side. Once he became a Sith Lord he briefly became the One Sith Blademaster as Darth Vidar (Vidar is a Norse God meaning 'The Silent').

Albeit his finesse and focus on training in the forms left him vulnerable and weak in the Force, very very weak. I'm not going to nominate my own character of course, but I thought to mention him due to his achievements in the field of lightsaber combat.

[member="The Upright Man"]

I remember a fight with him we never finished and he spent the majority of the fight "bellowing" rather then fighting with a blade so I don't see how he was weak in the force. Also you say he wouldn't learn the seventh form because it was too close to the dark side, but he learns the sixth which is the dark side form? That is a bit confusing.

Hi.

Before this character was brainwashed and tortured into becoming a mindless assassin, he was a Master of Vaapad. So I'd have to nominate Darron Wraith(myself) as tops in that category.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Hakora Feanor"]

I generally keep tabs on who's the best at writing the spirit of various combat styles with the character experience to back it up. I'm a little behind the times, but off the top of my head, my guess would be...

Form I: Shii-Cho - Ashin Varanin. I don't know any other senior Masters who have Shii-Cho as their exclusive primary style, and if there are, I can probably whup'em.
Form II: Makashi - My money's on Reverance.
Form III: Soresu - This one I don't know. There's an awful lot of Jedi Masters running around who claim blademaster status, and frankly I'm behind the times on telling'em apart combat-wise. If Ben Watts was around, he'd have my vote.
Form IV: Ataru - Soliael's writer has a definite flair for that kind of acrobatic, flamboyant combat, and plenty of competence in it, though I'm not sure if any of his current top-tier characters focus on Ataru. The other name that comes to mind is Raziel.
Form V: Shien/Djem So - Kaine/Vornskr and Cavill/Kryptus come to mind, but for my money, the absolute best Djem So fighter on the board is Alen Na'Varro.
Form VI: Niman - Not a clue. I can't think of any high-level Masters that have Niman as a primary style and enough lightsabre focus to be serious contenders, though I'm sure there's one or two floating around nowadays.
Form VII: Juyo or Vaapad - Darron Wraith, hands down, full stop.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Also, this isn't really a thing.

Hakora Feanor said:
Also, who would you vote for the ultimate master who has mastered all seven?

Cin Drallig knew the full gamut, and he was top-tier, but Anakin still took apart Drallig and his students simultaneously. The greatest blademasters in that era were single-form stylists - Obi-Wan with Soresu, Yoda with Ataru/Sokan, Windu with Vaapad, Fisto with Shii-Cho, etc. I've seen characters on the board that're competent in two or maaaybe three, but any more than that and you run into problems, both in writing quality and in plausibility.

[member="Hakora Feanor"]
Bellow is among one of the few Force abilities he is talented in. Just because he is weak in the Force doesn't mean he is useless. All Jedi are required to be trained in the Force and Lightsaber combat to pass their initiate trials. He just primarily focused on bladework, and thus as a Master, compared to other Masters, he was very very weak, but against others less-trained, he was still formidable.

The Sixth Form is known as the Diplomats Form, and focused on moderation... I don't see how that is a Dark Side form.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Lanax Grayson"]

Oh, I know - I was just mentioning the primary reasons why you're not going to find competent fight-writers with experienced characters who are considered top-tier in more than a couple of Forms.

Ashin Varanin said:
Form VII: Juyo or Vaapad - Darron Wraith, hands down, full stop.
Though they aren't canon different they are vastly different in that a true Vaapad user would not be Sith while a true Juyo user would be. So is this writer actually a master of Vaapad or Juyo or somehow do they have a mastery of both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom