Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marketplace, auction house review and black market brainstorm

So few things to report with the feed back on the market and the auction house.http://starwarsrp.net/topic/32401-marketplace-and-auction-house-feedback/page-2#entry461889

1. Template review: Perhaps attempt a standard template for anyone wishing to post a market thread.

2. Template Rhys Provided for a method of folks asking a company for a specific product?

Rhys said:
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

It would look something like this (trying to keep simple):

ITT Name: Describe the type of product you are after
Background: What is the background of your request, why do you need this item?
Tender Response Form: How do you want companies to respond? A full draft of a tech sub/existing tech, a general outline of how they will meet the requirements
Form of Contract: Is this a one off purchase, or are you after on open contract to supply a catalogue of items. Do you want a maintenance contract?
Evaluation Criteria: How are you going to pick the winner? Choose from the following options:
Cheapest Compliant Bid - whichever supplier meets the mandatory requirements and gives you the best price
Weighted Selection - You will make a decision based on a number of factors. Bids must still be compliant with requirements, but you will choose based on: reputation of supplier, the optional extras, the quality of the response.
Requirements
Functional Specification: What outputs do you need from the service? This could include for example: the range of classes of ship you want, the function of the ship, the armor penetration of the weapon.
The following are set terms to be used:
Buyer - the term used for the organisation putting out the tender
Supplier - the organisation that may supply with product
Must/Shall - this is a mandatory requirement and must be met
May/Should - this is an optional requirement (a "nice to have")
Example: The Supplier's ship Must be of the Frigate class
The ship Should come with an advanced sensor package capable of rapidly locking onto snubfighters as full velocity at maximum range.
The ship Must come with an advanced sensor package capable of rapidly locking onto snubfighters at full velocity at half range.
Each requirement should be on a separate line to make it easier for the potential suppliers to respond.
Other Requirements: Do you need the company to adhere to certain types (Class, not from a region you're at war with, a history of delivering similar technology)
Is this a long term project or an Urgent Operational Requirement (UOR). Fast turnaround for bespoke items will incur additional costs.
You could require training from the supplier for your new technology (at cost)
You might require the supplier to provide items for acceptance testing events (at cost)
Do you need the supplier to make changes to the item to meet future requirements? (at cost, provided as a quotation in response to a request for change)
Example: The Supplier Must provide sufficient documentation and training for the Buyer to carry out repairs/maintenance at shipyard X
Example: The Supplier Shall provide two vessels for a testing/acceptance event at a location chosen by the Buyer three months before final delivery.
Quantity: How many of the item do you need? (More = cheaper) Do you intend to buy all up front, or a regular number at specific delivery points
Example: The supplier shall provide 10 vessels within three months of the prototypes passing acceptance tests/trials.
The Supplier Must then provide a further 2 vessels every 6 months for the remainder of the contract

A supplier (hopefully more than one) would then provide a response to show they meet the requirements and a price (via PM). Alternatively they may ask clarification questions to ensure they meet the requirements.

3. Clarification of the Auction rules to state that links will be provided for any items gained. Clarification on the approval of a faction auction.

4. Black Market: Currently SSB has a “Black Market” forum called “Veiled Assets.” Like the market, it has a thread for clubs, speakeasies, cantinas, and any kind of rift raft place. Only difference is that in these areas, you get actual little roleplays to find out who sells the stuff and get your goods.

My concern is that this is in SSB and isn’t on the front page like the Market. So how can we make this viable and easy to use? The black market to me seems like a more roleplayed area that requires actual rp to get what you need due to the legality of the items and information you’d likely glean. A bunch of these places are also just companies that are clubs or fronts.

A suggestion from the feedback.

Fatty said:
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

However, if I were to suggest something, I'd say that we keep the Black Market black and have all that illegal stuff outsourced to minor factions dedicated to it like the SSB you have going. But that's just my opinion, as it may be more practical to have the marketplace all-inclusive of such deals, or subforumed with a little twist on the rules to make it fit the genre.
So gonna need your help, what can we do to make this work?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
I don't think we should add a template to the marketplace for buyers as that would complicate purchases, but that's just me. We could put one up for the companies to fill out for their sale page, but again, that's just me.

As for providing links for things gained, yeah. We should have that added in. Too many folks are out there going "I have this rare and exceedingly valuable item(s) that I just have because I'm from the planet/own the planet/from the faction that has that planet/Handwaved it into my possession" and other such things. Requiring links for items SOLD should be the deal. For those BIDDING, that falls into the credit check and they should be able to provide the links for those items. No links for the item? You fail the credit check.

As for a Black Market area, I don't think we really need a section, though it'd be a neat bit of cool factor to have it. That said, we could easily either require companies to label things illegal/legal/etc. for the sellers. For example, Tenloss canonically makes Disruptor weapons which are highly illegal. When I sell them, I make sure to let the buyer know that the weapon is illegal in most of the galaxy and that as soon as it's in their possession, Tenloss isn't held liable. For example:

Popo said:
Also, please remember that by purchasing the DX-2 Disruptor Pistol and the DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle, you have, at the time of purchase, agreed to waive both warranty of the weapons and to accept full legal responsibility of the weapons you have ordered. Both weapons are considered illegal in many systems and, via your digital signature, Tenloss would like to remind you that upon receipt of the weapons ordered, Tenloss can no longer be held legally accountable for your ownership or use of such weapons.

Stuff like that. Or perhaps each company can set up a secondary page for illegal stuff. 'Tis a thought.

All good thoughts. *ponders*

I'll go about adding the current *link your threads* addendum to the rules, pass it by ashin so she can update the factory mod notifications.

I'll brain storm some things as well with how to best move forward with it all.

Gonna also start on that index.

Danger Arceneau said:
Clarification of the Auction rules to state that links will be provided for any items gained. Clarification on the approval of a faction auction.
I still want to make an insurance company for this.

Strask Ak'lya said:
I still want to make an insurance company for this.

Haha, then do it!

Anyways, in terms of a new rule to be added -- I have considered the following.

*For any restricted materials, holocrons, or artifacts, please link the thread where you acquired the item into the auction.

Or should it be more blanket statement?

Popo said:
As for a Black Market area, I don't think we really need a section, though it'd be a neat bit of cool factor to have it. That said, we could easily either require companies to label things illegal/legal/etc. for the sellers. For example, Tenloss canonically makes Disruptor weapons which are highly illegal. When I sell them, I make sure to let the buyer know that the weapon is illegal in most of the galaxy and that as soon as it's in their possession, Tenloss isn't held liable. For example:

Stuff like that. Or perhaps each company can set up a secondary page for illegal stuff. 'Tis a thought.
This may be a good option -- just an addition where they have their Illegal items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom