Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Marimax Mortui

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”

Utkm30j.jpg

Full name: Marimax Mortui

Species: Human

Homeworld: Mandalore

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 225 lbs.

Build: Muscular

Hair Color: Black

Hair Style: Slightly Scraggly

Facial Features: Long, Kept Beard

Eye color: Yellow, Black Pupils

Force Sensitive: No

Faction: NIO

SubFaction: N/A

Clan: Mortui

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Voice:
Denzel Washington

• The Ruins of Legends
    The Autobiography of Marimax Lacroix

Chapter 1

My parents were merchant traders, born and operating out of Haruun Kal, where they had prospered in both fortune and renown. When they sought to employ crewmen to fill the bowels of their frigate, they had to sift through the various applications that flooded their medium-sized office structure. As they say, one's reputation is the key to a successful merchant outfit. My parents had long since disavowed any political stances, believing the only true political power was the almighty credit; which allowed them to fly to almost every civilized spaceport in the galaxy, and some in the uncharted regions, or they claimed of the latter.

Before I finally arrived, my parents had amassed enough of a fortune that they had talked on numerous occasions of selling their highly profitable enterprise and settling down to enjoy life all the way through their twilight years. When my Mother learned of my pending arrival, that decision became reality; and they moved to Mandalore where they purchased a sizable chunk of land where they paid handsomely for a beautiful homestead. My parents, once space farers, had now turned to a life of agriculture. It was less than six months later I was born.

Now my parents, as much as I love them, had no real culture to speak of. How could they? They where always on the move for the next payday. So it was no wonder growing up with the other kids in our community, and aided by their parents, that I became engrossed in the Mandalorian culture. I learned of their histories, through the good and the bad, and I learned their language. I grew up blaring with Mandalorian Pride. As I got older, my attentions turned elsewhere; like bounty hunting even though my parents wanted their only child to sprout into a farmer. My parents respected my wishes and encouraged me rather than fight against my choice.

It should be duly noted that I never officially joined any Bounty Hunter's Guild, rather I worked as an independent contractor; preferring to work solo was more beneficial to me, in spite of the hazards of working alone. Like my parents, my career took me across the galaxy where I, too, began to make my fortunes. However, I'm quite convinced what experiences my parents had and those of what I possessed where on opposite sides of the pendulum. I witnessed first hand the horrors of the galaxy that glistened by the various governments, empires, and war-machines that strangled the galaxy with their continuous wars and political agendas. Sith, Jedi, or anything in between where no different to me than planetary governments oppressing another's people and vice versa through finger pointing and verbal attacks; which only led to bloodshed.

The galaxy, to me anyway, was fractured. But as one man, what difference could I make? I've heard of 'good' governments and 'good-natured' factions fighting the good fight; but good and evil are two words separated by one's own perspective.

I have returned to Mandalore a few times before I hung up the bounty hunting business in favor of pursuing something more profitable. My last two visits, it grieves me to write, was to first bury my Mother and a year later my Father. I know they died proud of their only child, but I also knew they were sad to never have witnessed the pleasures of grandchildren. But how could I ever bring kids into this wretched revolving galaxy where worlds burned on an Emperor's whim or a Senate's vote or caught between two politically motivated agendas? No, I've seen enough orphans, hell, even created some myself. No, it was time to make a difference.

• Skills

Weapons Engineer: He is well educated in creating, developing, or upgrading any ranged weapons.
    Tactician:
    Plans well, taking every possible scenario into account; formulating the best possible course of action.
    Mechanic: Loves to get dirty fixing machines, those bred for both war or occupational use.
    Technological Guru: Like mechanical machines, he is very educated in repairing droids, computers, or electronic devices; or building them.
    Craftsman:
    Loves to build stuff, and improve on other products.
    Marksman: He is extremely deadly accurate when using rifles and pistols.
    Medical Technician:
    Understands the above basics of medicine (i.e. healing salves, medical drugs) and treating wounds / injuries.

Personality

He can, at rare times, harbor a wicked temper. He pulls no punches when speaking his mind. He is brash and quick to action, verbally. He comes off very intimidating, a role he plays extremely well.
  • Strengths and Weaknesses

Shrewd Business Man: Can aggressively take over any negotiation proceedings, turning the talks into his favor.
    Loyalty:
    Despite his character flaws, he is loyal to a fault.
    Last Man Standing: When engaged in hostilities, he will fight to the end.

Another Round:
    Not an alcoholic in the traditional sense of the meaning, but he is known to frequent establishments where the booze is cheap and the women cheaper.
    Under No Ladders:
    He is a man of superstitions, never risking to go against the grain.

Last edited:

G E N E R A L​

FULL NAME: Mikilanna Mihaly
UNKNOWN ALIAS: Darth Kauhu
CURRENT TITLES: Overseer of Science Development
FORCE SENSATIVE: Yes
FORCE ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
FORCE RANK: Sith Lord
FACTION: Eternal Empire
RESIDENCE:

SPECIES: Felacat
HEIGHT: 1. 8 meters
WEIGHT: 56 kg.
EYE COLOR: Cybernetic
HAIR COLOR: White
SKIN PIGMENT: Pale / DS Corruption
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Lesbian
RELIGION: Pa'Kana
SECT: Kult of Yhdeksän
RELIGIOUS TITLE: Ylipapitar (High Priestess)
VOICE: Emily Brown

T R A I T S​

ASSETS​
(strengths)

RISKS​
(weaknesses)

A B I L I T I E S​

K N O W N _ O R I G I N S​

HOME WORLD: Felacat
FAMILY: Classified
OTHER TITLES: Director of Royal Institute of Science
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: TSE / Sith

KNOWN HISTORY:

Diary of the Damned

Chapter I: The Backstory

Born into the Mihaly family, one of the Nobel Families on Felacat, Mikilanna lived her younger years in a life of grandeur. The moment she could attend school, her parents sent her to the best school on Felacat, as all Nobel families did. She was invited to many childhood Balls and Dances; quickly raising the number of friends to her circle, yet deep inside she felt disconnected with them. She even began taken an interest in politics, as all Mihaly bloodlines did, where she began to find a balance in her life. She spent several hours of free time learning the intricate designs of politics, which bred her desire for knowledge. Even then, she began a unhealthy appetite for science. Spreading her free time between politics, science, and pursuing historical and present histories, her time with friends dwindled.

Her Father personally trained her on how to shift between forms at will, also teaching her mystic techniques on to quell her stress levels. It was said that if a Felacatian transformed without control, they were deemed feral and put down. The transformation they harbored was dangerous, if not properly trained. Forced away from her studies and personal hobbies, she endured hours of training along side her Father. In spite of this, a strong bond formed between Father and Daughter, while casting a schism between her and the rest of her immediate family.

When she turned twelve, something began to stir and change within her. The mysterious Force had reached out, collecting the young Felacatian for it’s own. The understanding and knowledge of the Force was known amongst the Felacatians, but they lacked the true understanding of how it worked. Generations before, a lone Togruta Jedi had come to their planet to aid them and their former Queen during what is historically called the Clone Wars. From that encounter, legends about the Jedi wrapped around the planet. Naturally, others had come before young Mikilanna who could use the Force, but the Force was not a common occurrence among the Felcatians. Her parents, were at a crossroads.

Her parents, as with her older siblings, loved her deeply; only wanting the best for their daughter. A tough decision laid before them, eventually culminating into the only plausible choice possible; they would turn her over to the Jedi. They knew only the famed Order could properly educate their young daughter in the ways of this Force. And, they knew, the Jedi would also aid and encourage her interests.

However, the galaxy was in turmoil; suffering from wars and conquests that dwindled the ways to contact the Jedi Order. Her parents began to fear young Mikilanna would be robbed of a destiny they could never give her. But the Force would not be denied. A couples of weeks before her 13th birthday, a merchant trader had come to the palace to propose a trade agreement with the Royal and Nobel Families. During the meeting, the trader spoke of news regarding the galaxy, subsequently mentioning the Jedi; or more in fact the Silver Jedi. Mikilanna’s Father pulled the trader aside after the meeting, discussing possible ways to contact the Silver Jedi. The trader, smiling, said for a small fee he would personally see that Mikilanna would be taken to the only location he knew the Silver Jedi where.

For the greater part of a year, she was trained by the Jedi; learning to harness her control of the Force while learning the art of lightsaber techniques. She attended classes that called to her greater interests. However, where she surpassed all expectations in the classrooms, she struggled with the Jedi training. She didn't lack the motivation to learn, but there was something rooting within her that made her question the Jedi teachings. The more she sought questions to their teachings, the more and more her frustration began to lean toward more baser, darker emotions. She grew angrier frequently which led to many deep harnessed discussions with Jedi Masters and Teachers; which she began to resent.

Her resentment manifested into hatred of the Masters and Teachers. It was then she began to hear and feel the cold whispers of the dark side; though she didn't know it was the darkened sibling of the Force that was attempting to contact her. The dark side was a concept the Teachers restrained indulging the young ones with, protecting them in their own ways. But to Mikilanna, her inquisitive mind reeled with seeking to understand the dark side, and why the Jedi promptly taught against it. One night, when most of the Temple and Academy was asleep, she snuck out to the Jedi Library; searching for anything topics pertaining to the dark side.

After her research completed, she returned to her quarters to get some sleep before the daily routine of classes and training began. Half way through the day, she had been summoned to meet with two Masters and the Academy's Headmaster where it was discussed her breaking the rules of seeking knowledge of the dark side. She had failed to properly log out of the terminal she was using, leaving evidence of her queries. Without the meeting concluded, her mind was decided; she was leaving the Jedi Order.

Chapter II: The Sith, The Saaraishash, The Development

The first weeks of her indoctrination into the Sith was not exactly as she had planned or hoped for. The rumors of her being a fallen Jedi, a disgraced Jedi to the more advanced students, had proceeded her long before her first lessons. And even during the first month or so of attending lessons, she was always singled out either by the teachers or students. No matter what was thrown at her, the mental fortitude she possessed would not allow for failure; a second time. This was, after all, her choice to join the Sith, unlike being handed over to the Jedi.

Like a sponge, she soaked up knowledge at an astounding rate, learning quickly how to cull the others who continuously sought new and inventive methods to break down her moral. Even as others where being 'picked' by higher ranking Sith to study under them in an Apprenticeship nature, she stayed her own personal course. Her hard work and perseverance finally caught the eye of Sith Lord, who took her under her wing; forming the Master - Apprentice relationship. She trained with her Master, learning the fundamentals and building the foundation from which she could branch out. From these early one on one sessions, she was prepared to aid the Sith Empire in such conquests of Kalee, where she partook in the tournaments pitting warrior against warrior. She managed to win her matches, learning more about her combat prowess in the process.

Her second mission led her to the planet of Huk, where she was involved in a rescue mission with two other Sith and a droid. The mission, quite eventful, was a success. In spite of her two previous outings, her Master required more. One solo outing took her to the Nur, the planet of the long and ancient base of the Inquisitors. This was not only a solo mission for the young Sith, but a test to see if she was worthy of joining the ranks of the Saaraishash, the Empire's Inquisitor Branch. Though there were others also mucking about the defunct fortress, nothing eventful took place other than recovering a few old memorabilia from an age gone-by.

Once her worth was proving, she became the youngest member, age 15, to enter the Saaraishash. She split her time training with her Master and her duties as an Inquisitor. She took missions that rooted out those preaching sedition against the Sith Empire. She hunted down enemies of the Empire, bringing those that survived such encounters to trial. And, though she disliked these missions, even obtained information for the Empire; though such missions she found taxing and mentally boring. With her success rate amazing, she had been personally assigned to accompany a trio of the Emperor's personal guards in transporting a traitorous Sith Lord from an ally in the Outer Rims to stand trial before both the Dark Council and the Emperor.

It has been said, perhaps either rumored or misinterpreted, that the Force has both a mind and a will of it's own; which can be proven, but it appears that it may have an odd sense of humor as well. During the return trip with the prisoner through hyperspace, the navigation system on the ship malfunctioned and the hyperdrive sputtered out; spitting the ship out of hyperspace before all systems blinked out, setting them on a crash course of the nearby planet....

Chapter III: The Rebirth

Ten years have passed since that crash, and much has changed for the Felacat. But let's not bore the reader, and proceed to hit the high points.

The planet they crashed upon was harsh and unwelcoming. And with the ship in near ruins, there was no way to chart their location. However, all five members of that ill-fated transportation detail survived. The planet, as mentioned earlier, was not one for rolling out the welcoming mat. The creatures that roamed the various terrains were always hungry and what passed as the local natives where not much better. Every day from the crash landing to the final escape off the planet was riddled with feats of survival; though over time the trio of guards perished in varying and horrible ways.

Naturally, as one might assume, it didn't take long for the Sith Lord and the young Felacat to form a bond. By the will of the Force, it almost seemed predetermined. The Sith Lord relentlessly trained her on the history and philosophies of the Sith. Once, he boasted, he was a great warrior who saw extensive conflicts with the Jedi; but as age crept upon him like a night stalker, he turned his attention elsewhere. He trained her even more harder when it came to the Force and the Dark Side; forging a powerful connection between them and the Felacat. He tested her daily, sending her out on survival tests with only one obtainable goal; don't get herself killed. She didn't crave the bloodlust, if that was his endgame, but she did turn into a very powerful adversary; more than capable of handling herself with or without the Force, with or without her training blade.

During this period, she learned about Alchemy and it's many wonderful applications. She created trinkets infused with the Force and Force abilities; but nothing note worthy as of yet. Also, during this period, the two, Master and Apprentice, found what suited her best in terms of Force abilities; and worked years on perfecting them. However, unbeknownst to the Felacat, her mentor, teacher, and father figure was dying. He was strong in the Force, so whether by choice or lack of skill, he allowed it to take it's course.

Toward the end of the ten years, Mikilanna knelt next to her dying Father. Here, putting her in near shock, he finally spoke of the reasons he betrayed the Sith Empire and why they wanted him to stand trial; which he told her with a crooked smile was only a facade to appease the masses. But her views and perceptions of the Sith Empire had changed through her mentor's teachings; either by his grand ability to manipulate her young mind or by her own deeply buried questions. Under a full moon, stars shining bright, and a gentle breeze blowing just enough to move the flames of their campfire that combined their two shadows into one; three things happened in the waning minutes of her mentor's life.

The first, Mikilanna denounced her loyalty to the Sith Empire, embracing only the ideologies of their ancient religion. Secondly, she shed her birth name under the watchful eyes of the Lords of the Sith long dead, granting them the audience of her rebirth; sputtering her new name Darth Kauhu. But at the request of her mentor, master, and father that name should remain secret, revealing it sparingly. And finally, before she could elevate to the rank of Sith Lord, per the ancient Rule of Two her mentor preached, she must kill her master. One might think killing a dying man would be cowardice, while another might consider this similar act as an opportunity.

After burying her father, she needed a way off this wretched planet; and once more, the Force obliged. Two days after the burial, an exploration ship landed on the planet; greeted by one, lone female. When the ship departed, it held only one, lone female.

Chapter IV: The Enlightenment and The Eternal Empire

She returned to the galaxy, changed and darker in soul. She quickly surrounded herself in the scientific community; learning quickly from scholars and high praised scientists and doctors. Early in her life, she studied politics and science, so all she needed was to get a refresher course. She hired two well renowned scientists in the field of genetics, dna composition, and coding. In a few months, she learned from them everything she could, then she killed them to keep their silence. Nobody in the galaxy knew anything about her, which gave her leverage to construct her own path, shape her own future and destiny.

G E A R​

* hhh

M I S S I O N _ L O G S​

* threads

7125b57f3948902a502a53d42b214b8d.jpg

[/ISPOILER]

8VvFaCb.png
RISK ASSESSMENT: Extreme

OVERSEER OF SCIENCE DEVELOPMENT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom