Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Manta-class Gunship

Status
Not open for further replies.
X2MANTApanelsWIP001d_1920.jpg

Image Source: http://starcitizen.mmmos.com/?p=view&uid=5475e4dbbc334&title=x-2-manta-advanced-starfighter-wip-%28updated-panels-27-november%29
Affiliation: EIC Clients
Manufacturer: Eshan Industrial Corporation
Model: Manta-class Gunship
Modularity: None
Production: Minor
Material: Transparisteel, Titanium, Durasteel
Classification: Gunship
Length: 36m
Height: 7m
Width: 16m

Armament: 4 Proton Torpedo Launchers, 6 Laser Cannons, 4 proton bombs

Squadron Count: 4

Special Features:
Standard Non-Combat Accoutrements
Advanced Shields
EZY Engines

Maneuverability Rating: 4
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: .75

Strengths:
+ Fast
+ Quiet
+ Heavy Shields
Weaknesses:
- Thinner hull due to aerodynamics
- Expensive

Description: Developed as an effort to modernize the defensive force of the Echani, the Manta-class proved more capable than expected. With two pilots, the ship is capable of performing both advanced maneuvers, and monitoring its surroundings in ways that would typically only be possible for a fighter with a droid co-pilot. The ship proved both fast and agile for a vessel of its size, and with it's relatively large amount of weaponry it certainly packs a punch. The heavy shielding keeps it protected for a longer time. However, once that shield goes down, the hull is easy to punch through. Hull density had to be sacrificed in favor of the necessary aerodynamics to make the ship fast. The addition of the EZY Engines means that the ship can run extremely quiet and nearly undetectable by scanners, but it provides extra cost to an already expensive ship. Regardless, the vessel is more than capable of filling the role it was designed for, and in most cases exceeds similar vessels due to speed and maneuverability.
Development Thread: None unless requested.
Intent: To create a primary Echani-based gunship to be sold to lightsided individuals and governments alongside other fighter compliments.
Who Can Use This: People who buy them from EIC or are EIC employees.
Primary Source: None

[member="Niamh Raste"]

Just to make sure you are aware before approving this that just quiet engines does not mean it cannot be detected by scanners as sensors have several means of detection, if you meant for this to be a true stealth vessel would you want to make any changes to the design or were you meaning that just the engines ran undetected and are ok with that? I'm sorry if I read it wrong, the description just made it sound like you meant it avoided most sensors just because of the engines.

[member="Camellia Swift"]
I'm aware. The Engines are my design and the limits of what they can do are covered in that sub. It's just that it's much harder to detect the ship due to the Engines is all. It's not a true stealth ship.

[member="Niamh Raste"]

Alright was just making sure so I didn't approve it before it was all set for you.

I see no other issue considering the size, squadron count, and production.

Pending Secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom