Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mandos and Smugglers and Jail, Oh My!

Freight Lock AA-23, InFT Emerald Horizon
Time: 1115 Local

CloneWars-StarTours-Station.jpg

Vykter waits patiently for his new friends to arrive. Though he has reservations about working with a government operative and Sith, he finds he has plenty of faith in his new smuggler associate Casey "Casca" Romarin.
As he waits, he tends to the needs of his modified freighter Emerald Horizon. Stretching 70 meters end to end and equipped with 3 quad laser cannon, 2 concussion missile launchers and a spinal turbolaser she is a durable and reliable vessel. Though most of her internal space is taken up by illegal military shields and aftermarket cruiser engines, her owners somehow found a way to keep the limited medical facilities, mess, crew quarters and vehicle bay intact at the expense of cargo space.
After making sure the ship was ready for departure, Vykter cleaned up and changed to meet his guests at the airlock...

Vykter Orade

Looks Like This Guy Just Killed You
Now to wait and see who is conscious and sober enough to come, or drunk enough depending on the temperament.

Vyk had just finished cleaning out the 02 scrubbers on the lower deck and rekeying the warheads in the missile bays before he had descended to the mid deck to wait at the inner airlock doors. At this time of day there was heavy traffic along the causeway beyond the outer door and he preferred to avoid crowds.

He'd opted to leave his armor in his cabin and had dawned a simple white shirt, black pants and his utility belt with blaster. He tended to wear the armor any time he stepped off the ship, as was traditional for those to whom Mandalorian armor was passed, but in the relatively safe confines of his ship, his home, he preferred the small comfort of free mobility. Armor would only hinder him further in the seemingly cramped confines of the ship anyway.

He took a sip of his caf and leaned back against the bulkhead and waited for [member="Casey Romarin"], [member="Darth Mythos"] and [member="Edward Blake"] to arrive.

"Damn! There's no room for my 'thermal detonators' in here!"

Blake glanced around the airlock and the hallway leading into the ship. It was a bit cramped, but he'd worked in worse conditions before, and this certainly beat a muddy foxhole or trench. Hoisting a black duffle bag full of equipment, Eddie slapped Vykter's back, nearly knocking him to the ground.

"Good to see ya. I brought my own gear for this job. Some old stuff I used back in the day."

The Comedian was wearing his standard sleeveless leather armor with metal shoulder pads, the Galactic Republic's emblem spray painted on. Loose cargo pants and combat boots finished the bottom. Of course, he had his smiley face button pinned to his left collarbone area. Noticeably, Blake had also tried to shave a little more around the sides in an attempt to cut down on the grey hairs.

Eddie scratched his moustache and fiddled with a cigar before asking, "Where do you want me to be for now, Orade?"

[member="Vykter Orade"] [member="Darth Mythos"] [member="Casey Romarin"]

Elvenchild319

Allow me to reintroduce myself
The Ether Jewel, Casey's pride and joy, docked at the space station next to the Emerald Horizon around 1120. The small luxury ship had been remodified into a smuggling vessel with some pretty good firepower, and had fallen to Casey from her long dead mother's will, along with a bit of credits and a few enemies. Casey walked off of her ship and over onto the Emerald Horizon to greet her new partners for this job, making sure her blasters were in the right holsters and that her hood was up, concealing a halo braid and her facial features from passerbys. She walked up to the two men that were already there and leaned against one of the walls.

"Nice ship ya got here. How fast she fly?"

[member="Edward Blake"] [member="Vykter Orade"]

Vykter Orade

Vyk greeted the Comedian with a grin and a matching slap on the back. "Trust me, there's more than enough room somewhere around here. This is a lot of empty ship for one guy." Grabbing one of the bags the man was carrying he motioned for him and [member="Casey Romarin"] to follow. "She's not overly maneuverable, but she is fast. She'll keep pace with a freighter half her size at sublight. Her hyperdrive isn't overly great but it'll make .85."

He led them about 20 meters into the ship down the main corridor until they reached the central turbolift shaft. He motioned for the other two to get in first and said "We'll need to hop up to Deck 2, to the weapons locker is there. Who knows when the other guy will show up, so we can get started there."

Elvenchild319

Casey said nothing, but nodded approvingly. She stored that bit of information inside her mind and followed the men up to Deck 2.

"Well if he's late, he's late, and nobody complains. Let's get down to business."

[member="Vykter Orade"] [member="Edward Blake"]

Blake shrugged and went up to Deck 2 with the duo, lugging his bag with him.

The Comedian also said his hellos to the woman who just entered.

"Hey, how's it going, toots?"

Of course. What a chauvinist.
Classic Blake.

[member="Vykter Orade"] [member="Casey Romarin"]

Vykter Orade

He squeezed in with the pair and hit the button to go up to the next deck.

I should really consider putting in a bigger turbolift. I definitely have the space for it, and if I'm going to be moving groups of people around with armor and gear it would be handy. I remember how big of a pain it was to get the kriffing munitions locker up there.

He shivered slightly at the memory and continued matter of factly. "Basically the deal is this. An old, old friend, who I thought was dead by the way, commed me last night as we were having our little shindig last night. Good time by the way, my temples feel wonderfully achey. Anyways, she has been a very busy girl in her recently not-so-deceased life. Has her own little band of mercs that operate out of an abandoned facility on Rhen Var." He paused for breath as the lift opened. He stepped out and motioned to the door directly in front of them.

"That's my cabin, off limits, as in no touchy." He then pointed to another, smaller door a couple of meters to the right. "That's the turbolaser access, should something happen where someone needed to get at the beastly thing." He then motioned for them to follow as he strode to the left around a bend and up to a rather large and heavy looking hatch. He keyed in a lightning fast series of numbers into a pad by the hatch frame but paused before hitting commit. "This is the play room." He hit the switch and the door opened up to reveal a compartment filled with racks of guns, cases of grenades in all varieties, rockets, ammunition and some crates that he didn't know the contents of thanks to heavy duty locks. Enough ordnance to level a small town sat in this compartment.

contact___armory_by_shimmering_sword-d53uu2p.jpg

He turned back to them and continued matter of factly again. "She got herself in a pickle, and has for some reason asked for my help." He said with a slight twinkle in his eye.

[member="Darth Mythos"] [member="Edward Blake"] [member="Casey Romarin"]

Elvenchild319

Casey slapped the Comedian, very hard. Temporal business partners or not, she would rather kill someone if they called her toots.

Chuavinist...

"Say that again and I'll kill you. I don't care if we're business partners, but you will never refer to me with any despicable names like that, or I will put a few bullets through that shank head of yours." Point made, Casey braced herself against the side of the crowded lift and listened to the brief briefiing made by Vykter before stepping out of the lift.

Vykter Orade said:
"This is the play room." He hit the switch and the door opened up to reveal a compartment filled with racks of guns, cases of grenades in all varieties, rockets, ammunition and some crates that he didn't know the contents of thanks to heavy duty locks. Enough ordnance to level a small town sat in this compartment.
Casey's eyes had a dangerous glint to them as they stepped in the armory.

"Beautiful."

Blake laughed, slap well received.

"You're feisty. I like that. And save your bullets, toot-um, gizka meat. It seems like we'll need 'em."

Truth be told, he wanted to knock that woman flat on her rear for all her tough talk. His pride had been hurt, and that was enough. He'd been in the same situation before, and it didn't end well.

Ok, maybe it was a little different. He had been younger then, full of anger and hormones. That girl that night did the same thing, slapped him. She had rejected his advances like that, so he showed his displeasure by beating her to a pulp.

My, that night was interesting. And that was only the beginning of it.

That had been back then, when he wanted to change things with a passion...back when he fought to clean up the streets, not for some faceless government in black bag operations.

Those were the days.

But now, a lot of that fire had died down. It was quaint how age did that to a man.

The Comedian looked at the ship while the tour was being given.

[member="Vykter Orade"] 's cabin was no touchy? He'd break in later.

The turbolaser room looked like it would be a damn good time, but the play room. Oh, boy...

Blake's face matched his smiley face button when he saw all those weapons and explosives. Man, he would be lying if he said he wasn't turned on by all the firepower, and he said as much.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't turned on. Hot damn, this is better than that time I found a Mandalorian weapons cache."

Eddie pulled out a flask and took a swig, letting the alcohol course through his body, face alight with a dangerous sneer.

It was time to play the game.

[member="Casey Romarin"]

Vykter Orade

He beamed at their reactions, walking through the hatch and waving at all the fun. "Smiley, this is a Mandalorian weapons cache!" He pointed to his armor on one of the benches and banged on the bucket for emphasis. "You'll see an even bigger one when we arrive on Rhen Var. Yes, my friend is Mando as well." He walked across the compartment to where an autocannon stood on it's tripod and rested his arm on it as he looked at them. "From what she said the story goes like this. Girl meets tech, girl falls in love with tech, girl steals tech, tech's parents get unhappy and hire mercenaries like us to kill girl and get tech back, girl calls friend for help. She runs a band of about 60, mostly Mandalorian but with a few aruetii such as yourselves, and they're all top notch."

He ran a hand almost tenderly along the barrel of the cannon. "If she's calling in for support, especially someone who she obviously didn't mind believing she was dead, it's because there's going to be a real party. She's offered a considerable amount of cash to whoever I bring along, with a bonus if we can manage to hold the base. Sound like fun?"

[member="Edward Blake"] [member="Casey Romarin"]

Elvenchild319

Casey could feel the urge to transform into a wolf and killing the Comedian for kicks, but she let the rude comments slide for this time. Now when it came to fighting, Casca didn't give a kark about who she killed as long as she got what she was promised. She picked up one of the heavier looking blasters and examined it briefly before putting it back gently and looking at more of the amazing weapon cache.

"Well then, this sounds like my brand of vodka. When do we leave?"

Eddie looked around the room and grinned, laughing lightly with cigar in mouth. He didn't really care who he killed, as long as they weren't Rep.

"You got me, Orade. Hell, I'd do this for free, but, you know, I don't get paid too much, so, yeah. I'm with her! When do we go?"

He looked eager now, the evident bloodlust smeared on that sneer and cigar puffs.

The Comedian was ready for a stand-up performance.

[member="Casey Romarin"] [member="Vykter Orade"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom