Soldier with G-2 shoulder mounted
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A Personal heavy utility/weapon for Kaine Australis
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: MandalArms
- Model: G2
- Affiliation: Kaine Australis
- Modularity: No
- Production: Unique
- Material: Isotope-5, Durasteel, Dallorian Alloy, Agrinium, Ferrocarbon, Circuitry
- Classification: Tractor Beam Emitter
- Size: Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Ammunition Type: Power cell (Integrated)
- Ammunition Capacity: 10 uses at 100% power
- Reload Speed: Very Low
- Effective Range: Average
- Rate of Fire: Very Low
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: Average
- Integrated operating system allows for remote targeting and linkage with HUD
- Variable power settings, from the equivalent of a grasping hand to that of full power
- Can project two extremely powerful tractor beams
- Focused beams allow for two separate precisely targeted focuses
- Integrated targeting allows for hands free operation using HUD.
- Weapon must be mounted or held in both hands. Shoulder mount is ideal, but encumbers user.
- Weapon weight precludes anyone carrying more than one of these.
- Any blockage of the tractor emitters will impede projection of the beams
- Custom-made and expensive power cells make this weapon prohibitively expensive to maintain and arm.
- The custom power cells are the only way to power the weapon, any other portable sources would be inadequate to charge the capacitors.
- Reloading is difficult and time consuming, requiring some disassembly of the weapon, hence it cannot be reloaded on the battlefield, requiring some ten minutes even for an experienced user.
The G2 is MandalArms' answer to the desire for a command level soldier to have a portable and effective utility system capable of moving heavy objects, that can double as a dangerous weapons system capable of potentially affecting shielded or heavily armoured targets. Tractor beams have shown to be almost universally effective during R&D testing, and thus the prototypes were focused in this direction. Currrently the only model in existence is that of General Kaine Australis.
Integrated power and communications make the G2 usable on a shoulder mount, or carried in both hands. The weapon is contained in a sturdy durasteel shell, with liberal use of Dallorian alloy to assist in cooling the powerful capacitors, as well as Agrinium to shield the radiation produced, and Ferrocarbon to isolate the sensitive components.
G2 has its own custom designed power cells, utilizing the most advanced energy isotopes available. These cells aren't compatible with any other weapon, nor can G2 work with standard power units. Each one is handmade, and thus they are exceedingly rare and expensive. The system utilizes a powerful isotope-5 power generation system to allow for projection of two extremely powerful focused tractor beams, which when utilized in an offensive capacity is capable of tearing a target apart.