Star Wars RP

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship MandalArms FuryX-class Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coopers Cooler
Writer
babylon_5_black_omega_starfury_by_volkerheide-dbpp3zh.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A limited-run elite variant starfighter for the Mandalorians
  • Image Source: Link
  • Canon Link: None
  • Restricted Missions: None
  • Primary Source: Fury-Class
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: MandalArms
  • Model: XF-50
  • Affiliation: Mandalorian Empire (Personal command of Kaine Australis)
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Reflec, Duraplast, Hadrium, Circuitry, Dallorian Alloy
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 15 meters
  • Width: 20 meters
  • Height: 5 meters
  • Armament: High
    2x Chin-mounted Plasma Railguns
    1x Proton Torpedo Launchers (Magazine : 6)
  • Defenses: Very Low
    Basic armor plating
  • Squadron Count: Low : 8
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Navigation System
  • Targeting Computer
  • Life Support System
  • Astromech Droid Slot
  • Pilot grav couch
  • Tibanna-X Engines
  • Ejection system

• Low visibility reflec coating

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • MBE-1
  • Tibanna-X Vector-Thrust Array
  • Deployable atmospheric wings

• Sensor negators

• Gravitic modulator

• Photon absorber

• Thermal dissipator
Strengths:
  • MBE-1 Facilitates access to the MBE network of jam resistant comms and sensors
  • High maneuverability thanks to vectored thrusters and deployable atmosphere wings
  • Primary railgun armament is extremely effective even against shielded targets
Weaknesses:
  • Very thin hull armour and no shields
  • Cannot use standard comms and remain stealthy
Description: When it was originally laid down as a first-run fighter by MandalArms, the Fury class was a diversion from the more well known Mandalorian fighters in that it is rather lightly armed and defended, and is built around maneuverability, both in space and in atmosphere.

The Fury-class can fly rings around most anything else in the sky, with the advantage of deployable atmospheric wings, it retains its maneuverability in a planet's airspace. The Fury-class is designed to get out of the way of danger.

The X-class, or Stealth Fury, officially known as the FuryX, is a more powerful, less visible variant on the Fury-class. Maintaining the outstanding maneuverability that the class is now known for, the X class adds a reflec coating, stealth systems to mask her sensor signature, more powerful tibanna-x engine, and more advanced weaponry. Because of the expense of outfitting such an advanced craft, only 10 of these are scheduled for production, two prototypes for testing and development, and eight active-duty craft.

Ria Misrani

It's a New Day
Writer
I've reviewed your submission and as it stands there are a few issues before I send this over to my mentor. The first is the armament rating, this needs to be shown as Very High and that is if you're looking at maintaining all the weapons as is. If, you would like to maintain your Moderate rating you may either; cut down the guns by removing one of the plasma railguns and/or the torpedo launcher.

Which brings me to the second issue and that is, as it stands this submission is over on the ratings. Accept the Very High rating and bring down the submission by three ratings in other areas, or remove the aforementioned guns and take the Moderate rating for armament and bring another ratings of the submission down by one rating.

Lastly, because this starfighter has the railguns, that according to the Wookiee hits through shields and hull, I will ask that you include this on your strengths and add an additional weakness to balance out the submission.

[member="Kaine Australis"]

Coopers Cooler
Writer
[member="Ria Misrani"] No worries, edits made.

I felt High was fair for two railguns and a torp launcher with 6 ammo rather than very high.

I've removed the shields and also lowered the speed to compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.