Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making Monsters: The Right Materials

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Sweat beaded on the exposed skin of the big man as he sat chained and collared on the duracrete floor. The single light in the room hung low over the cell as the brute breathed the heavy breaths of sleep. It had been a second maybe less since the man had fallen into true sleep and that meant it was time for more pain. Odium face was illuminated in the darkness beyond the cell as electricity surged from a generator and into the chains on the man, a twisted smile on his face.

The man screamed and writhed with pain as the electricity traveled through his body. A second passed before the current stopped. Small wisps of smoke rose from beneath his bindings as he slumped moaning to the ground.

<<Call to her.>> Odium's voice rasped through his mind.

"Kark....you." The scar riddled warrior replied.

<<Should I bring you your son? Maybe all of them?>>

"Die..." The man groaned before another longer bolt of electricity began to wrack his body. Odium began adding to the pain with images of the man's time as a Sith Dark Lord. The man writhed and screamed before getting to his knees. He roared in pain hate and fury as he began to pull at the chains.

"MIIIIAAAAAAAAAA!" He cried as one chain gave way beneath his incredible strength. A moment later the torture stopped and the man rose to find it once again dark. He was alone and fighting the other chain when the room filled with gas. He fell once more to the ground asleep.

Wind tore across the valley beneath, trees bowing to its might. In the distance, dark clouds were rolling in, tumbling over each other in their haste to reach the mountain. It would be a battle between the Sky and Earth, and Mia rested, calm and patient, smack bang in the middle of the battlefield.

The rocky outcrop wasn't new to her dreams, just infrequent. When she came here she normally had company, but as yet it had to manifest itself. She blinked slowly, watching the grey army rolling forward. Reaching to brush a strand of hair back behind her ear, she caught a silhouette in her peripherals. Turning her head slightly Mia found herself staring at a whipid she knew all to well.

Velok would be silent. They always were. "Must be bad if you're with me." A distant clap of thunder brough a smile to her lips. "You didn't start his did you?" She quipped. Velok merely looked away turning his attention to the incoming force. She sighed and turned with him. The wind reached its peak, slamming into the pair. They bowed their heads together, anchoring themselves to the outcrop.

She could hear a voice on the wind, and tried her best to seperating it from the rumbles of thunder. Lightening flashed, bathing the pair in a brief white light. Darkness rolled in and another spear of lightening cut across the sky.

Velok was gone.

She blinked,

Another flash,

A nautolan stood in his place, a face she didn't know. Another flash and he was gone.

She could hear the voice in the wind, she'd recognise it anywhere in the galaxy. It howled in pain. "Ordo?" She breathed. Lightening cracked above, striking the mountain side and showering the ground with debris, she spun looking up at the fire that had started.

Ahead of her, bathed In white and orange light, Ordo knelt, her name screaming from his lips.

Mia was awake before her knees hit the floor, snatching the bolter from under her pillow as she fell she swung it to pint at the empty room. She stayed here for the count of three, slowing her breathing and trying to bring her heart rate back to normal. Eventually she lowered the weapon, her hand rubbing her face. She picked up the chronometer from the bedside table. 3am.

She could still hear him, an echo in the back of her mind crying for her.

It was far easier to say it was just a dream and ignore it, but Mia knew better than that. Tugging her clothes on she collected her weapons, strapping them in place as she stepped into the cool night air and heading for Ordo's home.

Just in case.

[member="Darth Odium"]

Darkness seemed to swirl about the nautolan like a cloak as he stood on the half moon balcony overlooking the ice flows of planet Zeta 0-9. He had set up his home here, far from the prying eyes of the weak galaxy. Here he had worked and rested while the rest of the galaxy fought for scraps of power. His petulant black eyes gazed unblinking at the dark clouded night sky as he felt the pain of those unfortunate enough to have become his slaves.

Screams echoed down the grimy corridors far below as slaves in various stages of experimentation suffered under his attentions but none more so than the Mandalorian. He was heavily drugged now and strapped to a table with tubes and monitors inserted into his scar riddled body. He would soon feel pain that even the sedative would not be enough to dull. From the man's mind he had found the secrets of beskar and from the man's armor he had found the materials for the test. What pain could be greater than having ones bones replaced with molten mandalorian iron? Well, he'd find out after if the beast survived. However, he had to make sure it was felt across the galaxy first. He had to ensure his future monster would take the bait. She was already so close to perfection. She just needed the right application of stimuli.

He moved to the center of the symbols he had painted on the balcony as the icy winds tore at his clothes. He lowered himself to the floor and crossed his legs before reaching deep through the force and into the realm known as "Beyond Shadows". He was darkness given form here, his time in the gaps between life and death had made him powerful but even with his knowledge of this realm he had to be wary that it did not consume him.

Mya Munro, his apprentice would be starting the procedure very soon and he had to be ready to channel the imprints to his subject. He took a step in the grey wasteland of beyond shadows and the galaxy swirled passed with dizzying speed until he looked upon an anchor point where the material world and his current world connected. She was close now, close enough to taste in the force. There beyond the thin veil of reality he began to send her glimpses of his own mind and the memories of what he witnessed her beloved brother do when possesed by the dark lord of the sith. What he did to sweet Rosa. What he did to Jedi and Sith alike. What he did to Mandalorians. Then what Odium would soon do to the man himself. It was his delight to pick at old wounds and he didn't hide it from her mind. He laughed at her as he retreated back to his body and made sure to leave enough of his presence in the force to be felt for some time. He had her brother, her clone, and his clones. All he needed was for her to feel it. So the pain in the Mandalorian brute began.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

The cool night air caressed Mia's face, her forehead creased with a deep frown as she chewed the inside of her cheek, lost in the images of her dream.mShe and Ordo hadn't spoken for a long time, each equally at fault having hidden themselves away from very one for a time. The crusade had been mobilised so quickly under Ra Vizla's rule that she had suddenly lost all track of her time. It seemed that her clan only saw her now when they were on the battlefield.

Once upon a time, this might have frustrated her, but it was the way of the galaxy, sometimes time ran away from you. Her mission was to better her people's chances at getting through the crusade, to help Mand'alor raise them from the dirt they'd chosen to squander in and lead them to glory. For the word 'mandalorian' to be uttered with respect and fear. So lost in her thoughts, she suddenly found herself on Ordo's doorstep.

The door swung gently in the wind, cracking ominously and Mia felt her heart n her throat. She swallowed, "Ordo?" She called out, reaching over her shoulder and tugging the Vornskr scattergun free of its holster. She placed her boot on the first step. There was darkness here, she could feel it reching out to her. "Ori'vod?" Her voice had lowered to a whisper as she advanced the second step, a fear unlike any other squeezing about her heart. Her boots echoed loudly on the wooden terrace as she pushed open the door.

There was a flash of feathers, a squeaking protest as a crow shot out from within. Mia caught herself before she screamed in fright. "Kark me." She growled. "Ordo I swear, if you are fething with me I'm going to kill you myself." She pushed open the door to find carnage within. Glass crunched under foot, she reached to flick on the light.

Debris littered the floor, most of the furniture had been overturned. The couch had exploded in some places it seemed, showering the area with white stuffing. Whatever had happened, Ordo had not gone without a fight, that much was clear. She reached for the comlink at her belt. "Commander."

It took a moment before there was a sleepy response from the commander of Keldabe's spaceport. "Katlayadr? What can I do for you at this ridiculous hour."

"You can ready the Veil for me, I need to be out of her in the next half hour."

There was a long pause as Mia moved round the room, crouching to pick up a small holoprojecter. She activated it, finding herself looking at a picture of her old face and her brother together. "Can I ask as to why?"

"No, just get it done."

"Yes ma'am."

A sickening sense of dread settle on her stomach as she recalled the nautolan's face. As if she'd stepped on a trigger, the world around her seemed to dissolve as she tipped forward onto her hands and knees. Her mind flooded with images, her brother upon a throne, eyes glittering red with the presence of the Dark Lord within him. A woman, Mia recognised after a heartbeat as Seydon's wife, the hanus act performed making her want to scream. Thousands of dead spread across a blackened field, Ordo standing in the middle of it, a manic smile on his face as he cleaved through the next Jedi to launch at him. Anija, tears streaming down her face as she tried to reason with him, only to have her hand forced to shoot at her own father.

With each passing image, her fury rose, mingled with despair. Why was she seeing this again? Why did she have to witness what her brother had done in the possession of the Datk Lord. That was a past neither of them wanted to looked back upon. He was elevated upon a throne, her own voice screaming at him through the comms befor Mierin killed her. Then it was gone, and he lay upon a slab, wits protruding from his skin in hundreds of place.

"Ordo." She choked in a sob. She turned in the dream as laughter echoed in her ears, delight at the carnage caused, at the suffering created. The nautolan was shrouded in darkness.

Then it was over. She was on her hands and knees on the floor of Ordo's living room, rage burning in her chest as tears rolled down her cheeks. She sucked in a deep breath, forcing herself to her feet, she swept from the room, wiping her face as she went.

"Hold tight, Ordo, I'm coming."

The commander met her in the landing bay. "She's prepped and ready to go..." He paused. "Katlayadr...is everything ok?"

Mia did not answer, looping round the ship herself. "I need you to do one...two more things for me. First, get a message to [member="Anija Betna"]. Tell her her fathers been taken and I'm certain Sith are involved, she is not to come after me. Tell her she is to prepare for our return and if she sets foot of this planet, I'll break both her legs when I catch her."

"...right..?"

"Second, track down [member="Rel Connory"]. Tell him I've gone hunting and ask him to contact the Veil with all information he has on the inside circle of the One Sith. A nautolan, in particular."

"No threat to break his legs?" Mia snorted in response.

"No commander, Rel isn't stupid enough to get in my way."

She finished her loop, climbing the landing ramp, she paused at the top and glanced back. Reaching around her neck, she pulled a talisman of finding from it, linked to her and tossed it down to the commander. "Give that to Rel. Ret'lini. He'll need a witch to use it."

"Good hunting, Katlayadr."

She nodded and closed the ramp as the waves of pain began to batter her, his screams echoing in her ears.

"I'm coming Ordo." She whispered, running for the cockpit and bring the ship into the air. "Hold on, I'm coming."

[member="Darth Odium"]

[member="Mia Monroe"]

The bait was placed, the hook set, and another monster was on the brink of creation. Odium moved through the grimy corridors down toward the "subject" and decided to check and see if he had indeed survived the prodecure. If so, it would be a great step forward for his future endeavors. If not, there would be one less Mando in the galaxy...no big loss.

Odium stepped down the long staircase and stopped in the corridor outside the operation room. He folded his arms over across his chest and spoke to his assistant's mind.

'Did it survive?' He rasped into her thoughts.

"Yes...somehow." She replied, "Though he is recovering far slower than projected."

'Alchemy will help the process. Prep him with the serum. We don't want him suddenly touching the force and disrupting the process.' He responded as he moved to the next room to begin.

An Ordo Clone was brought into the room as Odium channeled the force into the now extremely heavy brutish man and watched as Mya slit the clones throat spilling the blood across the inert original.

More pain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom