Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making lightsaber and what is allowed.

I have been doing some light research on the site and see there are banned and restricted things, but I don't see lightsaber crystals being mentioned. I was wondering if there was a list I was missing.

I am wanting to make an unstable blue black core crossroads lightsaber. Of that gives anyone ideas. Maybe a gold core if that is possible.

[member="Jacen Clanstrider"]

Colors aren't restricted by any means, but except for very rare circumstances the crystal doesn't give the blade any special qualities, as 99% of crystals modifying a blade are game-tech.

Silver Fall

S
[member="Jacen Clanstrider"] [member="Flint Michigan"]

There was a discussion a year or two back I remember about removing the bonus effects from lightsaber crystals. Whether or not this was anything official, many people have adhered to the idea. Which I thought and still do is a good thing.

As for your crystal and color. On the site here we still follow Legends regarding the matter. There's tons of different crystals, stones and other materials you can use in a blade. A little searching on Wookipedia should yield the old Legends material about it. From that you can find a crystal with or close to the color you want.

In Cannon, all Lightsabers so far use Kyber Crystals exclusively. They're colorless until a Jedi or Sith, ect; attune with it. It then gets it's color. You can chose whatever color you want to reflect your character to. Even with two hues.

Both Cannon and Legends apply. Cause this place has been around for years before the new Cannon came to be. Just do what you wanna do Jacen.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
there is an official guide the factory made for what effects are accepted and which aren't "solari crystals for instance making a blade only usable by lightsiders is accepted while a jeneurax disrupting droids is not ect ect." Or lava crystals that make a blade drip lava, acid crystals.

Though when it comes to sabers themselves, if you make it without special features it generally passes quickly. With dev you can get some more things like circuits that aren't effected by cortosis, waterproof ccasing, increased power cells for better cutting and more time, special casing.

[member="Jacen Clanstrider"],

Lightsabers can be made for many different reasons.

Some people make them to aid in the use of various Lightsaber Forms *I can link you to them if you would like*, for sentimental reasons, or because they need to be specially made to be specifically built for them as a creature with a size difference, or to act in a different way. This link here will provide you all the information about all known crystals in Canon, or created on the site. Many of the effects that can be used are allowed, while others, like the mentioned lava dripping crystal, are frowned upon.

A lot of the crystals that have game mechanics, like the Life Drain Crystal, which are looked very poorly on, and most of the time will not pass through the factory as per a unwritten "Fairness" among people who can use lightsabers.

For a reference, I created my own lightsaber that has a lot of special functions such as Dual-phase, Force ignition, Pressure grips, and even a special blade type that matches the infamous Darksaber. In the sub that I linked for you, there are many links to the Wiki lightsaber sub, and much more.

If you have any more questions, my PM box is always open, or you can ask here.

Cheers! :D

Anaki Sann said:
what i read effects are ok as long as it isnt a + strength type thing. flame / electrecal effects are fine.
my saber gives off an aura of dread from its crystal.

Located in the Factory Information forum we have a New Non-Essential Guide to Lightsaber Crystals (NNEGLC) which covers all canonical lightsaber crystals from Legends canon and "new" Disney canon. What work you put in for these effects are what you get out, and certain things (a lightsaber freezing people) is likely going to get looked at with more scrutiny than a lightsaber that causes the things it cuts through to eventually combust more quickly than a standard blade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom