Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Restricted Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

So, I know they are not allowed on principle. But, I wonder, if say, a hundred posts was made specifically toward an item that pertained to the material, (ie a sword) in the manner of gathering, crafting, etcetera, plus some added for combining the material with other minerals so as to spread the amount, could it be done?

Maybe state it is a limited time Major Item in the sub.

TL;DR
Can a butt load of effort be put into a restricted material item being made to major?

Valashu Elahad said:
So, I know they are not allowed on principle. But, I wonder, if say, a hundred posts was made specifically toward an item that pertained to the material, (ie a sword) in the manner of gathering, crafting, etcetera, plus some added for combining the material with other minerals so as to spread the amount, could it be done?

Maybe state it is a limited time Major Item in the sub.

TL;DR
Can a butt load of effort be put into a restricted material item being made to major?
No. The statement in the restricted materials list was made specifically to prohibit mass production of restricted materials.

Matreya

Ah. I was wondering as there would even be IC explanations: such as Val'hala basically falling under Matreya's jurisdiction now, and thus could harvest the Phrik all he wants. Anyway, I guess rules are in place to limit creative freedom do.... something.

[member="Valashu Elahad"]

Limiting creative freedom ?

If by creative freedom you mean absolutely obliterating any sort of balance on chaos then yeah, you're absolutely right.

Additionally, restricted materials are supposed to be rarer materials either ways, a lot of the planets that have been put as locations for doing development threads actually canon-wise have depleted mines. Seeing armies upon armies wearing phrik armors and wielding cortosis blades with beskar crushgaunts is a bit too much, don't you think ?

With the rules being on invasions what they are now (thankfully) I don't think it'd help invasion posts, probably the opposite.

For non invasions, private rps etc
Creatively, you probably already know, but you can dev some really nice gear if you know a bit about irl armor design, then topping that off with all the bells and whistles the wookieepedia has to offer. The strength of some of the compounds on there is already insane, then you've got custom alloys, etc. So you can with a lot of work do nice gear major as is. You do need a good armorsmith however, I hear green ones are the best [member="Sere Reene"] (But she is a bit busy at present!) :D Bet plenty of companies would take the order for you!

Matreya

[member="Zef Halo"]
Val'hala, for reference, was only opened to the spacial populace a decade ago. They have managed to stay hidden for eons prior. All of the Phrik the populace could want would have long ago been dug up. So for the time being, there is likely enough for several dozens of items to be mass produced.

As well, in what way would it be knocking the balance? Hell a way around this is to make 6 exactly similar subs using the same raw materials, and you would technically have a mass produced item. Plus I never said I would sell such items. But having the authority to do such, if wished to, is quite the feeling.

Hell I already have powerful gear that makes me feel champ, just adding more would be icing on the cake.

But again I digress, how would any one submission topple the Chaos Balance?

[member="Kei Amadis"]
I'm confused by what ya mean about all that. I don't plan for invasions to help the cause, as well as the custom alloys was a path I was going to go with this idea as is, when it comes to armorsmith, I have Fos Misao.

He knows all rare mineral crafting skills, minor crystallurgy, Force Imbuement, Runes, Alchemy, etcetera. His least used restricted material is ultrachrome, the rest he has dabbled in numerous times.

Fos is a coowner to Merr-Sonn, and would help if asked, as well, he has taught a hundred students that each work for my company. As is, each is hardly more than an acolyte, but in groups, their knowledge is a mediocre knight, or Master.

Basically this question was about whether I could take the planet I made, and use the minerals on it that were approved for said planet, in the fashion I saw fit.

The planet is the Codex Team's business but as far as I recall, planets with restricted materials usually have very limited resources of it.

What way would it be knocking the balance?

Zef Halo said:
Seeing armies upon armies wearing phrik armors and wielding cortosis blades with beskar crushgaunts is a bit too much, don't you think ?
Moreover...

Valashu Elahad said:
Hell a way around this is to make 6 exactly similar subs using the same raw materials, and you would technically have a mass produced item.

I don't encourage you looking for loopholes. As that in itself is trying to trip the balance. Also, trying to do that would probably get 5 of these subs denied and you won't end up having a mass produced item. We still don't have whole armies armed to the teeth with restricted material, which as I said are supposed to be extremely rare, and I assume that we want to keep it that way.

Anyways, this is becoming a bit off-topic. Your question has been answered already here by Braith and also in Rule I of the Restricted Material Rules here.

Plain and simple, follow the rules. They're there for a reason and continuing to try and find a way or press the matter on mass production isn't going to go anywhere. I don't like being so blunt about it, but despite your custom planet having all this phrik doesn't grant you a free pass and the "ability" to mass produce the items.

Valashu Elahad said:
But again I digress, how would any one submission topple the Chaos Balance?
Because people like to have what other people have, if the Factory allows one, then someone is going to see that and cry going "why can't I have it too?!?!?" Thus now Factory staff would have to allow it. We've fallen into this horrible cycle before and I'm rather determined on making sure it never happens again.

Matreya

[member="Zef Halo"]
Zef Halo said:
Seeing armies upon armies wearing phrik armors and wielding cortosis blades with beskar crushgaunts is a bit too much, don't you think ?
Valashu Elahad said:
Never said I would sell such items.
In the long run however, despite my having acquiesced, you came forward to jump the gun in a passive aggressive manner, I felt anyway. So I replied.

Last comment to be said about that portion however is such, Factory is optional. Period. Unless your reported, your fine. As is I could simply renew my old Jensaarai army, and have a whole army, mediocre it may be, clad in cortosis. Its not unheard of. Hell that idea was ripped from an old post on this very site. (Not my own)

[member="Spencer Varanin"]
Hey, don't feel bad about being blunt. Hell your bluntness in the long run has made the site more enjoyable for me in the long run, so you say what you need to, how it needs to be said.

With that though, I would like to note that I had finished my end, before the other guy came in, as I said, in what I felt was a passive aggressive stance. Hence my replies, and attempts to get around his point. It was not my pressing, nor finding loopholes to exploit. I simply felt jumped on, so I pushed back.

Any whoo, so that Zef does not get my goat again, please lock this... I was gonna call ya the name that makes you hate me but I didn't ^_^ see? I nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom