Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Titles?

So, seeing how we're about to go major any day now, should we have faction titles and/or rank titles to go along with it? I was at first thinking it to be against our faction "rules" or code that we have a rank system, but then I thought of how kewl it would be. >:3

I dunno, you (@Jaxton) and others have probably already thought of everything by now, so maybe this thread is redundant, but if not, this thread could serve as a suggestion box for all members. I also volunteer to make the titles, unless someone else would rather make them. :)

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
It doesn't really to me if you guys wear tags or not. It's free space, and we're more protectors than rulers or conquerors. It's y'all's choice on whether or not you wear a tag. That being said @[member="Boolon Murr"] spent some time and put up a ton of tags for us.

tumblr_n2az8rygD21rnpi4to1_250.png
tumblr_n2az8rygD21rnpi4to2_250.png
tumblr_n2az8rygD21rnpi4to3_250.png
tumblr_n2az8rygD21rnpi4to4_250.png
tumblr_n2az8rygD21rnpi4to6_250.png
tumblr_n2az8rygD21rnpi4to7_250.png
tumblr_n2az8rygD21rnpi4to8_250.png

Out of those seven Tef'll choose one, and y'all can make more if y'all like, but I like all of those personally. The blue one especially, though I know @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] is partial to #7. I'll put one on when we get one, and I'd encourage y'all to join me, but again, y'all's choice. We wouldn 't be very 'Free Space'-ey if we were required you to wear tags would it?

Jaxton Ravos

Word through the grapevine is Tef's not accepting Force User ranks anyways, but I'm not a fan of unique force user rank personally. Rogue titles as well as the simple 'Apprentice-Knight-Master' fit most us pretty well, and I don't foresee us blanketing Force Users under one creed(although it is of course a group decision). NFU ranks are simply other bars taking up the other space.

Now, IC, I'm not sure how we'll approach ranks. To me there are the protecters, former members of the Silent Conclave and those who will join in the future, and citizens, members who call our worlds home and are the people we protect. Individual ranking between those two parties are undetermined as of yet, but I'd recommend we proceed without a 'hierarchy', at least among the 'guardian' branch. Don't want to become rigid and ruling. The 'citizen' ranks would be determined on a planet to planet basis, depending on how each world is governed.

Why not use less forceful titles? The duties of the Sanctum focus on peacekeeping, delivering aid and providing healing, so why not move away from rank based on Apprentice/Knight/Master, or focusing on protector/guardian etc, and simply go with something simpler, such as:

- Sanctum Noviate
- Sanctum Guide
- Sanctum Elder

I think we're onto something here with @[member="Teynara Jeralyr"]'s suggestion, if it hasn't been hit on the head already. Perhaps a set of roles, keyed to whatever the member's chosen specialty is?

Jaxton Ravos

I like where Teynara and Seroth are going. Going away from 'master' especially should help show we're not about entitlement based on ranks. I'm not sure how if I have any suggestions other then the Noviate-Guide-Elder tree Teynara spoke of(Guardian-Paladin-Shield maybe? I don't know. Not good at the names thing, and I like Teynara's suggestion), nor do I really know how to make tags, but I'll see about trying something this weekend unless y'all want to go at it. Guy would also probably be happy to whip up some tags if asked.

Alright, just to kickstart this off again, so far, this is what I've tried to come up with.

~Sanctum Rowgun - Ranger type?

~Sanctum Paladin - Speaks for itself, really. Although, we'll have to specify that it's a Non-FU Rank.

~Sanctum Skyliner - Could be a byword for patrol fleeters? Pilots? Explorers? Because Jaxton doesn't like 'Corsair'. >,>

~Sanctum Physician - Healers and the like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom