Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Status: Bluehawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serana Onyx

The Shadow's Sister
But that crew consists of two hundred npcs. We already own two worlds and are starting construction of a fleet.

Us being small is going to be our greatest asset, as crazy as that sounds.

Serana Onyx

The Shadow's Sister
We are waiting on Tef to add the planets in (we created the two planets soley for the faction). Once they are up I will link the thread here.

Serana Onyx

The Shadow's Sister
Well you have to take into account that the two worlds are small and, due to collapsing governments, could easily be taken. Trust me, when you see the Dominion of the planets, you will see just how easy it is.

Menoetius

Anzat's How it's Done
So... We're applying for major faction status and we haven't done the required dominions yet?

And we only have two hundred people on our ship?

Yeah, this isn't gonna work, lol.

Ironwolf

Et in Arcadia Ego
Heh, major factions become fair game for other major factions. keep that in mind Bluehawks.

Not to mention you now have piqued my curiosity too.

*waits for public bluehawk thread*

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Tyrin Ardik said:
Uh, you need to do a dominion thread before you get to own a single world, much less two.
If a faction reached Major Faction status, they automatically get a single world on the map, of their choice, plus an influence cloud that includes two others. That's their starting territory. From then on, to expand, they need to do Dominions, but they don't have to do Dominions for their starting worlds.

A little merc group taking over some little backwater worlds...fascinating. Carry on.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Serana Williams said:
Well you have to take into account that the two worlds are small and, due to collapsing governments, could easily be taken. Trust me, when you see the Dominion of the planets, you will see just how easy it is.
Dominions are easy if you can get five people to sit there and do them for a little while, but just because you can pump out 100 posts doesn't mean your organization could logically take over a planet with 200 people. When you take over a planet you don't just conquer/negotiate with them and say "Hey, you're part of us now", you actually have to have people you trust stay there and manage things while you're gone. Add to that even the most sparsely populated planets are likely to have 10K+, if not 100K plus people, then logistically it becomes very difficult.

I mean, you can do what you want, you're not breaking any rules or anything, but before you go off and get Major Faction Status ask how does being on the map really benefit you? If you go out and conquer worlds than you'd have to have a good bit of growth in development and resources, and you wouldn't really be a privateer organization anymore, you'd start becoming a government. I just really don't see how that theme fits to what I perceived as the purpose of the Bluehawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom