Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Application: The Dominion

613-banner-1489036128.png

OOC Heirarchy

• FO: Owazza
  • FA: [member="Veiere Arenais"]
  • FA: [member="Zaz Tal'Verda"]
IC Heirarchy

The Dominion itself is headed by the Archlord, whom serves as their general leader. This title is expected to be handed down a hereditary line, though any Archlord can be ousted by an agreeing vote of the senate.

The senate is made up of representatives from every world within the Dominion, and generally meet to deal with issues that will affect the entirety of the realm. These meetings are rare, as most worlds govern themselves however they see fit. So long as the population is content with the way they are ruled, a tithe is paid for military protection, and the world does not violate sentient rights laws, then theoretically any government could be formed within the Dominion.

Decisions made by the senate cannot be overturned by the Archlord, save for in times of war. Even then, doing so requires great reason and an excessive threat, as the democratic process is important in keeping the peace.

Requested Planets
  • Ession (Capital)
  • Lorrd
  • Eol Sha

Interested Members: [member="Alyson Halle"], @Arken Lusk, [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Bartic Myth'rand"], [member="Atlas Velarian"], [member="Drox Fuga"], [member="Grace Darkson"], [member="Rainer Altman"], [member="Tarion Daemora"], [member="Tarok"], [member="Tiberius Varro"], others...

Description

The war between the One Sith and the Galactic Republic was incredibly taxing upon the galaxy. Millions perished in a bloody war that many would call pointless. Worlds were left utterly destroyed, and the lives of billions were permanently effected. Eventually, both governments fell, along with other great powers such as the Mandalorians Clans and a number of other rump states across the stars.

From these ashes emerged the Dominion, a conglomeration of refugees brought together under the singular leadership of the late Mephirium. Elements from across the galaxy soon joined the Dominion's cause: the pursuit of peace, tolerance, and understanding in a world that thrives off of intolerance and bigotry.

The Dominion began as a loose military alliance between former enemies, but it evolved into something greater during the infamous battle of Atrisia. There, the Dominion's leadership faced off against a force of almost every major power in the galaxy that was spearheaded by the Galactic Alliance. Their intention was to overthrow the democratically elected ruler of the Atrisian peoples, and the Dominion was not going to abandon their allies to such a fate. Millions of souls perished on both sides perished that world, the Dominion's primary leadership being among them.

The Dominion lost much of its military capacity on that day, along with a significant loss of life. The survivors fled Atrisia in the wake of the battle alongside scores of Atrisian refugees, stopping only at their allied world of Commenor to lick their wounds before making their way to the world of Ession, the home of their former leader.

It was there that the Dominion was reforged. A holo of Mephirium named the errant Jedi Knight Veiere Arenais his successor, and it was under this man's coming rule that Ession prospered. Refugees became citizens. Former enemies became brothers. Soldiers that had been trying to slaughter one another a decade ago now stood side by side wearing the Dominion eagle upon their breasts.

Led by their newly named Archlord, the Dominion stands as a beacon of tolerance in a galaxy of hate. Elements from across the galaxy have come together to forge the Dominion, and few have found themselves turned away. Jedi, Sith, Mandalorian, Hapan, anything - so long as all follow the laws of the Dominion they are granted citizenship.

The Dominion now seeks to expand its influence to provide for the millions of refugees under its umbrella. It is united against the the world, more or less, and will do whatever it deems necessary to carve a place for itself in a cold and unforgiving galaxy.

The Pitch

The Dominion has built up a wealth of great lore following the battle of Atrisia. It is a government made up of refugees and misfits seeking to create their own place in a galaxy that would rather have them dead. This angle alone has already allowed for some excellent roleplay, but we also represent the qualities of tolerance and understanding within on the galactic scale. Most other factions take a hardline approach toward one side or the other. That, or they are so neutral that FUs are relegated to a rogue's gallery rather than given a central plot.

By opening itself toward all religions, the Dominion opens itself to opposing groups. We want to see the dynamic between rogue Sith and Jedi Knights working together in an attempt to create a place for themselves. We wish to provide an area for those characters that are not as zealous as their counterparts, but also wish to keep their teeth a place. We are designed to create friction within the faction in order to create dynamic stories of conflict that go beyond invasions and dominions.

At the same time, our tone is one of a people scorned. We draw certain influences from the Eternal Alliance of SWTOR, the Horde of WoW, and other alliances of the downtrodden in various forms of media. The Dominion is made up of people that are tired of the ideological quagmires: the wars fought on the thin pretense that the other side does not believe in the same things they do, the constant conflict of Jedi vs. Sith, and the general focus on a narrative that focuses solely on black and white conflicts.

The Dominion is meant to feel very gray and very real in a setting that has become fantastical and self-replicating.

TLDR

- Tolerance and diversity. Jedi and Sith work together. American mentality on sentient rights.
- Militarized. Dislikes most other major factions. Nation of former refugees and displaced core worlders.
- Highly patriotic. Former lines of ideology and dogma have faded away in light of the massacres of Atrisia and the raids that followed it.
- Faction looks to provide a background for character of vastly different beliefs and values must interact with one another beyond trying to just kill each other.
- The enemy of my enemy is my best friend and we live together.

Past Roleplay Threads

Thuggery Afoot: The Dominion sends a task force to deal with a group of raiders threatening their shipping lanes over Lorrd.

Kingmakers - Jedi Knight Veiere Arenais is named Archlord of the the Dominion, and King Regent of Ession.

Reasons - Jedi Knight Darius Sedaire brings Arken Lussk, son of the infamous Darth Arcis, under his wing in hopes of expanding the Jedi presence within the Dominion.

The Force, A Legacy Within - The force ghost of Mephirium speaks to Veiere Arenais, informing the errant Jedi Knight of his duties and the position given to him upon Mephirium's voluntary exit from the physical plane.

Heir To The Empire - Mephirium's top admirals have their loyalties tested by the infamous Lord Zing.

Insert Pretentious Title Here - Mephirium takes on two apprentices with the hopes of creating leaders for the Dominion in the future.

Politics As Usual - Admiral Jagger Fuga swears both himself and the Phoenix Legions to the Archlord of the Dominion.

Ave Imperator - Mephirium's closest allies are called together so that they may discuss the future of the Dominion.

Darkness Embodied - Mephirium's favored apprentice is given a lesson on vision, and promised a position of leadership within the fledgling Dominion should he rise to the task.

The Full Reach of Law - The Dominion finds itself sandwiched between the Galactic Alliance and the Atrisian Government. The task force decides to remain and defend Atrisia from its aggressors as best it can. The majority of the Dominion's leadership is lost in this battle.

I am very interested in this faction. I like the general concept.

One thing I can't quite get straight in my mind, though:

"the Dominion's cause: the pursuit of peace, tolerance, and understanding in a world that thrives off of intolerance and bigotry."

"Led by their newly named Archlord, the Dominion stands as a beacon of tolerance in a galaxy of hate."

"we also represent the qualities of tolerance and understanding within on the galactic scale."

"By opening itself toward all religions, the Dominion opens itself to opposing groups. "

All good so far. Now I reach this bit:

"- Militarized. Dislikes most other major factions. "

I can't understand what you mean here. Could just be me being dense. ;)

How can a faction be all about peace, tolerance and understanding towards all... And at the same time be militarized and in opposition to most other major factions?
As I say, it could just be a matter of me misreading things.

Thank you for any replies in advance. :)

(By the way, I am thinking of joining, I'm not just criticising or questioning for no reason.)

[member="Sivaprasad"]

A very fair question actually! Well done for picking up on this one, I imagine it might sound rather contradictory of itself. Perhaps the better word would be "Distrusts" other factions and by factions the Dominion struggles with the Governments surrounding it. After the events of Atrisia, many of us saw how easily a government could turn on a world simply because it didn't agree with those that were getting involved in its politics (All well and good from an OOC perspective, the thread was huge). The amount of lives lost however have led the Dominion to be rather cautious where others are concerned. The leadership has been built up of people who understand that much of the galaxy has been taken up in war. This is Chaos after all and the IC history, the amount of conflict that spreads through RP's and the good ol' map game has obviously had an affect on character perspectives. This is at the least, my standing from Veiere's personal perspective.

As a Character made solely for the Jedi styled role-play, over the many threads I've shared he's become quite the cynic when viewing the current status of Jedi within the Galaxy. This is not to be considered a slight on any other faction OOC of course, I can't stress that enough, but rather the characters differing views within the role-play. For example, he supports the Silver Jedi Order, while disagreeing with the Jedi that were involved in the battle for Atrisia. That kind of animosity has left him uneasy about returning to any Jedi organization and following his history with Commenor that has taken much of his focus away from the northern territories until now, he's found it difficult to adapt to anything else.

What started out to be Veiere trying to keep his word to his brother fallen in battle soon found himself being named a regent of Ession, yet the Character's still very grounded. The Dominion is largely seeking to secure it's territory, strengthening it's military power in order to keep it's allies safe from any threat that let's be honest, is inevitably going to come our way. Looking beyond Veiere and at the faction as a whole, the society of Ession and the refugees from Atrisia are still very sour over the past war and while we hope to take up diplomacy with others, there's no doubt going to be challenges when dealing with the others.

Which let's face it, is half of the fun of going Major.

TL;DR: The Dominion is protecting it's own while preparing to have to go to war with those that threaten it's return.

Ah, I see. Even more interested now than before. :)

After giving it more thought, I had wondered if what you meant was, basically:

- Militarized to the extent of being capable of defending ourselves, but opposed to the invade-and-conquer tactics favoured by other major factions.

(P.s. I have a diplomat that I want to bring over from another site. I am very fond of him. Can I pm you his details and maybe work on how he could fit in?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom