Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Administrators / SWRP Chaos Staff Team

MAJOR FACTIONS

• Major Factions must have maintained activity for 30 days as a Minor Faction before being eligible for Major status.
  • Major Factions must maintain 7 or more unique, individual, active characters to remain active. Each character must be written by a different person.
  • Minor Factions who meets the minimum requirements to become a Major Faction may begin choosing their first planet, which will also be their Capital Planet. This planet will then be listed on the Galaxy Map, as well as your Faction Influence Cloud.
  • Major Faction Owners/Admins are responsible for contacting the SWRP Staff Team's Administrators and alerting them of waning activity, gained or lost planets, SWRP Rule Violations within their Factions, etc.
  • When a Major Faction Owner steps down, a public, faction-wide election must take place on the SWRP forums to choose a new Major Faction Owner.
  • Major Faction Administrators may not apply for or be a member of the Star Wars RP: Chaos Staff Team.
  • [SIZE=18.18181800842285px]Only a Major Faction has the resources necessary to role-play having a large fleet, army, etc.[/SIZE]
  • See: Warring Factions to learn what else you can do with an Major Faction.

I am again removing this rule. I do not believe we need it. Obviously, I have been on the fence about this, but after gauging the community's reaction, I think my mind is set.

If anyone has had reason to say "You're killing my creativity, Tef" - it's Staff - and this rule is at the forefront of why. Staff members are role-players too, and are usually the first to abide by the rules.

Please make sure that you continue to uphold by all rules of the board, the Uniform Code of Staff Conduct, and continue to serve as an example to the rest of the community, Staff Team.

As always, members, if you believe a Staff member is abusing their position and power - you are to report them immediately.

Even if it's me. ;)

Maybe have certain restrictions as to what kind of staff you can be? Do you REALLY want someone who's 100% biased to a certain faction to be an RPJ, for example? Maybe have it so faction admins that are also Factory Judges cannot approve tech for their own faction, another example.

While the hope is that those on Staff are/would be capable of being unbiased, or setting it aside, I think such precautions are not unreasonable. At any rate, from my understanding, most FJs try not to be the ones to handle tech for their own faction, anyway. I could be wrong, but it's what I've gleaned from paying attention.

There's no reason to start worrying about staff getting "ruined" or becoming "biased", and let me go into why.
  • First off, staff is already biased. Everyone has their bias. To try and claim otherwise is a farce. So this is a moot concern. Besides, staff are trusted to look out for the community, not one faction.
  • Second, this rule change comes at a time when there are no open spots on staff, so it's not about to heavily change the staff balance.
  • On to the big point; staff members are chosen based on their temperament, their experience, and how they contribute to the community as a whole. Tef is not going to pick someone to be on staff that's only out for themselves and their faction. And if they turn out to be like that after getting put on the team, they'll get put off just as fast.
There is no reason to start crying the sky is falling. Nothing is going to be changing overnight from this decision. Relax.

I also have to point out that there was a time when the Sith had two or three admins, and as many RPJs, and things went on just fine. There have been several times in the past when one faction was heavily represented and things weren't falling apart.

The rule got implemented not because of fairness, or balance, or because we're super professional. It wasn't put in place because of bias, or because a Staff member was abusing their power. They know the consequences for doing so. It's stipulated in a private, separate ruleset for the Staff members.

This rule is basically the result of disciplinary action towards a group of Staff members who are no longer on the Staff team. The reason is because they were not getting along, and it continued to bleed into our daily operations as Staff until I no longer had the patience for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom