Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mainstream Music or Something

After having some time to think, I strongly believe that the way we're going to rejuvenate this faction is by reminding people why they joined the One Sith in the first place.

We have lots of new members, but they're not going to go anywhere unless the veterans start pushing the story forward. By now everyone is pretty much settled where they want to be, and it's hard to tell--as a new member--what's available or what can be achieved. Frankly the more powerful people are, the more their momentum begins to stall.

Dark Lord or no Dark Lord, if we want to give people a reason to drive for power again on their characters, we'll need to give them something new to reach for. Whether that's a Dark Council or the two councils, I don't really care. I just know this is the way to do it. But we also need to give people a reason to want it.

I honestly believe everyone in the faction needs to be forced two steps back. Not saying anyone's getting demoted, but we need feel like we've lost something and have to gain it back. We need people to be interested in having their Sith become more powerful than they were before, but that won't happen unless they lose power.

I believe this all starts in the invasion. Although if we want this invasion to boost interest in our faction, we need to focus on nothing else but our storytelling. Winning is not a priority. I don't want any of us trying to force wins or manipulate objectives, because frankly I'm a bit cynical and I believe that a decent portion of the Galactic Alliance is going to attempt exactly that.

So why not prove to them that we're here to write; that we're here because we joined a roleplaying board. I want us to pour our imaginations and muses into this invasion so that we can come away with the best karking story ever witnessed in an invasion. I want us to encourage our members to write cooperative, and slap down anyone whose goal is to win an invasion.

Not sure if anyone else is on the same page, but I firmly believe that is how we're going to make the One Sith into a premiere roleplaying environment where the number one priority is and always will be to roleplay for enjoyment's sake.

I do agree. The voices and hands were meant to be IC leadership and it's seemed for the last 3 months that they have not been really concerned with advancing the story of the overall faction. Contruum and Balmorra were momentum killers for plot and the drama burned everyone out on the OS. So things have stagnated. It seems that the focus of the faction has been largely focused on winning wars and external goals.

We need to let go of the map game for a little bit. It's obvious that we're struggling to finish dominions as quickly as we once did.

We need to develop the core of the OS again and see if we can trim the dead wood. It's gonna suck. There are some people who are ingrained in their IC roles, there will be butt hurt. But by doing nothing they are not helping. And these roles were meant to have turn over.

I believe the time has come for what Kentarch has been pushing for a while.

The OS needs a civil war.

[member="Catalys Maijora"] [member="Isamu Baelor"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Darth Carach"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom