Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for corporate types to run a couple of Tier 6 companies

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
So, I've played the company game for quite a while. With some others, built Silk Holdings and Akure Executive Interstellar up from literally nothing to tier 6 corporations. Had a LOT of fun along the way.

But it's kind of boring at the top after a while (a long while). I've been doing divestment for a bit, and I need to find some folks who're interested and capable. Because I want to start at ground zero again, in a whole new field, and see what happens.

SILK HOLDINGS: Tier 6
Ownership: 51% Smitty (not terribly active on the board these days), 5% Arceneau, 5% Ovmar, 29% publicly traded shares, 10% in trust for Mara Merrill, age 9. I play a member of the board of directors. Now, on paper, I could just walk away, have my char leave the board of directors for whatever reason, stop subbing tech under Silk's name, and be done. There are two interlinked problems: #1, Silk is more closely associated with me than anyone else active, and #2, I'm the one who answers the Marketplace queries. I don't want to just shut down the Marketplace thread. What I want to do is hand it over to someone who'd be happy playing executive without, you know, majority ownership. Everyone wants to own majority everything, so that's a hard sell.

AKURE EXECUTIVE INTERSTELLAR: Tier 6
Ownership: 90% employee-owned, with company bylaw stipulating that nobody can control more than 5% of the company. 10% owned by Jonathon Patches, a silent interest. I play the temporary interim CEO. As above, I could just walk away, except it's 'my' company OOC, and won't stop being that until I find someone else interested in running a Tier 6 without getting grabby about majority ownership. And then there's the Marketplace thread issue: I won't be free to leave Silk and AEI until someone else is there to, you know, answer the Marketplace threads and make a little tech every now and again.

Compounding factors: AEI is a member of the Tion Hegemony, and Silk has ties to it as well. Something to take into consideration.

So, my ideal outcome here: I stop playing a member of Silk's board of directors and AEI's interim CEO. Someone else takes over the OOC operations and plays some kind of executive (ideally, one writer for Silk and one for AEI). I walk away and start something new, after over a year running both of'em.

Any takers?

Thera Mayeen

T
[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Can't say too much about your other companies, but I can say that Jecht would be a great fit for Silk Holdings. Taking over Daw Motors and having a strong background in starship construction and management Jecht understands the need for tech that fits the kind of clients that both Silk and Daw first sought to provide for.

But he also knows and understands the need to produce more high-quality products.And I (Jecht IC and OOC) don't mind not having majority ownership, after all Daw Motors is a subsidiary of MandalMotors so not owning everything is fine with me!

If my Alchemist were anywhere near developed enough, or Ijaat had any reason to know AEI you know i'd be interested in AEI as I love the idea and products behind it and don't frankly give a damn about ownership, I just like tinkering. But, not qualified in either char who would be even halfway able to make sense in the role. Good luck man...

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Jecht Thrash"] - Now there's a thought. If you're interested in running Silk stuff OOC, you're a definite candidate.

[member="Ijaat Akun"] - Don't write yourself out because of that. It's totally plausible for your char to work his way up while you do the OOC side of things, and you've done enough work with this stuff that I'd trust you with AEI's...unique nature. So consider yourself a candidate, if you're interested.

[member="Ashin Varanin"] - Well it's sort of an offer hard to turn down... If you think Ostanes will fit, i'll throw his hat in the ring. Ijaat would probably go purge happy (I meant to post from this accoutn in the first place, stupid fat fingers)

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

I'll throw my hat into the ring as well since I've been building Krayt Industries up, so got plenty of experience at running a company for the most part. Silk would be nice, but I'd be up for AEI too. Also don't care if I have majority shareholding, I just like running stuff and helping where I can.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ostanes"] - Junior staff alchemist IC and showrunner OOC makes sense to me.
[member="Darth Arcanix"] - What tier is Krayt, and how busy are you with other stuff? Also, Silk has had Sith issues in the past, so what's your public IC persona like?

Thera Mayeen

T
[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Whatever works for you! I wouldn't mind doing OOC stuff and being just one of the bookies IC

Ashin Varanin said:
[member="Silara Kuhn"]

What are your IC commitments and alchemical background?
Silara is settling into married life with [member="Alric Kuhn"], the CEO/Owner of Titan Industries, and runs Koros Spaceworks (Currently a new tier 2 company). She specializes in Sith magic and has performed some instances of sith alchemy, though the only submission I've made with one was a Sith sword used as a family heirloom, including but not limited to: assisting Rave Merrill in the first Deep Black Sea thread, undergoing a live demonstration(if you want to call it that) of the biological application of sith alchemy while Darth Praelior altered Silara into a Sith battlelord (the species submitted to the codex, not the canon variant), and limited, vague, teachings by Darth Mierin on the general subject of the field.

I am also slowly working on obtaining Naga Sadow's holocron, a repository of Sith alchemy.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
All right, think I've come to a decision.

For Silk Holdings, I'm passing my share of OOC ownership (which is basically 'making new stuff,' 'making sure nobody makes stupid new stuff in my name,' and 'answering marketplace requests') to [member="Jecht Thrash"], and suggesting he make his char some kind of mid-to-highish-level exec and work his way up, though I'm fine with him going straight in as CEO if that's what he wants. Also recommending he hire some of [member="Marek Starchaser"]'s alts and see if there's a spot for [member="Darth Arcanix"] in the future.

For AEI, I'm passing OOC ownership to [member="Ostanes"] / [member="Ijaat Akun"], and suggesting he make his character a junior staff alchemist and work his way up. Also suggesting he (as the NPC CEO and board) might want to hire [member="Silara Kuhn"] in some capacity, to help rebuild the alchemy department and put some rank muscle behind some of the new product lines. Oh, and [member="Isley Verd"], as a longtime employee and thus minority shareholder, would be someone else to work with. Also worth noting that AEI's assets include a half-finished hyperlane, so you contract with a lot of explorers, including [member="Coren Starchaser"].

Also, both companies would probably get some benefit out of R&D relationships with [member="Triam Akovin"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom