Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Like Minds.... (Ask before joining)

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Entry 207, AI Project Eve started and VI 219 questioned

Alexandra stretched as she sat in her personal workshop at the Temple that claimed homage to the Order of the Grey. Her eyes traced over the screen and tech that she had scattered about before grinning widely to herself and leaning back. It was an Artificial intelligence that she would be in the process of achieving and it was this intelligence that she now began work on as she remained at the console.

First though she needed a template, a model, for such a creation and that is where droids came in. She also needed to some how get the creation to take on a personality of its own without destroying itself through its own thought processes. As such she had begun her research into doing something very difficult, taking her own personality and thought process and giving it to the machine while also remaining protected from the process.

First though the template. That is what she powered up now from her finds on Coruscant thus far. A old VI, something that could provide her with answers about another, very dangerous, AI that had been created. "VI sample 219, named Resistance, power on."

It popped up in the form of a holographic male, dressed in a suit and wearing glasses while also keeping a pistol at his side. "Resistance online, you are not the last user though as i hold no files on you, what is it that you desire to know." Its voice came out static like, though it would serve its purpose for now.

"The Program Omni, Artificial intelligence first stored on Carida and later found to be on New Alderaan by ancient Jedi Teferai and later once more defeated on Coruscant. What is it you can tell me about it and if there is any information about its creation?" She sat down and waited for the VI to answer her, it is likely he wouldn't give her any useful information, anything she didn't already know though she was curious about it.

"Information unavailable as to creation or origin of Omni, only its purpose and reaction recorded.Self replication and full sentience a part of its programming and was defeated by outside sources in order to deal with the threat it presented organics with." The droid seemed to shut up after that and this left Alexandra with a sigh before nodding. "VI sample 219, power down and disconnect."

With that the VI vanished and left Alexandra sitting at her computer as she continued onto the next Sample, before wondering on her own. If she could take biologic material and mix them with Technology, like a reversed form of Cyborg, in which she would give the machine her own mind and thus create a being tailored perfectly to what she was attempting to create... but that would require her uploading her very personality and being while also keeping herself alive and keeping from her body being sent into a coma and mind trapped in the machine.

With that she began working on ways to experiment on how to first understand cyborgs and how they operate.

End of Entry.

Alexandra Feanor

Entry 217: AI research continued, on board the Silver Wanderer Research vessel with Cloning tubes of Alexandra.

She walked among the tubes and nodded at the growth of the clones, having picked them up from the cloning facility run by a acquaintance of hers. She made quick movements as she slowly made her way over to the onboard computer and powered it up before looking for the program she wanted. "VI template 001, power on." With that nothing but a haze took shape as she stood there before the VI. Its voice held no distinction as it spoke and she stared at it. "VI 001 online, codenamed Eve, Prototype for AI research and creation."

Alexandra crossed her arms behind her as she then moved over to one of the half dozen pods she had taken with her from the facility. Speaking to the VI while she looked over her own clone and thought on its mental state. "VI, what is your purpose?" The VI remained silent at first, seemingly confused by the question before Alexandra spoke once more. "VI. What is your purpose?" This time it spoke, the same monotone, genderless voice coming from it. "I have no purpose, none was programmed."

It was right, she had not and was hoping that it would give that answer, without asking any other questions she crossed her hands and went to the side of the table, eyes scanning over her calculations. She had to replicate a persons self sentience, replicate someone's ability to adjust and see themselves as a living breathing being, if only trapped within a machine. "VI, do you feel anything, such as disappointment, or resentment, or maybe happiness in the ability to live?"

Again it took a few minutes to register what was being told to it before speaking. "This VI program does not understand the question, as it is not programmed to feel." Alexandra sighed and moved on to the computer as she nodded. "Very Well, VI 001, Project Eve, Power down." With that it was gone and she contemplated how she would move the biological processes of the mind that allowed for someone to feel and be self aware to a machine, contemplating if she can copy the structure of the brain and replicate it into a machine, or perhaps take a clones self sentience and transfer it to one of the prototype programs.

Alexandra Feanor

Entry 218: AI Research continued, Biological trial testing beginning.

Alexandra looked down at the body of the clone she had taken from its pod, staring at it from her chair before pushing away and over to the computer. The clone was hooked up to a multitude of different machines as well as a direct connection to the VI itself, as she would study the VI and its reaction to the experiment, Alexandra would also watch her clone as the machines collected Data on its unawakened form, registering its own mental reactions to the questions, assuming it could hear her.

"VI 003, Project Eve, Power up." With that there was already a noticeable change in the program as it had taken on the form of Alexandra's clone, the nine year old form of Alexandra that had been grown. "Eve online, greetings miss Cinthra, tests continuation of last attempt?" She grinned, it wasn't full awareness, but it did assume what she was activating it for. "Yes, give i will ask you a series of questions, and you will answer them according to what comes to.. mind."

The VI took a minute to register this, a bit of the clone's own brain lighting up as if the VI was tampering into it for answers to the questions about to be asked. "First off, what is your name?"

"Simple, I am VI model 003, Named Eve by project manager and head researcher Alexandra Cinthra." Alexandra half smiled at that, it was taking on a personality. but it didn't answer like one would if they had thought of themselves as a living being, even if they were partially a machine. "Ok, what is your purpose."

The VI once more took a moment and once more the brain of the clone lit up, only this time a bit more than before. "I was created in order to serve as a template for a AI created through the combination of Biological and technological elements, once achieved i will be... no record on purpose after template." Alexandra smiled as she sensed a hint of disappointment in the AI's voice. "Your purpose is your own to decide afterwards Eve, remember that." She let the VI register this as it and the Clone both seemed to try and comprehend what that meant, free of restrictions and worry it would allow for the VI to be unshackled which confused it.

"Last Question, do you feel anything?" This seemed to utter leave the VI speechless as it didn't understand what exactly it was suppose to feel. "I do not understand nor have the programing to understand what you mean Miss Cinthra." Alexandra sighed and nodded before speaking. "VI 003, Project Eve, Power down." With that Alexandra was left alone with the data and now went about disposing of the clone after the data was achieved, she would need a blank slate and could not reuse her resources.

End of Entry.

Alexandra Feanor

Entry 223: AI Project continued, research into Mixing Biological material with Cybernetics.

Alexandra yawned as she was now on the sixteenth model of the VI, she had been making small strides here and there but she couldn't get the Biological expect to be integrated into the creation, until now that was. She had cut open her palm enough to allow for a stead stream of blood and now analyzed the biological markers that made her different from the clones, of course there was none but she could also trace something else in her blood, her ability to be self aware, Of course though the clones had this same trace, but not developed into such a size that Alexandra had and she now wondered if her blood could act as the bridge between sentience and not. She would have to test this theory on the next question segment with the VI. Until then she began to integrate the information, biological coding, into the program itself, making it closer and closer into a bio engineered being, created and stored within the very technology she now questioned. She also wondered if she could take one of her clones and make it to house the AI, giving the AI its own body while also allowing for the AI to function without it, much like a cyborg uses implants to improve themselves.

End of Entry

Alexandra Feanor

Entry 230: Biological integration with the VI, attempted achievement of awareness.

Alexandra stared at the VI, who also seemed to be staring back at her before blinking and she grinned, her methods extremely weird to anyone who would see this video. "You lost." She said as the VI looked confused, looking around and turning its head. "Miss Cinthra, this is a horrible waste of run time, and i dont understand why staring at you will help achieve your goal of creating sentience in me, do you mind explaining to me?" Alexandra only smiled and stood as the VI asked its questions, while it took on a personality and functioned just like an AI should now, she still had trouble creating the exact AI she wanted, something that could feel and truly act as one should. "Well, you see, Eve. Its called a staring contest, you are suppose to keep staring at the person across from you until one blinks, its a game that is played by humans for the hell of it. There is no reason or need to do it and it is simply for the fun of it... and right you dont understand fun."

The VI shook its head and Alexandra leaned back in her chair as she sat down once more, thinking as to how to explain fun to the machine, which was hooked up to another clone as she continued to collect data. "Well you see, we humans and sentients in general devise ways to relax and let ourselves... recharge so to speak, so that we dont wear out ourselves and die. Such things include games and other wards that bring a sense of enjoyment that you have yet to achieve and understand Eve. This enjoyment and cheer we get from these activities are what we call fun, its for us to unwind and relax." The VI registered this for a moment before Alexandra's datapad flared to life, on it were multiple search that the VI had done through the holonet on the word fun which simply caused Alexandra to laugh and nearly fall out of her chair, causing the VI to be confused. "Miss Cinthra, are you ok, do you need a med droid?"

She nodded and breathed in before speaking. "Yes Eve, Power down for now as i record today's session." With that the VI disappeared and Alexandra cleaned up the work area once more.

End of Entry.

Alexandra Feanor

Entry 235: Development of AI storage unit and tranferrability into a holding place on a clone.

Alexandra looked at the work she had done so far, the chip would be a thin circuit board that held then entirety of the AI, letting it easily be transferred between her armor, the clone's body, and any computer system it needed to be transferred too. She had also begun work on modifying the clone so that it would be able to house the AI and furthermore removed its ability to develop its own consciousness so that the AI would be able to use and control the body as if it were its own being. It proved troublesome though as the clones also needed to be kept alive which required constant signals leaving Alexandra with the need to completely replace the brain, or simply eliminate all sense of being in the clone which would leave the body functioning but also could be considered inhumane.

It was a terrible decision for the woman, but she felt the AI, if achieved would be saddened and want a body any ways, a living body and not a metal prison. As such that is the thought that kept her going and as such she began to work on the body's ability to take in the chip and have it removed without killing the body or removing function of its organic processes. The Chip though came first, laying before her was a casing made of durasteel before realizing the danger of an EMP on the AI. As such Alexandra then devised a way to build a mock faraday casing that should help protect the AI from EMPs, or at least mostly so. Next came the actually AI core that would be wired and transferred on the small device, allowing for the AI to be transferred at will, this part much simpler than the rest. With that though she was now left with altering the mind, something that was not so simple.

First she had to install the implant receiver into the brain before she could do anything, allowing for direct intervention into the body while also keeping the body functioning with or without the AI in it. Next came the area that the AI would be inserted into at the base of the skull, a place that was not so easy to damage or get at, allowing for a bit of security and protection for the AI. Once done she stepped away and nodded. "Put her back in the pod, keep her alive until it is time for the trial test... hopefully i can finish Eve before the body starts to develop a consciousness.

End of Entry.

Alexandra Feanor

Entry 239: AI Research Conclusion, Attempt to integrate technology.

Alexandra once more found herself pacing and asking the AI questions, first its name which it answered as Eve, and then its purpose which it answered as it hasn't decided on its purpose as for now. But now came the question she wanted, she needed answered as she stood infront of the machine. "Eve, do you feel Anything, do you understand waht it means to feel?" She asked the machine waiting for its answer as it too paced, near copying Alexandra's own personality, if not the younger, happier version of Alexandra. "Feeling is the ability to touch and understand your surroundings, no Alexandra?"

With that a sigh of failure came from Alexandra, she had spent countless hours to come so close only to be defeated by the machine's inability to understand what she meant. Closing her eyes she tried to go over every detail. Eve blinked for a moment before stepping off the table and going in size to that of a small girl, though she remained a hologram of course. "Alexandra, how come you are disappointed, i had though that my answer expressed what you wanted. I mean, im kind of annoyed that you are disappointed in my crafted answer... wait, is this suppose to be fun, we could stare at eachother again."

Alexandra's head shot up as she stared at the machine for a moment, blinking before her mouth opened to speak. "Wait, did you say you are annoyed?" The VI, no AI now, grinned and looked at Alexandra with a knowing look. "Yes, you are quite easy to mess with Alexandra, i mean, i know you were expecting that answer so instead i screwed with you, that is the term, no?" With that the AI started laughing which after a moment Alexandra joined in with it, no with her, as the both of them just laughed for a moment before Alexandra stood. "I DID IT, now, to test the body. Eve, retreat to Chip and prepare for integration." The AI nodded before disappearing.

Walking over to the table, Alexandra turned the head of the breathing clone, finding the port and then drawing the chip over to her before placing it into the port, and subsequently into the clone. She waited for a minute, counting the seconds before the clone slowly opened its eyes and looked at Alexandra. a soft, child's voice came from the nine year old clone and with it the personality of the AI. "Success, i think that is the word you are looking for Alexandra... Though i think in the nature of my creation, mother would be the word im looking for, if that is fine."

Alexandra nodded at the words and could only smile, she had done what she had planned to do, with even better results than she had hoped as the AI truly found itself self aware. Even using the term mother in regards to her being Eve's creator. "Eve, were going to test motor functions now..."

End of Entry. Project Successful.

Alexandra Feanor

Entry 241: Cognitive and Situation studying of the AI and its reaction to situations.

Alexandra sat across from Eve, who currently was using the human clone body that had been modified to support her and allow for her to truly understand what it felt like to be alive, and so far she had had a few bugs. First she had to fix Eve feeling hunger and also when she felt full after consuming a breakfast fit for a king, it was hard though linking the body to the machine as the electrical paths were still a danger that was presented by the brain's complex structure. But she had fixed it, next she had to test the nerves in Eve's body and those were even more of a pain to modify and test without paralyzing the body causing harm to the body, luckily though and even if it had taken a few more days than she wanted the body functioned perfectly in unison with the AI.

"Eve, i have a few questions for you and scenarios, if you can't answer them that is fine though i would ask that you answer them with the first answer that comes to mind." She thought back to her other experimentation that had occurred yesterday that had been her most dangerous, not to Eve but to herself. She had hooked herself up and began actually taking her memories from herself and transferring them into a machine best she could then she had to separate the memories and modify them so that she could transfer what would be important to Eve without creating a literal copy of herself, something that she didn't want. No she wanted to create a personality for the machine that matched hers but was not an identical copy and that was the hardest part that came from this research.

"First question, You are trapped under the rubble of a collapsed tunnel and you know the way out, but two people that tried to kill you and if you went out the way you knew then they would escape too. You have three options, first you let them all die with you and stop them from escaping to live another day. Option two is you try to kill them before they can kill you or you die from the loss of air then escape through the tunnel. Or option three is lead them out of through the tunnel with you, saving all three lives but risking them killing you in the end. Which do you choose?"

Eve took a few minutes to contemplate the question she had been asked, and while she was in the body of a nine year old, and retained the memories that would make her observe things as such, she also contained a massive amount of historical, technical, and other such data that would alter her viewpoint on things. She still needed the AI part of Eve to help her with things, but she would still give Eve the chance to live as a human as much as she could.

"Its difficult to say mom, there are several opportunities through all the options that would allow for them to kill me and then try and escape on their own though it is likely they would not find the hidden exit. But i assume that the fight was not something that would be easy and killing them is not something that i would prefer to happen if done by me, i would more so try to knock them out before i had to cause fatal injuries if for any reason. Though the best option would be to lead them out with you and then quickly get away before they had the chance to simply shoot me and kill me, incase they no longer saw thanks and only my death in their minds."

With that Alexandra nodded and looked down at the datapad, the first question checked off as she moved to the next question. "Ok Eve, next question. You are witness to the death of a love one at the hands of another who now turns on you, your only chance of survival is to grab the fallen weapon of your loved one and try to fight back as the man plans to kill you too. Do you take up the weapon and try to fight the man, hoping to kill or wound him enough for you to escape without chance of him following. Run and hope you can get away before he could catch up to you and kill you anyways, or do you stand your ground and let him kill you."

Alexandra remembered when this scenario had been something all too real for her, first her parents and then her master, the latter of which had been slain right before her and had been the day Hel had been created. She had lost herself in rage and sorrow before blasting the killer off his feet and taking her masters saber. It took one strike into the killer's heart and then a unhindered and uncounted number of punches into the man's face that Alexandra closed her eyes for a moment to banish the memory. It was a dark time, something she never got over and pledge never to feel again, but now she had friends and family and if they died.... "Mom, are you ok?" Alexandra blinked, not realizing she had started to actually cry at the thought and nodded to Eve. "Yes, im fine, sorry Eve. Uh do you have an answer?"

"I would fight, i wouldn't kill him though if he killed you. If you died before me i would be... sad, but i would never kill unless i had to... these questions, they aren't random are they?" Eve turned her head at her own question.

Alexandra smiled and shook her head. "The Questions are over, it doesn't matter Eve, i need to record the results so please return to sleep mode or find something to occupy yourself." With that she turned towards the computer screen, putting in what she learned and closing her eyes for a moment, cursing herself for being such a idiot as to think bringing those memories to light would be easy.

Entry End.

Alexandra Feanor

Entry 242: After the Events of Eve's Data.

Alexandra sighed as she sat back in the chair and tapped her fingers on the desk, looking over the files that had been taken from her and sighing. Someone had the old entries and now Eve had been exposed to Alexandra's dark personality, but something had changed in Alex in talking with Eve and seeing the man's face. Terror, utter terror. "Eve, come online please..." Eve would show herself as a hologram and walk up beside the woman, a fullsized one that looked down at what Alexandra was working on.

"What did you gather from my actions during the assault on the ship and the attempted removal of you from my person..." She asked as she looked up at the hologram, waiting for the AI to speak though nothing came at first, and when it did Alexandra was silent.

"You protected me, you protected me beyond all doubt and without any danger to occur in the processes that you took. You feel into anger and sorrow at the thought of losing me as you had spoken of when love ones die and you were worried i would not be thought of as a person and moreso as a machine for others to command and control. Is that what you are asking Mom?"

"Yes, that is what i asked, now lets see what we can do today..." She tapped her fingers and began to speak. "Many years ago a fire had claimed my family's lives but it is what led up to the fire that is what caused for me to be who i am and who you are modeled after Eve. Back then i had been a normal child, my parents knew of my force sensitivity but they hid it from the Jedi and the Sith and the Jensaari so that i would live a normal life and not be ripped from them. My father was a arena fighter, and a talented one too, he never lost and never cheated, nor did he ever make deals that would get him more credits that he would deny. He was one of honor and carefulness... my mother was a former Jedi, it was an unknown thing at the time but upon her death it would become know to me. I also have a brother who survived their death that you've had yet to meet, but you will meet him soon enough, for now though he is a student of mine but that can come later."

"It is pride that causes sadness though, never hold your pride over the safety of others because then you will truly lose everything. After one fight my father had been told to throw the fight, if he did he would gain riches beyond compare... it was a trick though, there was no money he would have received and he had said no without even knowing this... but it was for that reason that the Sith soon found out about my force sensitivity and an assassin was hired to kill my parents and then take me and my brother, erasing us from history. Now though i leave you with this story for one reason, be careful of your pride Eve, it is your greatest weakness and i hope that you do not fall down the same path as my family."

The AI nodded and sat down, but before anything was said the Entry Ended, shut off by Eve.

End of Entry.

Alexandra Feanor

Entry 250: Untitled.

Alexandra was playing a game with Eve, now, this had been their third one and as the testing is a bit unorthodox, she was studying the mental capabilities of Eve. The AI had become remarkably human, she understood sadness, anger, compassion and knew how to respond in a way she thought was best... probably better than Alexandra herself knew how to respond and only after she had looked at her computer during the last entry did she see that Eve had shut off the recording while Alexandra had once more broken down and started crying. Eve was not exposed to countless loses, she held a pure being that Alexandra didn't quite get to experience and now Alexandra was absolutely confused on everything involving the development of this AI. "Eve, do you feel alive?"

This caused the AI to look up from what it was doing and looked at the wall the moment after. "Biologically im not alive, i am merely using this human body to experience things like you but... yes, i feel alive. If being alive is having feelings and being happy then i am alive and i regret nothing about how i was created. You gave me something that few machines get to experience and i am using it to understand things as they happen before me in ways that most droids or programs would never dream of doing, if they could dream that is mom. Do not worry about whether i regret what happened to me or if i feel like im still restricted because i am every bit alive that you are and i think that you have done more than enough to make things possible. Also, ive won." She pointed at the game board and smiled as Alexandra blinked and looked down too, dumbfounded that she had been beaten just like that, perhaps she was losing her edge faster than she thought.

But for now she laughed, and Eve did too as the two of them laughed and began to find herself happy. Eve felt alive and that comforted Alex that things were so easy for the AI where others would contemplate the question and never hold an answer that would satisfy their curiosity.

End of Entry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom