Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Like Father, Like Daughter

Jonathan smiled as he waited out side the entrance to the mall. He had set aside this whole day to spend with his eldest daughter. John loved Sophia, and was only glad to meet her when they both could escape. He was sure that Kalia wished he was with her. He couldn't wait to have a good talk with his daughter, it was going to be a glourous day, and plus he had just gotten bad from the mess that was his brother in law's wedding and was so thankful for his normal daughter.

John had flowers, and a box, with him, waiting for her, he had of course gotten Kalia's help with what was in the box, he didn't have much taste but he always knew who to ask. he waited for her to arrive via speeder, anxous for her to arrive.
It wasn't every day you got to spend the day with your daughter.

Sophia loved hanging out with her father even now that she was older and not three years old anymore. He was still her father all the promotions in the galaxy wouldn't change that. She didn't need him to buy her clothing anymore as she had her own credits but she still liked going shopping with him and he seemed to like it to either that or he just enjoyed spending time with her. Sophia guessed that it was the second one which was fine with her. She wouldn't bore him with girly clothing the whole time. She would find some gadget store for him to wander through.

She wasn't here just to spend some quality time with her father but also look for an outfit to wear for her caf thing. It wasn't a date or anything but she still wanted to look good as it would be the first time he saw her out of uniform. Sophia had a wonderful relationship and she told him everything. She wanted to tell him about having caf with a guy she liked but she wasn't exactly sure how to go about telling him. The boy thing hadn't come up yet before between them but that wouldn't stop her from telling him. Her father was an important part of her life and she didn't want to shut him out. She would tell him at some point today hopefully he would take it well.

After parking the speeder she headed to the front of the mall where her father was there waiting for her. Smiling she went to greet him with a hug. She really did miss him when she was out there in space but he was always just a phone call. It was nice to see him. "Dad, you shouldn't have. What are the flowers for," she smiled. He was always giving her presents and that.

"You of course, and I got you this" He said holding out a box containing a bracelet that Kalia had informed him she would love. He hoped she liked the bracelet, it wasn't glowing like her necklace, but it would go with it. " I hope you like it, your mother helped me pick it out. Also, I owe you for helping me find that bracelet for your Mother. She loved it just like you said. " He was so glad that Sophia had helped him. He had no idea what to get kalia for the night of the banquet, and luckily Sophia had helped. John wasn't sure what he would of bought her had she not helped... Well yes he did.. he would of bought her a very dainty outfit, one that Kalia would know exactly what John had in mind for afterwards.

John shook his head, he was getting distracted, Sophia was first and foremost. " I got your favorite flowers of course. I wanted today to be special, as it has been a while since we have both been able to to this. " He said having hugged her back and kissing her cheek. " I still can't believe your captain already and Oliver isn't even ensign yet.. I am worried about him, you should help him out... "

Her father always came to her when he was looking for something to get her mother. She had good tastes or well at least better taste than her father in jewelry. Sophia was more than happy to help her father out with present buying for her mother as long as it wasn't lingerie. She didn't want to know about what they did in the bedroom nor did she even want to think about it.

"It's beautiful," she smiled opening up the box. "You really didn't have to get me something. I'm happy to help. You and mom are so cute together." One day she hoped to have a relationship like her parents. First though her father would need to be ok with the whole dating thing.

"I'm just as surprised I didn't expect it. I could talk to his Captain and see what's up. He was doing fine from what I have heard last though he ought to be ensign by now. You shouldn't worry though dad not everyone is an overachiever like me. He doesn't spend all his time studying because he has friends unlike me." It was hard for her to make friends with those her own age as most were ranked below her and the father admiral thing never helped either. "I think I may be the youngest Captain in the whole Navy. I'm kind of worried actually that they will take away the ship after the Omni mess. I'm not sure why though as we dealt with it accordingly. It's not like I invited the droid on the ship." Her shoulder still hurt a little from where she had been shot.

" I can't help but worry, its my job" He said hugging her, glad that Sophia did indeed like it. " Well I know that if anything its the oppisite, you and other surviving officers did outsanding jobs. " He said taking her arm, " So where to first food or shoping? or some shopping, food and then more shopping?" He smiled he was so happy to be with his daughter, it made him seem important. " I just hope he does well.. I was an ensign by his age, as were you. I just worry about him.. and with lauren doing amazing things with the jedi... I just want the best... " He said sighing. John needed to have a talk with the boy. " Also you should be glad to know you were better off missing your aunt and uncle's wedding, I am still embarassed at what went on there... " He said turning red, remembering spencer walking in on him.

"I know but you shouldn't worry that much. We are all just fine even Ollie who maybe just having a hard time right now. I'll see if he needs help studying and maybe give him some tips. I want to see him do well too so he needs to buckle down and study." Sophia had done the math her father had been just about her brother's age when she was born and she was her mother's age which made her some sort of love child. Her father had gone far considering everything he had going on with her mother and a baby. There was no excuse for her or her brother not to do the same.

"Shopping," she smiled walking into the mall with her father. [/color]"I'm looking for something to wear to this thing I was invited on. My friend who happens to be a guy invited me for caf." She much rather tell him now than be nervous about it all day and ruin her time with her father. It couldn't be that bad, it was just Caf.

John felt reassured until she mentioned the date. He stood still, not sure how to react. His baby girl was going on a date.. how? who? He managed to take a deep breath and look at sophia. " your going out on a date? Do I know of the guy?" He couldn't flip out yet. Though every part of him wanted to, he knew that Kalia would want him to give the man a chance despite every fiber of his being wanted to interrogate her about him and then him about him.
" We will have to make sure to get you something good then, Have to have you looking good" He said still trying to process the fact that his girl.. his precous girl sophia was Kalia's age when he met her. " You know whats crazy is at your age, your mother had met and fallen in love with me.... did I ever tell you how I met her?" He asked with a smile, trying to behave.

"It's not a date dad it's just Caf. We are just friends," that was an understatement if there ever was one. They were not friends by a long shot. He was a pain in her butt but she kind of liked him as well. It was a really weird thing but she learned really that if something did happen to him she would miss him. "He's a lieutenant Navy so I'm sure you know him. You know like everybody." She would give his name but he didn't have a fantastic reputation when it came to the ladies. He was probably the last guy on the ship he would want her near.

Sophia was surprised how well he was taking all of this. She would have thought of him going crazy on her by now. She planned on behaving herself as well. "Oh, really? How did you two meet?"

John smiled and laughed trying to offset his true feelings over the fact that his little girl was going on a date. " A Lieutenant, Whats his name ? " He said trying to play the cool dad approach.. plus if he reacted to badly Kalia would probably never let him hear the end of it. He thought of it, and laughed. " Well I was the head of an elite group of fighters, brand new... now they are standard but then... they were top of the line. I was an ensign, and I was making some unofficial upgrades to my fighter to prove a point... That they could get more out of them with a few extra parts. " He might add that his fleet's fighters were the best for a reason, He knew the components and specs on every ship in his fleet, he prided him self in it. He loved ships... though not as much as his family. He had tried to convince Kalia at one point to live in a space yacht... it didn't work well. " And the next thing I know a jedi girl is staring at me... I about dropped my drawers right there... hurt my self on a part. It was embarrassing here was the prettiest girl I had ever seen.. Who looks quite like you I might add and She not only healed my finger but agreed to keep my upgrade a secret in exchange for dinner. " He said remembering it... It was a life changing moment. " We hit it off... and agreed to do a crazy thing.. go on a trip together for a week in a half... on our first date... so two weeks and many hours on the phone later, we left on her ship... and Well we had you.... " He said with a smile, remembering the time fondly. He was so lucky to have Kalia.

"Umm, Turin Val Kur he's the leader of the Paladin Squadron. Don't worry I know his reputation all to well but he wouldn't be stupid enough to try that on me. It won't work as I have more respect for myself than that." She knew her father wasn't going to like any of this one bit and honestly she couldn't really blame him. "It's just Caf." She would never admit that she may like him.

She couldn't help but smile as she listened to her father's story about how he met her mother. It seemed like a love at first sight type of thing. They were really cute together and one day she hoped for something like that. She was in no rush though nor was she really looking for something. "Nine months after the trip you had me. That would make me an unexpected love child," she grinned trying to do the math. "I didn't ruin your honeymoon did I? I mean you still went on one right?" She suspected the way her parents were that they had forgone that and stayed home with her.

John couldn't believe who it was... Turin really? He was fuming now... the nerve of that man... " Its not just Caf and you and I both know it Sophia..." He said taking a deep breath... he needed to react to this rationally.. " Are you sure about this man Sophia? I have heard about him... and his lifestyle... " He was holding back his urge to try to command her... she was 21 and her own adult.. not to mention capable of her own decisions. He was bright red, and taking deep breaths trying to not flip out. " Sophia, as much as I dislike the idea... if you are sure about it... and you will acknowledge that it is more than just caf, I am sorry.. your my baby girl... and its hard to let go of you... Can I at least demote him if he tries anything? " He said looking at her.. she looked just like her mother.

" well to your question. Well with how we acted on that trip... it might as well be our honey moon... to say we couldn't keep our hands off each other would be an understatement. " He smiled... remembering the trip. " But I was actually wondering, I am getting some more leave soon, and was curious if I could convince you and oliver to take turns watching lauren while your mother and I go have a trip just the two of us.. I want it to be a surprise. and to be the honeymoon we didn't have since we had to take care of wonderful you. "

Sophia couldn't help but wrap her arms around her father and hug him tightly. He was turning red just as she expected and was so upset. "Ok, fine it's a date but nothing will happen. He can try to be he won't be seducing me into his bed. Dad you have taught me to be a respectable young lady. I wouldn't just go giving it around to anybody. He asked I said yes and I never get to go anywhere. Lets try not to demote people just because they look at me." This conversation was so getting awkward as she did not want to talk to him about that and now he was going to talk about him and mom? Eww, no she didn't want to hear about what they did in the bedroom.

"Sure, that wouldn't be a problem. You guys deserve time alone together." Her younger sister was 15 so looking after her was a piece of cake. She actually really enjoyed spending time with her. "You two go have fun don't worry about us. Where are you taking her?" She wanted to get the focus off her and boys.

"Sophia... if you weren't so irresistible I would say no ... but your right... I raised you right and I need to respect that your a grown woman... " He said hugging her tight before letting her go and leading her to what he remembered being her favorite place " I was thinking Bardoona again. but I am not sure.. your mother is so much more traveled than I... I am not sure where to take her.. . I know it doesn't matter as long as we are together, but I want it to be perfect. and I can't thank you enough for watching Lauren. "

"You two should go to some romantic secluded beach island or something. I don't think mom would care though where you two went. It's the thought that counts so I know she'll be very happy no matter what." She had no idea where this beach island was but she was sure that if she looked for one she could find one for them. Her parents deserved it after all they had done and did for her. It would be nice for them to get a vacation and than maybe they would be alright with the guy thing? She doubted it but hey it was worth a shot.

"It's too bad I can't wear any of this stuff to work," she stated going through a rack of clothes. She wore her uniform everywhere so she really had no need for all of this clothing. It was so cute she really wished that she had a place to wear it. If it was up to her father she would probably be covered head to toe for her date.

John smiled " I think you look wonderful in your uniform, you don't need this stuff.. though I understand.. your mother loves her clothes as well.. perhaps you could find a nice man to take you places where you can wear these clothes" He looked around and grabbed a dress that reminded him of the one Kalia wore... one fateful night. It was different but similar enough.. he held the green dress up to sophia. " What do you think ?"

Sophia.. was growing up.. as much as he hated to admit it. She was beautiful.. and everything he had hoped she would turn out to be. He also hated.. that he wasn't the same dad that saved her from the monsters in her closet... or picked her up when she fell. It sometimes seemed that she didn't need him.. and he prayed that day never came.. because she was his little girl.. and John didn't think he could cope not being needed by her.

"Are you going to pick out this nice guy to take me out," she questioned taking the green dress from her father. It was more than likely a bad idea to ask him such a question as he probably would go out looking for a daddy approved guy to take her places. He would probably scare someone in doing that for him that was just doing it to not get punished. Sophia couldn't help but giggle a little as she thought of that happening. It would be really amusing to say the least.

"You think I should try it on?" Holding the green dress up to herself she looked to her father whom had picked it out. He wasn't the most fashion forward person in the galaxy however the dress really wasn't that bad in fact it was kind of cute. If anything she ought to try it on just for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom