Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Have a Little Fun [Mandalorians]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
The alchemical powers of the Sith had many, many uses, both in shaping materials and reshaping the laws of biology. Hell, in ways it was a method of playing god, in ways many modern Sith would never understand. One usage that Valik had found himself using more and more was the use of Mask, an technique utilized by Palpatine nearly a millennium ago to hide the effects of the Darkside on his body, as well as using the Force to hide his Force signature from the Jedi. Valik used the ability to masquerade as one individual or another from time to time, morphing his appearance and even his genetic code to whatever he pleased. Today however, he only used it to hide the effects of the darkside, changing his normally more ghastly palour and yellow eyes into a more natural and friendly demeanor. If it could be said that the mad scientist had ever had a 'friendly' demeanor that is.

For today, Valik decided to come as himself, to a land many Sith had fought, and wanted to conquer. He was in Keldabe, the capital city of Mandalore, the capital planet of the Mandalorian people. A place once invaded by the Sith Empire, but the Empire was unsuccessful in their endeavors. After Desmius it seemed the Sith didn't have the same motivation to conquer, the same threat to the galaxy. That had all changed recently however, as the Sith and the Republic had signed a non-aggression pact, forming an alliance. Two governments, founded on such different ideals and with such different political systems, in truth it was a story for disaster, but before the glass bridge crumbled Valik had work to do, and people to sell to. The Mandalorians were boxed in between the two superpowers, and likely weren't happy about that. True, the Ithor Conference made things a little better for them, but with the Mandalorians being the meat of the sandwhich so to speak, it wasn't assured the members of the Ithor conference could get there in time.

But Valik had already figured out a way to fix that, at least set up an early warning system. So, when he came upon a Mandalorian who looked like the were in some sort of authoritative capacity he made his way over and asked the man flat.

"I need to speak to the man in charge." He demanded, unflinching against the cold eyeless helmet of the man's beskar'gam.

"Alright then aruetiise, calm down. Do you need a police officer, or a city official, or what do you need here?"

"Not anything so small, I need the man in charge of the Mandalorians as a whole, or at least someone authorized to deal with their armies and fleets." Valik replied, before he was greeted with no small amount of laughter.

"You think you can just barge in and talk to the Mand'alor areutiise? It doesn-" He said, before Valik rose a hand to the sky and released a small stream of blue electricity to the sky, aimed at no one in particular. It wasn't a threat, or an attack, merely a declaration, that Valik was someone to see, and not to be trifled with. In an instant he had rows of blasters, vibroblades, and disruptors pointed at him. He was surrounded, and he knew it, but he didn't care. They wouldn't kill him, not yet, and certainly not after they'd heard what he'd had to say.

"Dar'jetti." He heard muffles and murmurs of the word throughout the crowd, and a man nearby even spat at him, saliva landing mere inches away from him.

"Now, let's try this again. I need to speak to someone in charge." Valik said, his voice calculating and unforgiving. The trip through hyperspace was long enough, no more time needed to be wasted when work could be done.

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Gilamar Skirata"] @[member="Azrael"] @[member="Adenn"] @Hutuun'Kryamud @[member="Jorn Mair"] @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] @[member="Basaba Willamina"] @[member="Kila Cadau"]

:: He doesn't need to speak to Mand'alor vod, just someone who'll hear him out.:: The voice of Azrael echoed in the commlink of the Initiate who had already begun trying to dissuade the Sith from moving further into their territory. Seeing as though that Valik was already on the planet, and his electric light show wasn't meant to fry any of the vode, the bionic Rally Master figured something different could come out of this without the need for bloodshed. Stepping passed a group of Mandalorians, all dressed to the nines in similar armor - Azrael stepped forward to stand infront of Valik a foot or so apart. Facial recognition was run and sent via the broadband antenna to a communication array which would allow others of various clan heads to receive the live feed he was now broadcasting their way. All of this under the cover of silence as he took point before the Sith Master.

"Seems you have some business to discuss. You can excuse my vode for their intiial distrust - your representation of the Empire is a touchy subject." Azrael turned as he rose his left bionic arm to offer the way towards one of the smaller meeting halls that were generally used for various informal meetings and even a place for the vode to relax. "So who am I speaking with? I'd rather not keep insulting you." Azrael said, not removing his helmet for the time being, as he wanted to gauge reaction, study facial expressions, and communicate with the vode internally without the Valik being the wiser. The invitation to a room of less hostile means he assumed would put Valik in a more talkative mood.

Personally, Azrael didn't have a lot of knowledge about the Sith, or their methods and tactics. He'd heard stories, he'd fought against them in space battles, but he'd never met one up close. He was somewhat relieved though that Valik wasn't here to threaten. Fighting one was certainly different than discussing business. Still he was wary, and cautious, and yet alert. The inherent distrust wasn't there for Valik to absorb with the Force though. That kind of distrust had to be learned, and hopefully he wouldn't make Azrael another one of those immediately biased Mandalorians. One could hope.

@[member="Valik"]

Adenn Gra'tua had been walking around Keldabe looking for some parts to repair his ship when he heard a crackle of lighting. He turned to the noise, seeing it was force lighting in his 360 degree vision, and pulled out both his Mandalorian rippers and aimed at the Sith, or he supposed "bad move" he said and prepared to fire when a Mandalorian walked up to him. He still aimed his rippers until they both walked away, he watched them until they disappeared into a room where he stood outside waiting "that Sith better not try anything" Adenn said.

@Azrael@Valik

Jorn Mair

J
I was surprised to see that the men that this Sith was talking to acted in a very quick way. However, Getting the feed from @[member="Azrael"] Would not to much. The eyes were off. saying nothing was really found. Sighing I stepped forwards as well, I had dealt with the Sith before, and battled then a few times. But this man looked to not be one of them. New convert? Ether way this man knew of the Dark side of the force. To use lightning that was bright enough to get everyone's attention was not necessary. but it proved his point. he was not to be messed with.

I put my Delta pistols up and looked as Azrael spoke to the man. As each of us kept our armor on, We were not going to just simply stop and have tea time with a man who sent lightning forth from his fingertips. No here we were a race of people that didnt care what you think. We survived the best way we could. The Mandos were stuck between the Sith and the jedi, and that gap would soon close if nothing was done. If this man wanted to speak about helping us, then we would have to possibly trust him to some extent. For me, that would be the hardest.

I shook my head that the man clearly ignoring the blasters, slugthrowers, and swords all pointed at him. a group of a good 20 men were surrounding him. Though he didnt care, ether he thought to highly of himself, or truly didnt care and knew that he could possibly take all of us at once. I raised my hand slightly to him to show that I wanted to speak. id rather not piss him off right now.

"If you wish to so talk about this, we need to trust you. Don't expect us to just sit down with you when ever you call."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"My name is Warren Valik, and I serve no Empire." Valik said, as he examined the crowd around him. They were cautious, a wise decision in truth, but they would find his posture was relaxed. Nothing about his frame, breathing, or slight motions would indicate a defensive tendency, nor would they indicate a desire to attack.

"In fact, that's why I'm here." He said as he twirled a deathstick around his fingertips. "With the Sith and Republic allies now it puts the Mandalorians in a rather odd predicative doesn't it? Sandwhiched between the Sith and their cohorts can't be pleasant. Sure, the contract at Ithor probably helps a little, but with the Atrisians on the other side of the Republic, the Black Suns under the Sith and the Republic and the Confederacy and Fringe even farther away that makes getting help rather difficult doesn't it?" He said, pausing for a moment to let the surrounding mandalorians think about their situation.

"Quite frankly, I don't like the Sith Empire. Bunch of mismanaged fools and a haven of wasted potential. I want to make an example of them. What if I made you an alarm that told you whenever they were coming? So that the Mandalorians knew whenever the Sith were coming towards Mandalorian Territory, regardless of whatever cloaking technology the Sith might have procured from Aeten II, or anywhere else for that matter?"

@[member="Azrael"] @[member="Adenn"] @[member="Jorn Mair"]

The name did not register with Azrael as he had not been entrenched in combat with the Sith more than a couple of times in his currently brief career in the Mando'ade. The name though was not some great mystery, as it appeared to be pulled up of a registry of known affliates. Valik wasn't some mysterious man behind the curtain, he was out in front, and he was known to be a Sith. As much though as he was a dark-side user, by his own admission he'd renounced the Empire. It was a strange move in Azrael's own thoughts for one to leave the faction, and still practice their ways. Galactic politics on the other hand was an even more estranged topic of note for the young former scrapper from Ord Mantell. The conference at Ithor that Mand'alor attended was only briefly discussed among the vode, even of his clan. If he wanted more information on that subject, he need only ask his mentor and friend; Field Marshal Gilamar. Azrael simply didn't have that much interest - yet.

"Well met mister Valik. I am Azrael of clan Skirata." His right hand came out to offer a hardy shake. Trust was not so much an issue, but he wasn't about to throw their guest to the kath hounds either just for showing up. He was posing no threat, and for now, he'd aim to keep it that way. "This detection rig, it's an interesting endeavor. I am the apprentice to Mandal Motors - the Mandalorian's foremost engineering company for our technology. Tell me more about this device, and what exactly you'd gain out of it other than satisfaction." Azrael said as he moved into the meeting room, and offered Valik one of the comfortable couches to sit on while he tapped his digits on the holo projector and allowed Valik to demonstrate what he had in mind.

His visor turned to that of Jorn Mair, and he gave a single nod. Though hidden beneath the actual helmet, he relayed a message that this meeting was being transmitted and stored for later research. Right now Azrael wasn't promising anything, he was simply letting the man talk. If he wanted to reveal plans for building anything, they'd get it collectively decided upon by vode above their pay-grade. See if it checked out, and let those decisions be made at a later date. Right now it was simply time to gather intel.

@[member="Valik"]​

Jorn Mair

J
As @[member="Azrael"] would lead the man away I walked over to the other men "Lower your weapons and get back to work. Don't worry Brothers, its all handeled" The nod that was given to him from his brother in arms was returned with a nod of his own. Seeing the message he smiled. It didnt matter to him. but it was good thinking that he did that. I followed behind them as I still didnt trust the man. And currently I was intrested in this alarm system that the man would be coming up with, if we agreed.

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
As the men dispersed at the order of @[member="Jorn Mair"], Valik shrugged a bit. "I'll confess that I am not alltogether altruistic in my proposal. Mandalorian territory has a resource I'd like to acquire. The Ysalamiri and Vornskyr of Myrkr are intriguing species, and ones I'd like to study. In return for building this satellite I'd hope to obtain oh . . . a dozen or so of each I suppose." He admitted, as he fumbled through a pack on the side of his belt until he found a knife, noticeably dull and worn.

"And truth be told @[member="Azrael"], what I propose to build is not solely technological." He said, then took the knife and threw at a nearby wall, it bouncing harmlessly off the metal before Valik used telekinesis to summon it back to his hand. "There are certain sciences which can only be described as arcane in nature." He said as he held the blade and warped it with the ability of Sith Alchemy. "I have a talent for such things, and it can be used to alter materials in a wide variety of ways, not least to sharpen a blade." He said as he completed his process on the knife, then threw it at the wall again, this time it sticking hard into the structure and staying there.

"Holocrons and many other devices built by Jedi and Sith can react to the presence of the Force, so the other day I had an idea to put such an ability of detection on a massive scale. Create a giant gem, that felt large presences in the Force, whether of a Sith Lord or an army of less skilled Sith. Make it change colors and put a camera on it or otherwise send a signal and bam, you'll know whenever the Sith are around." He said, pausing for a minute. "Even through Hibridium and stygium cloaks."

Having just a smattering of understanding of what both of the creatures mentioned actually did, he already knew that an answer for the promise of this build was not going to be his decision to make. That would require some council of the current Field Marshal and possibly Mand'alor himself if it needed to go that far up the food chain. Resources were something near and dear to the Mandalorians, especially when said resources were meant as a protective measure against that of Force users in general. A great deal of their arsenal, armor, and transports were meant to thwart the advantages of those wielding the Force. Letting a Sith, even one on the Fringe, have access to that kind of a resource might be something to warrant a moment's consideration.

Leaning back against one of the walls, Azrael slid his helmet off and set it upon the table between himself and Valik, letting it continue to record the conversation in secret, while he watched the man with a gaze of scrutiny. The knife trick was amusing, but he grasped the greater concept of the device in question. It could be useful, he just wasn't sure if that was all that it could do. Sith Alchemy and a force sensitive gem in the midst of Manda'yaim gave him pause for concern. He didn't know enough about the actual energy source the Sith and Jedi claimed to wield to be able to make heads or tails if this was a wise choice on their part. The fact however was that an early warning detection system could be useful against any foe, and especially if this was designed to suspect all Force users, then there was a chance it could protect them from both sides.

"I can see the usefulness of this, but where exactly would you get this gemstone? As I recall, there are only a few kinds of stones in the Galaxy that can be imbued with the Force itself. I'm not an expect on the subject, but we don't have any planet's mining such crystals." The rest of the rig wouldn't be a problem to manufacture, but the specialized piece was certainly going to be the cornerstone of the operation, and he wanted to know where Valik intended to get it.

@[member="Valik"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom