Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lethe Artificial Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: an AI to aid Gir Quee in running his starship
Development Thread: Brought Back from Lost Waters
Manufacturer: Azira / Lucerne Labs
Model: Lethe
Affiliation: Gir Quee / Lucerne Labs
Modularity: None
Production: Unique
Material: computer code, positronic processor
Description: Lethe is an AI designed to help run a capital ship, especially to maintain its survival (but not necessarily its battlefield success). Unlike many AIs, Lethe is not self-aware. Instead, it functions much like the brainstem of many animals, using a variety of processes and sensory feedback to maintain homeostasis of the vessel and its systems using a combination of positive and negative feedback loops. This helps to optimize the performance of the starship and to assists its crew, but Lethe lacks the processing power and the motivation process to completely run the ship. Under Gir's verbal control, Lethe is capable of temporary running various systems (only one at a time) without any input from the crew, but at greatly reduced efficiency. This sort of action is typically used in emergency situations, such as regulating the reactors if the reactor crew is killed by lethal radiation or operating point defense systems in case their gunners are incapacitated.

Lethe's biggest tactical contribution is to act as a electronic warfare defense system. Because of its obscure programming language and anti-intrusion processes, it makes the host ship difficult, but not impossible, to hack. In addition, a portion of Lethe's processing capability has been set aside to temporary act as a host communication's hub for fleet transmissions. This allows Lethe to act as a firewall for friendly vessels at the cost of reduced information accuracy and a noticeable lag of communications. Still, Lethe remains indispensable in Admiral Quee's future battle plans.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Gir Quee"]
The development and the content itself is great, but I need this to be at least 10 posts. You can either spread the thread out or add to it, either is fine.

[member="Bianca"], I'll get to work on adding to the development thread then.

For clarification, are the requirements for the AI listed under the "Banned & Restricted Items" list current? I remember hearing at one point that they might be undergoing a change (but that was before my absence).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom