Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Lav-Ra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
dragon_effect__edi_legion_by_andrewryanart-d5ip2qu.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To update some subs
  • Image Credit:
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Lav-Ra
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins:
  • Average Lifespan: 3,000-8,000 years
  • Estimated Population: Inter-Planetary
  • Description: Rocky bodies that are shaped over time and smoothed from use. With features that are more fixed and created to observe the world rather then meet with others. The crystals that grow on their bodies can be ussed in lightsabers to give color to the blades.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Average Height of Adults: 2m
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Grey, black
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions:
    • Genderless
  • Races: Amberite: Lav-Ra who have eaten the amberite beings and slowly developed over their lifetime a near constant amber glow to their eyes.
  • Force Sensitivity: Force Dead
Strengths:
  • Long Life Span
  • Very Strong
  • Able to live in the poisoned atmosphere of Dariya
  • Resistance: They are somewhat stronger at resisting some elements but not immune. Electricity and fire for instance are not as strong but enough will eventually cause pain. Water is dangerous, if they fall in it and it is deep enough they will sink, if it is being used to attack them it will hurt getting into each part of their body. Throwing rocks at them will not hurt as much but bringing them against rocks or smashing them with huge boulders will be painful
Weaknesses:
  • Heavy
  • Fear of water
  • Primitive
  • Xenophobic
  • Isolationist
  • Dead to the Force
  • Slow: Different then being heavy the species is very patient doesn't believe in rushing or doing things... easily. They can often if it is a complicated decision take several years just thinking about it before acting.
CULTURE
  • Diet: They can go for long periods without eating food proper but when they do they eat rocks and crystals for the minerals. Slowly over time grinding them into dust in their stomachs until the dust goes into their bodies and gives them sustenance.
  • Communication: Verbal
  • Technology level: Below Galactic Standard
  • Religion/Beliefs:
    • The Lav's society is very hard to understand, mostly because unlike many species in the galaxy they are not nor do they care to interact with others. They live in their mountains mining and finding riches they can eat like force crystals. The living being amberite has found and bounded to them creating in some a glow showing them in the dark of their world and allowing those who have been touched the ability to communicate with flashes.

When they are born from the stone are dead to the force unable to feel the living energy with their bodies. They live but do not have blood, the crystals they eat and slowly digest having flavor but not changing their inability to touch the force. The large clans are divided into grand houses that are elected each term into power on a rotation. Their trade goods have little value outside of their society while each clan etches into their body on the surface runic markings.

When they live they live for their houses and honor them fighting against the To-Chw who live on the surface of the worlds. Long ago they met and faced the Ren and Go Nagai learning from them the dangers of trusting outsiders. With those experiences they became more and more isolationist and xenophobic, as time went on the Lav moved slowly and slowly towards just avoiding the outside world but staying and fighting against the large bugs.

With outsiders who find them they are neutral informing them to leave and never return, even offering injured or stranded ones help if they can do it but not being a space faring race or one that uses advanced technology for purposes they cannot offer a great deal. If the outsiders leave they do nothing but if they stay past being welcome or try and do more then allowed the Lav will react violently attacking them.
  • General behavior:
    • Slow and tedious, they are not a practical race using their life span and isolationist view to slowly contemplate large decisions that might have ramifications for centuries to come. They don't look or like the moment but what came before and worked or what could come and hopefully work. This leads to most races getting frustrated with them but they are aggressively xenophobic avoiding running into people on their world at nearly all costs.

The crystals they eat are for the mineral properties with the force energies providing a flavor (akin to MSG) over standard rocks. With no real digestive tracks in their bodies the rocks and crystals sit in their stomachs and slowly are ground through movement into dust that is absorbed into the bodies. The crystal dust making their bodies glow at the surface from cracks.

Reproduction for the species does happen, they do not mate or get together so much as gather together every seven hundred years to reproduce preforming a ceremony and forming in the rocks a rookery filled with stone eggs that will slowly develop into another Lav-Ra. The process is slow and takes near a thousand years complete and the new life is born getting larger over the rest of their lifetime.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Something left over from the system a long time ago, they didn't always live on the outlying and interior planets. They were on ships and scattered by gods from the sky as slowly over time they developed building tunnels deep down into the earth and making large cities that led to them encountering the crystals that were throughout the world and moons.

With their bodies moving around in the earth other species they were aware of but slowly and surely they avoided things coming to them, staying in locations others could not reach and being on the outlying systems they could avoid the dangerous things while dealing with other problems. The large bugs that could swarm groups visiting and attack anyone who proved a difficulty they were able to survive against.

They slowly developed a world working on the planets surface and digging deeper and deeper. They built a grand city under the one world and sealed the tunnels leading to it from the surface as outsiders came to the system, they brought war with their ships and encountered the dangers of the system. It was quite a sight to behold as the tide turned upon the invaders and they taught other species wars.

With the Go Nagai gone and their system taken by the Taungs there was a greater emphasis on leaving these other beings to handle things themselves. They didn't want to be involved and the ones who had been sent away recalled to worlds like Dariya. Their communications with the system willingly taken away so they could return to their lives instead of being used as pawns in another species game.

Their non involvement with the system extended for thousands of years and kept them... isolated developing a rigid system in their city and expanding outwards from it with large tunnels under the surface and massive cities they could live in. The Lav slowly grew more and more hard and adamant towards the dangers of outsiders ignoring the others these sith, these empires who arrived.

The Silver jedi they heard about when they came to the world were not anymore impressive as they moved about the world avoiding the creatures. They worked to keep themselves away only being found when a team came to the moon surveying it and studying the bugs that were there en mass and trying to kill things. Their time in the Asobi system generally ignored and given space.

With the attacks on the Asobi system the Lav-Ra were forced to survive... unsure if they would be destroyed like many of the worlds and hollowed out by the Bryn they agreed to be moved. Going to specific worlds to survive and living in the mountains in isolated communities by choice. The silver jedi helping and the Atrisian Commonwealth as they could provide if anything caretaking in those isolated mountain areas.

Last edited:
[member="Matsu Ike"]

So, I look at this, and I see mammaries in the source photo, then I look at the submission and see 'genderless' and I go... uh-huh, suuuuure, but mostly I laugh. Anyways, that's really insignificant, just thought it was funny, but it does bring up the point of contradiction.

Such as... you say they don't eat, then go on to say that they eat force crystals, even going so far as to say that they digest them. See what I mean? Contradictions don't look good, mate. They either do eat, or they don't. I just need you to be a little more specific, here, with the fact that these guys absorb, and that they have no digestive system to speak of because, well, stone, yeah? Consistency is important!

You also seem to hint at something despite their being force-dead... but for when they take in the crystals. Could you either specify whether they gain some temporary ability to feel the energies of the Force, or clear up any instances of this to say that the crystals effect no change in their force-deadness? Thanks.

Tag me when you've taken care of all that!

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

Edited I believe everywhere and more consistent. They eat but do not feel the force. Crystals with ambient force energy are just flavored rocks. that their bodies slowly grind down into dust and have go into their body.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu Ike said:
When they are born from the stone they are said to be dead to the force
The words highlighted in red make it ambiguous as to whether they're actually force-dead or not. Remove them. Leave the mysticism out of the facts, please.

[member="Matsu Ike"]
OK, so I’ve got some issues, and some concerns here.

First of all, if they breathe vacuum, how can they have a verbal communication system, since that requires sound?
If they live 3-8,000 years how do they reproduce, and how often? You additionally say they are genderless, but then say the voice pitch varies between male and female.

Next onto concerns. Silicon based lifeforms are tricky, and I see that’s what you’ve gone for here. How does the creature…live? What is sustaining them if not blood, and if they rely on grinding up the crystals by movement, how and why does this help them?

I’m looking to see a greater exploration as to how the species exists, what they do and why.

[member="Matsu Ike"]
I am not entirely convinced about some aspects of this species, but since those are not playable issues, I’ll let it slide.

However, I would like to know about elemental strengths/weaknesses, especially to fire, cold and electricity.

Also, what is their resistance to the Force like, especially for mental aspects?

[member="Matsu Ike"]
I'm not entirely convinced about the weaknesses, but I'll put a measure of trust into you here.

Abuse will not be tolerated and will lead to a re-judging.

With that warning noted, this is approved.

Submission Name: Tova-Ra
Link to Submission: Tova-Ra
Reason for Moving to Codex Modification: Update to new template

Submission Name: Tal-la
Link to Submission: Tal-la

Submission Name: Sal-Aru
Link to Submission: Sal-Aru

Submission Name: Lav-Ra
Link to Submission: Lav-Ra