Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Kiyron"] and I were getting ready to work on a development thread for a large vehicle to give the Republic a counter to the worms (and some of other large Sithspawn) that the One Sith have a tendency to deploy. But with my extended absence, I won't be able to complete it, so I thought I throw out there what I got started for someone else to use to either finish it for themselves, or to give ideas for another project that they may have or want to start.

Intent: To create a Tunneling Vehicle for the Republic

Development Thread: (link goes here)

Manufacturer: Lucerne Labs
Model: LLV-2
Affiliation: Galactic Republic
Modularity: None
Production: Mass (Minor?)
Material: Durasteel
Role: Underground Combat Vehicle

Height: 5 meters
Length: 17 meters
Width: 14 meters (with legs fully spread out)
Weight: 36 tons

Minimum Crew: 1 (Driver)
Optimal Crew: 5 (1 Driver, 1 Commander, 2 gunners, 1 sensor/communication’s operator)

Propulsion: quadrupedal walker
Top Speed: 60 kph

Armaments (mounted in same turret):
2 chin-mounted Beam drills
2 Indepedently Turreted Homing Lasers
Squadron Count: ???

Passenger Capacity: none

Cargo Capacity: 250 kg

Misc. Equipment:
-Fabritech 7000 Geoscanner
-environmentally sealed cabin / life support system

Strengths:
-can tunnel
-well-armored
-powerful weaponry

Weaknesses:
-Slow
-short-ranged weaponry

Description: The LLV-2 is designed as excavation vehicle to tunnel through a variety of mediums, based on experience with the MEMD-2 and other mining droids but adapted to a more military purpose. The LLV-2 uses a pair of chin-mounted plasma beamdrills to bore through and/or disintegrate rock and other hard substances. A pair of independently turreted homing lasers (like those found on the Homing Spider Droid) located on the back of the LLV-2 are used to help the beamdrills bore through materials, as well as vitrify soft materials like sand to form stable tunnels. When not used for mining, these mining accoutrements can be used as impromptu weapons, but are severely hampered by their short range. The LLV-2 navigates underground using a Fabritech 7000 Geoscanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom