Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladies and gentlemen, it's been a pleasure.

Greetings, loyal legionnaires of the First Order!

I'll cut right to the chase. After quite a bit of contemplation, I will be permanently leaving Star Wars: Chaos. This information may not be new, it seems news of my departure has already been leaked, as the new faction staff have already taken it upon themselves to remove me from staff. So consider this message just a formality.

I am not going to get into my reasons for leaving, there's no need for that. However, I would like to say positive things about The First Order before I leave.

When I joined this faction a year and a half ago, it was only three of us - myself, Natasi, and Aram Kalast. It was my goal to make the First Order the best faction on Star Wars: Chaos. Looking back at everything we accomplished, I think I can confidently say that we have achieved that goal.

The First Order has grown from a small faction which no one thought would survive, to a powerhouse. We introduced many ideas that have revolutionized how factions are conceptualized. Our ranking system has been a huge success, our organization has always been top notch, and above all else, our focus on faction lore has been second to none. We didn't just create a faction, we actually created an entire society. These were always things I wanted to see in a faction, and the First Order accomplished it.

Look at the First Order now. We have (as far as I know -someone can correct me if I'm wrong and make me look stupid) been the first and only faction to defeat the mighty Galactic Alliance in a Rebellion thread. Yes, I'm going to shamelessly brag about that - considering just a year ago, everyone was writing off the First Order as a "flavor of the week" faction! ;)

And - the current board event, the "Galactic Games", is actually a direct continuation of an idea that originated right here on the First Order (whether anyone realizes it or not). That's right, the original Galactic Games was hosted in Avalonia, by the First Order, if anyone remembers. Our influence is everywhere, and everyone in the First Order should feel proud of themselves.

I hope the new administrators will not lose sight of the vision we had for this faction, which is that of a clear hierarchy, clear organization, and a deep and interesting faction lore. That is what made the First Order stand out, and that is why I will say that the First Order is the best faction to ever exist on Chaos.

As for the Supreme Commander position, it is now open. You can read the official story behind Ludolf's abdication if you want, as well as the future of the character. This is my last thread on Chaos, and when it is completed, I will be gone. Ludolf Vaas is not being killed off; however, he should be considered completely inaccessible by anyone from an IC perspective. Long story short - he, along with his family, are living out their days in an undisclosed, classified location, under classified aliases, to keep Ludolf away from any of the First Order's enemies, who might try to take advantage of his brain programming to learn the FO's state secrets.

Well, that's about all. Consider this the end of my little public service announcement.

Hail the First Order. Hail Victory.

Cipher Agent Ludolf Vaas - out.

OK-3103

Captain Meneer Chrome
[member="Ludolf Vaas"]

I started with the First Order and my second character joined the First Order too. And my fourth (and I have a total of five).

I'm not convinced I have to say any more.

15690880.gif

:) :) :)

While we never had a chance to roleplay together, I did always enjoy reading your posts, especially in the Kaeshana Rebellion. I commend you for the work you put into helping build up this faction into what it is today. Take care.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"] [member="Marzena Vaas"]

Well. This sucks more than Jenna Jameson.

Thank you, and those who planted the seed of the FO, for creating such a warm and welcoming and fun place to write; something waning on the Chaos site sadly. Very little politics or pressure; just good direction, good people and good communication and support.

I remember joining the FO in the very early days with my Stormtrooper Kyle Amedis under the White Wolves and had a blast. Since then, I’m glad to have brought Connor over as everything about the Faction is just what I think writers need in order to excel and be part of a real good group.

I foresee the FO getting bigger and better, and thanks to the future Star Wars movies, ever more popular with people here. I think you’ve done a wonderful job, and your fingerprint will be on the FO for years to come.

The stories I’ve seen from both of you also have been great to see thanks to that key narrative; character development! I take solace in the fact you both can “live out your days” together. And because I’m selfish, I will never say never to you returning.

You’ll be missed, and I am very sad for the circumstances surrounding your departure.

tumblr_n1vgpuk4q31qfqrhgo1_250.gif

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]

Best of luck, mate! I'm very sad to see you go, as we don't have nearly enough good players such as yourself, but I completely understand your decision.

Your contribution won't be forgotten - as long as the First Order exists, you will be known as the player who helped it to its feet and turned it into a strong, supportive faction like no other!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom