Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Denied N&Z Project 2390 "Despot" Class Heavy Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
9300beaebba1b07a18a10e8ee7d16b83.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a heavy hitter for the Eternal Navy
  • Image Source: [x]
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source:
    • Various Cannon and Legends Material
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: N&Z Corporation & Select Subsidiaries
  • Affiliation:
    • The Eternal Empire
  • Model: N&Z Project 2390 "Despot" Class Heavy Cruiser
  • Production: Mass-Production
  • Material:
    • Impervium Reinforced Durasteel
    • Tunqstöid
    • Glasteel
    • Various Other Shipbuilding Materials
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Cruiser
  • Length:
  • Width: 420 Meters
  • Height: 200 Meters
  • Armament: High
    • 4x Dual-Barbette Super -Heavy Turbolase
      • Two Turrets Per Battery, Two Cannons Per Turret
    • [10x Quad Barbette Heavy Turbolaser Batteries
    • [
    • [
    • [
  • Defenses: Very High
    • Mon Calamari Grade Shield Generators (Ion, Particle, Ray, Energy, and Thermal Overlaid)
    • Star Cruiser Class, Military Grade Composite Armor
    • Integrated Artificial Intelligence Enhanced Point Defense Mechanism
  • Hangar Space: Base
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 0 Squadrons
    • Support Craft: 3 Squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Average
  • Hyperdrive: Yes
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average Rating
  • Primary Hyperdrive: Class 1.0
  • Secondary Hyperdrive: Class 4.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Hyperdrive Type: 0S-10 "Hermes" Hyperdrive Systen
  • Optimal Crew: 800 Droid or Organic Enlisted Crew and Integrated Droid Brains
  • Minimal Crew: 150 Droid or Organic Enlisted Crew and Integrated Droid Brains
  • Passengers:
    • 250 Security Droids (On Board Security)
    • 150,000 Battledroids or Organic Soldiers (Planetary Assault Variant)
  • Primary Power Unit: Star Cruiser Class Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor
  • Secondary Power Unit: General Hypermatter Reactor Equipped with Stellar Fuel Bottles
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Internal Advanced Systems
    • Molecular Furnace
    • Prototyper
      • Numerous Duplicators
      • Numerous Synthesizers
      • Numerous Placeholder
      • Numerous Garment-Fabricators
    • Internal Bridge Equipped with State of the Art Holographic Interface System
    • Advanced Communications Suite
    • Advanced Sensor Suite
    • Central Artificial Intelligence
    • Internal Ray Shields
  • External Advanced Systems
    • Numerous Sensor Drone Emplacements
    • Molecular Shields
    • Composite Armor
STRENGTHS
  • [+] Heavily Armored
  • [+] Cargo Super-Carrier
  • [+] Highly Automated
WEAKNESSES
  • [-] Lack of Starfighters
  • [-] Highly Automated
  • [-] Exposed Intenna Array
DESCRIPTION

Designed by Kuat Systems Engineering and Baktoid Fleet Supply, the Melodic Class Star Cruiser was envisioned to be a replace the centuries old Munificent Class Star Frigate in Techno Union mand Trade Federation flotilla's.

Taking into account the dangers of the galaxy on this day and age, in addition to the New Imperial Order's ongoing war with the Sith Empire, engineers within the Techno Union jumped at the chance to provide both the Order and the Trade Federation with not with a warship but a multi-role vessel.

Incorporating the very best of Kuat, the Melodic Class was the answer to the Unions quarry. Equipped with a healthy dose of weapons and with tough defenses, the Melodic is truly a sightmto behold.

While her agility was not top grade, the Melodic proved herself to be a fast starship during her initial test and was theoretically capable of surviving a ramming attack, yet this has never been proven.

In the end, the Melodic was more than adequate and was quick to be sold to the New Imperial Order, Galactic Alliance, and various other third-party organizations. After all, it was a cheap hut effective ship capable of a variety of mission profiles.

Last edited:
Tristan Evore Tristan Evore , it would appear that every link but the "sensor drones" is broken or non-existent.

Affiliation:
  • The Galactic Alliance
  • New Imperial Order
  • Closed-Market

• Production: Minor

Per our current rule set, minor production means that this submission can only belong to (or be used by) a single major faction. I think it would probably be easiest to simply change this to mass produced (though this will mean that a rating will need to be dropped somewhere).

Speaking of ratings and balance, this looks to be over-powered in its current form by one rating (this will mean that 2 ratings total will need to be dropped if it becomes a mass-produced submission).

• Hangar Space: Low
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: Squadrons
    • Support Craft: 4 Squadrons

I think we may be missing a "0" in front of the "squadrons" under the starfighter subsection. It's worth noting that a low rating for 750 meter starships is actually 3 squadrons.

Tristan Evore Tristan Evore , changes look solid and this is well-balanced now.

I'm not sure when this happened, but a bunch of the links here look they're gone (except for the sensor drones). Some of these aren't technically necessary if they're canon devices, but the manufacturers must definitely be linked to their company/faction page, and some of the Chaos canon tech (such as the hyperdrive) should be linked to their factory submissions.

Tristan Evore Tristan Evore , thought I'd poke you since it's been about a week. If you need more time to add the hyperlinks or make some other changes, let me know and I can move this to the pre-factory. Otherwise, I'll probably archive this if I don't hear from you in the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom