Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Krayt-class Light Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Credit: Here

dreadnought1.jpg

Intent: Expanding the Mandalorian Cruiser options with a Fast Cruiser and a dedicated Interdictor.
Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: Krayt-class Light Cruiser
Affiliation: Mandalorian Navy, Hyperion Security, Open Market,
Modularity: None
Production: Mass
Material:

Durasteel Frame/Spine
Glasteel Viewports
Quadanium Hull

Description:

The Mandalorian Krayt-class Light Cruiser is a recent development brought about by Mandal Hypernautics engineers seeking to provide additional support to the Mandalorian Fleet. Needing a Light Cruiser capable of keeping up with lighting raids and lacking a true interdictor for the Mandalorian fleet, several of the design choices were obvious for the engineers. What wasn't obvious was the choice of weaponry.

Originally wanting to pack in heavy weaponry to add a larger punch to a light fleet, engineers quickly realized that there would be considerable power limitations that could only be overcome by increasing the size of the reactor and reducing the speed of the ship. Not wanting to sacrifice speed for power, the designers turned to alternative options. Eventually settling for a mixed arsenal of light weaponry, the engineers chose to complement this significantly lighter loadout with an equally mixed arsenal of attack craft to support the ship and supplement its lighter loadout.

Classification: Light Cruiser
Role: Support, Interdictor,
Height: 200
Width: 200
Length: 450
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermater Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 2 (backup 15)
Minimum Crew: 1,200
Optimal Crew: 6,000

Armament Rating: 05- Offensive / 18- Defensive

Armament
In lieu of a traditional offensive complement, this cruiser instead supports a heavy assortment of anti-starfighter weaponry. A balanced mix of Mass-Driver Flak Cannons, Point Defense Lasers, and Quad Laser Turrets are positioned in broadside batteries on the port and starboard of the ship.

Hangar:
Two Squadrons of Fighters
Two Squadrons of Bombers or Gunships
One Squadron of Dropships, Gunships, or Shuttles
Two Light Freighters

Non-Combative Attachments:
(2x) Gravity Well Projectors
(4x) Tractor Beam Projectors
Encrypted HoloNet Transceiver
Standard Communications Array
Ray Shielding
Particle Shielding
Standard Combat Sensors

Passenger Capacity: 800
Cargo Capacity: 2,000 tons
Consumables: 1 year
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 5 (2.0 Guide) 9 (3.0 Guide)

Several things, did you perhaps mean Quadanium for your hull? I'm only asking since it's a lot more common and the spellings are almost identical.
  • You need to make a fairy large sacrifice in some way to field Gravity Wells, otherwise every support ship would carry them.
  • Support cruisers can only have 80 defensive guns, you have 100.
  • Lasers on fast-mounts don't count for half a capital gun.
  • If the frame is reinforced with durasteel, what's it made out of?
[member="Captain Larraq"]

Domino said:
Several things, did you perhaps mean Quadanium for your hull? I'm only asking since it's a lot more common and the spellings are almost identical.
  • You need to make a fairy large sacrifice in some way to field Gravity Wells, otherwise every support ship would carry them.
  • Support cruisers can only have 80 defensive guns, you have 100.
  • Lasers on fast-mounts don't count for half a capital gun.
  • If the frame is reinforced with durasteel, what's it made out of?
Lots of good points! I need to stop making stuff while I'm tired. I must have hit x5 instead of x4 when checking how many guns I could put on it.

I know that Ayden already said that he doesn't accept "light" weaponry as a modifier at this time, and I'm aware that Lasers are generally valued at about 2 to 1 turbolaser... Is there a hard mechanic / value for Fast Mounts being included on a weapon? I'm trying to get pretty much 100% defensive guns on the ship without actually trading over 15 capital weapons to 'however many' defensive weapons.

Would 24 of the fighters from the Hanger be a suitable trade-off for the Gravity Well Projectors? I was trying to keep the design very basic and vanilla (let be honest, for me this is about as simple as it gets) to have the ship specialize as a light Interdictor. If the 24 fighters aren't enough, could you give me a few options to pick from?

The frame is Durasteel. Grammar failed me on that one about as bad as math failed me on the guns.

[member="Domino"]

Captain Larraq said:
Is there a hard mechanic / value for Fast Mounts being included on a weapon? I'm trying to get pretty much 100% defensive guns on the ship without actually trading over 15 capital weapons to 'however many' defensive weapons.

Would 24 of the fighters from the Hanger be a suitable trade-off for the Gravity Well Projectors?
If the 24 fighters aren't enough, could you give me a few options to pick from?

The frame is Durasteel. Grammar failed me on that one about as bad as math failed me on the guns.
No but I'm trying to think of one considering their increasing popularity, probably a x2. Not implemented yet though, and honestly regular lasers don't need them, they're already made for tracking fighters and other small ships. Also remember that trading all or most of something incurs a penalty.

24 fighters would get you one, I'd recommend the capital guns for the second (they need power, fighters don't, grav-wells need a lot) or you could go with another 24 fighters. Like i said, large sacrifice. I'd also recommend reading about the 418 Immobilizer and it's weaknesses along with what it gave up compared to the Vindicator. It's a great side-by-side on the exact differences between an interdictor and a combat ship of the same class and I'd recommend reading about it to anyone thinking of making one.

Remove the 'Alusteel-Reinforced' part from the hull. The frame is doing that and better than alusteel.
[member="Captain Larraq"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom