Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korriban, ancient birthplace of the Sith. (Pm for invite)

Location: Coming into orbit over Korriban. Galactic coordinates: R-5 Physical Location: On board the bridge of the Doppelgangers Lament.
StarWars_TOR_01_1000.jpg
Standing at the end of the bridge he smiled under his mask, Korriban was always such an impressive sight even though he'd only come here twice before but he was sure it would always remain as impressive to him. "Sir we've exited Hyperspace and are now proceeding to orbit Korriban." Captain Pelarious said as he came up behind Erebos and stood at attention a few paces behind him.
"Excellent captain, Is there any sign of [member="Dar Moraal"]'s ship?" Erebos asked with out moving, his sight in the force focused solely on Korriban, a swirling mass of dark side energy the size of a planet.
'Korriban shall be as it always was. A graveyard for the darkest of the Sith Lords, still whispering within their tombs. It shall always be a source of evil, spawning threats throughout the millennia.' The words of Darth Traya echoed into his mind and he began to reflect a bit on the words of previous sith lords. "The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead." He then said out loud to himself. "Excuse me, my lord did you say something?" The captain said at his back, causing Erebos to sigh a little to himself as he began to walk towards the command chair on the other side of the bridge. "Nothing captain just reflecting on what a bunch of dead sith have said over the millennia." Erebos then said as he was sitting down on the chair, next to him Khanath reared his head and gave a slight growl at Erebos while the other two Tuk'ata, Dylsia and Grarad, simply kept sleeping around the chair. "Let me know when Dar arrives... or any other acolyte for that matter."
After taking on apprentices of his own, Erebos had seriously begun to give thought to becoming an instructor for the one sith as it was by far the most rewarding and satisfying job he had found after joining the one sith.

Dar stared at the beauty of Korriban. Being the first time ha has seen it he was amazed at the power hidden on the surface. The thought of all the ancient and forgotten knowledge in the tombs made him nearly leap out of his command chair in anticipation. "Sir [member="Darth Erebos"]'s ship has been spotted" Dar then turned to his master's ship. Opening the frequency between the ships Dar asked in his cold voice "When are we getting started?"

Erebos had fallen into deep meditation when he was alerted by the bridge staff about an incoming transmission. "Put it through." He said simply as he knew were the holo would be displayed but he was tired, enough to not even look at the world through the force, he was in every sense of the word blind. It had become his mantra to rest not use the force as constantly as he did to just be able to see, it was refreshing to him a sense of emptiness were he was at complete rest.
"I will send you coordinates to meet me at momentarily, the Valley of Golg is were we will meet. We should be there within half an hour if everything works out." He said before waving his hand to cut the feed, then bringing up a hand against his forehead. "Sir it shouldn't take more than fifteen minutes to get to that location." The captain said into the silence that followed the feed being cut. "I need to gather myself, the constant sessions with Muur are taking their toll, I need just ten minutes of uninterrupted rest."
The captain remainded silent before he placed his hand on Erebos's shoulder, the only member of the crew that could do that and keep the hand when Erebos was in such a mood. "If it's so consuming why do you then put yourself through this exercise as well?" "Simple... this is my rest." was the reply as Erebos's eyes in the force snapped open and he stood up.

dh3mes.jpg
It was a twenty minutes after that he sat meditation on top of a rock right before the valley of Golg's canyon start, it was a very long canyon as well as a deep one hiding all manner of secrets and knowledge from prying eyes. The sith magic runes that protected some of the tombs within the so called valley, in all reality it was a hundred or so kilometer long canyon that also reached 1200 meters in depth at it's lowest point. Erebos was in a fully absorbing rest meditation as he simply allowed his Tuk'ata to patrol the area around him to protect him, the only notice he got of [member="Dar Moraal"]'s arrival was when the largest of them growled at him.

Dar quickly bowed respectfully then tilted his head at the beautiful creatures. Another time. "Greetings [member="Darth Erebos"] I cannot wait to begin training in earnest." For a second he just stared out at the valley. Beautiful. This planet is the birthplace of our order. One day he would make it his. Grinning to himself at the thought. As he stared he could almost see rank apon rank of troopers. Fighting and dying in the valley below. The sky black with smoke, and the valley painted a glorious crimson. Such dreams to aspire to.

Erebos turned his head towards [member="Dar Moraal"] as he approached and allowed him to speak before he'd explain the exercise in it's entirety. Once Dar had finished speaking Erebos moved one hand towards the valley. "That there is the valley of Golg, it is quite long and deep. In there is the tomb of Dathka Graush, it is deep within the valley and protected by sith dead and other alchemical horrors brought forth during the golden age of the first sith empire. What I want you to do is simple, get inside that tomb and find and retrieve his holocron if you can find it, any other scrolls or items of knowledge will be... extra credit." He said as he chuckled a little then produced a small beacon from a satchel on the other side of him. "You will either compete with other acolytes or work with them it is entirely your choice. Currently there are troopers from my ship deploying relay beacons along both sides of the valley. This way your comlink will be functional during most of this and we will be able to communicate with each other should you reach an impasse or need me to translate any of the sith runes you will surely encounter. However do be aware that once you are past the first chamber inside the tomb we will no longer have proper communication, should you wish I can have a trooper come here with a relay beacon you will be able to deploy outside the tomb if you do not trust your own knowledge of the ancient sith language or their magical traps and practices." He then said as he gestured a little towards the edges of the canyon.
With a slight turn on the top he turned on the beacon blasting it's message to be relayed to the Lament and from there onto all sith frequencies earmarked for acolytes should they wish to test themselves. 'This is Darth Erebos, calling all acolytes that wish to test themselves against the harshness of Korriban, the birth place from which all Sith orders can trace their origin to. If you believe you have what it takes please by all means come to the planetary coordinates that come with this message.' This was the message sent out into the galaxy for all sith acolytes or would be sith acolytes to hear.

Dar actually felt ashamed at the fact he didn't know much about the ancient language of his order. However taking a trooper with him would be considered weak in his eyes. He will learn or fail. "I will do without a trooper." A thought occured to him. "I however may be able to take a beacon with me." Thinking on the other acolytes he was glad to be able to collaborate with fellow children of the dark side. To a certain extent that is. "[member="Darth Erebos"] Exactly how many obstacles would I have to crush down there?"

As [member="Dar Moraal"] was beginning to speak Erebos had begun to remove his mask to breath in the unfiltered air of Korriban itself. When the question of what Dar would face however, the mischief and darkness of the corners of Erebos's mind scratched at the walls of his cold rage. With a devilish sneer he turned his head towards Dar. "If I told you then this wouldn't be a test now would it?" He said before he laughed a little to himself before he cleared his throat. "I will tell you about the weakest obstacles though. Tuk'ata and sith undead might be on the.... so called menu for the day, then there will be the inevitable traps, magical and otherwise." He left out the possibility of a Terentatek and the gargoyles of the tombs as well as a few other choice things. With that he put his mask back on, not because he didn't enjoy the fresh air but that he was so used to wearing it by now that he felt like it was becoming his true face.
The beacon had been set down behind him and the female of his Tuk'ata, Dylsia, had curled around it and was protecting it as if it was her own cub.

Konrad was training alone when he received an incoming signal. Curious, he touched the screen of his wrist mounted DataPad to play it.

"This is Darth Erebos, calling all acolytes that wish to test themselves against the harshness of Korriban, the birth place from which all Sith orders can trace their origin to. If you believe you have what it takes please by all means come to the planetary coordinates that come with this message."

'Interesting,' Konrad thought, pleased with the timing of the transmission. As much as Konrad did not like to admit it, trains alone could be somewhat of a bore.

Tapping the screen again, he signalled for a Star Destroyer he had "borrowed" from the One Sith to land and bring him to Korriban where he would meet [member="Darth Erebos"] and other Sith Acolytes that showed up.

| [member="Dar Moraal"] |

"Ah I cannot wait to partake in the menu. Is dessert available?" Staring at the Tuk'ata for a second he was wondering how to get the beacon away from the thing without hurting it. Sticking to levitation he simply grabbed the beacon with the force and it flew into his hand. Nodding to [member="Darth Erebos"] he began making his way down the valley. Not running he wanted to save his energy for what he'll face in the tomb. Quite an exciting venture. Maybe if he was lucky his master would let him take a look at the holocron and whatever else he may find. Sadly he found his lack of knowledge around the sith alphabet appalling. Thinking about the possibilities of deciphering then he put a slight spring in his step.

Erebos let [member="Dar Moraal"] walk a few steps away from him before he used the force to grip him and pull him to himself. "That isn't the relay beacon you are to have, that is a signal beacon I'm using to invite other Acolytes to this location. Your relay beacon is about to arrive momentarily." With his other hand he moved the beacon away from Dar's hands and allowed his Tuk'ata to take it back and moved back to the rock Erebos was sitting on. A trooper came momentarily holding a satchel around his chest, inside that satchel was the relay beacon for Dar.
Once the trooper had handed Dar the satchel, he bowed to him and moved to another rock closer to were Erebos sat. "There you are now you can leave... that is if you do not want to wait for any other Acolyte that is?" He asked as he moved his hand down against the back of the largest Tuk'ata's head, Khanath.

[member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"] / [member="Xroghu"]

Internally slapping himself he quickly went into a meditative stance after taking the right beacon "I'll wait" Without another word he went to the place and began to sort out everything up there. Funny. He noticed a feeling he hasn't seen in decades. After realizing what it was he frantically buried and focused on gathering power for the upcoming task. His anticipation grew at the thought of the ancient tombs and the possible battle ahead. Opening one eye he stared at the Tuk'ata again. For a brief moment he thought about those rending jaws then quickly returned to meditating.
[member="Darth Erebos"]
[member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"]

The Star Destroyer landed a little away from the two Siths already at the stipulated location. Konrad disembarked from the ship and had it sent away for now. As he walked towards the two Siths gathered there, he recognised one of the two as [member="Darth Erebos"].

"Darth Erebos," Konrad greeted the Sith with a nod of his head and waited for the man to speak.

| [member="Dar Moraal"] | [member="Xroghu"] |

Erebos could feel [member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"] even before his ship entered eyesight but then again he was expecting more to arrive. Turning his head towards Konrad he nodded to him. "I am he, and you are?" Erebos replied to him as he placed his hand against his chin a little. "Hmm idealy there should be three of you to deal with this...." He said to himself as he then stood up and spun a little around as he got of the rock. "Now the two of you shall receive one of these" He said as he moved his hand and a lightsaber crystal seemed to appear in his hand. "It is a lingan crystal and with it your lightsaber will be focused through the dark side and cut more easily through... well what a lightsaber can already cut through."
With a simple move of his hand the crystal was gone. "Now what your mission will be is to enter the Tomb of Dathka Graush, retrieve his Holocron for me, if I get cheated on this aspect of this trial then... well." He said as he then pointed his hand towards a rock a little ways away and a red force lightning bolt charged from his fingers and blew the rock up. "Let's just say the rock got of easy hm? Any scrolls you find will be gone over by me, this is as much a trial as a treasure hunt for me and besides unless you know the ancient sith language any scroll, holocron or even datacron will be useless to you. What I can promise however is that in the future you will be able to come to me and I shall happily teach you something that I've learned from what you will bring me today. So in that respect consider this, the more items of ancient knowledge you bring me the more I will be able to teach you in the future."
At this point he stopped a little, allowing the blackened and blown out rock's image sink into the two acolytes minds. "What I will tell you know is that there is the Valley of Golg, a very long and deep canyon that hides the location of this tomb that you are to find. It is most likely infested with Tuk'ata and sith undead so do be careful and if you need my help or access to my knowledge you can call me on my comlink. However I would like to state that if you need me to come and help you out that will reflect on the long term rewards for completing this trial. Have I made myself clear?" At this point he also looked towards [member="Dar Moraal"] to be sure that he had also gotten what he was explaining.

[member="Xroghu"]

Still in his meditative stance Dar looked up "Of course [member="Darth Erebos"]. Crystal." Practically leaping up he observed the newcomer. Obviously someone of rank Dar withheld from forming an opinion of him just yet. "A pleasure to meet you I am Dar Moraal and you?" Looking at him through the force he could surmise that he wasn't very experienced but very potent in the force. Of course if he was an experienced sith then he wouldn't need to come to a learning trial such as this so inexperience was a given.

Xroghu pulled his hood over his head as he disembarked the salvager shuttle. The ship had groaned and shuddered upon approaching the red sands of Korriban and Xroghu was grateful that it had landed in one piece. He had landed far from the coordinates given by [member="Darth Erebos"], both preferring to walk the sands of the ancient Sith home world and to avoid the larger warships that had approached earlier.

The wind billowed through Xrohu's cloak as he approached a group of figures. Darth Erebus he recognized from the holo message, the other two were unknown to him but their appearance, stance and demeanour identified them as Sith.

"Darth Erebus", Xroghu bowed slightly, "I appreciate the invitation my lord, and I look forward I look forward to the challenges the valley can present".

[member="Dar Moraal"] | [member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"] | [member="Darth Erebos"]

"Konrad von Grimmelshausen, Brigadier General of the One Sith Army." Konrad introduced himself to [member="Darth Erebos"] and [member="Dar Moraal"].

Konrad nodded as he listened to Darth Erebos' instructions. The mission seemed quite simple, Konrad was not worried. Even if his connection with the Force was weak, and he was unable to completely rely on his skill with the Force, Konrad knew he could rely on his sword. He could sense the approach of the final acolyte.

[member="Xroghu"]

Having viewed [member="Darth Erebos"]' display of power from a distance, Xroghu decided he would approach the Sith Knight with caution though he admired his wanton use of power.

Xroghu took a moment to reflect and greet the other two apparent acolytes. As was normal amongst the Sith, the greatest dangers on this quest would likely come from the other acolytes.

Xroghu gave [member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"] a nod of greeting as he examined the tall human. His uniform, imperial from its look, was immaculate, the sign of a man driven by dogma and singular devotion to a cause. Xroghu met the man's eyes for a moment, it confirmed what he suspected, this was a ruthless being though Xroghu caught a glimpse of a great sadness as well.

Xroghu turned his attention to [member="Dar Moraal"] for a moment. Unfortunately his armoured and helmed form did not afford Xroghu any opportunity to visually assess the man, though Xroghu suspected the helmet the man wore was pirate or mercenary in origin.

The force may have told him more of the two strangers, but Xroghu decided he knew enough of the others for now.

Dar turned back to [member="Darth Erebos"] "Shall we get started then? I personally can't wait to get started on this little foray of ours." Glancing at everyone else he realized there was another newcomer. Nodding his head in greeting he gazed at the valley. Some say Korriban is a dead world but I would argue the contrary. Gripping his saber's hilt in anticipation of the danger and thrill of the task before them he begins to pace. The thought of the secrets down there and the ahem entertainment as well made him restless.
[member="Xroghu"]

Erebos nodded to [member="Xroghu"] as he approached and then towards [member="Dar Moraal"] and [member="Konrad von Grimmelshausen"]. "Remember that I can help you with any translations you might require but I do not want you acolytes dying on me so if you believe you are over your heads call me and hold out until I arrive. That is an order, also as it seems you've all deemed it to work together as a group remember that each of you has different skills and abilities and together you are stronger than alone." He then said as he gave them a dismissive point towards the Valley of Golg. "Dar moral has the relay beacon needed to contact me, just remember to plant it just outside the tomb once you've found it."
Those were his last words to the acolytes and he didn't speak until they were way out of earshot. "I just hope they don't try to kill each other." He sighed before looking towards the soldier that he had bring the relay beacon to Dar. "So everything set in the valley?" He asked and got an affermative from the soldier as a reply, this pleased him. "Now we just have to see how well they can work together."

Hm. Still he didn't know what to think of his "companions". Deciding to just wait and see he continued walking. Out of habit he gripped the hilt of his saber. Trying out the new crystal would be a pleasure indeed. Staring down into the valley he thought of the dangers ahead. This was going to be fun. Turning off the sound of his helmet so no one would hear he hummed an old battle hym he read about in a scroll he collected. Quite a fine piece of work took alot of blood to get it too.
[member="Xroghu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom