Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kenobi Padawan Tournament: Round 2 - Jacen Voidstalker versus Ardeo Sophos

3996009-2935232127-Jedi_.jpg
Description of the room: The room is a large, round training room. In the center of that room is a small pool of shallow water. Along the outer perimeter of the room there is a second level, though structural damage has occurred, causing several pieces to have fallen and leaving holes in the platforms. There are also large platforms and statues. Unknown to the participants is the fact that there are several panels in the floor and wall that allow the room to be shifted at the control of the judge.
ROUND 2: [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] versus [member="Ardeo Sophos"], judged by Kian Karr

"Greetings contestants." Kian said walking to the center of the room and glancing at Jacen and Ardeo. "This is the second round of the Kenobi Padawan Tournament and I hope you have learned a great deal about lightsaber combat in your first round."

"Let's have a creative, enjoyable fight!" Kian said clapping his hands together. "Shake hands and lets begin!"

I extend my hand out to Jacen. I give a lighthearted smile, that doesn't necessarily come from friendliness in this case. I have no intention of being mean, but This feeling I have that puts this smile on my face, is the joy and excitement that can only come from crossing blades with a worthy opponent. From what I heard about his previous fight, this is sure to be interesting. Both my sabers dangle from my belt clearly visible. I figured thaat would make the use of it more legal, and less deceptive. "It is a honor to meet blades with you in battle. I have heard you have great skill in battle. I am excited to test those claims."

After shaking hands I walked to one side of the water pool. The clear water is unmoving, and acts like a perfect mirror. I watch my reflection with interest. I look different than I did when I was first brought into the order. I have confidence, and a fire that I have never seen nor felt in me before. I grab my masters hilt, flourish it with a few twirls in my hand, then ignite the golden yellow blade. I'm done playing around. I will not make the same mistakes I did with Solia. I will not hesitate I will strike with speed and accuracy. "Master Karr. Before we stat I would like to know. What are our restrictions. Force powers, attacks, anything? I would like to know before I do anything." I stand relaxed with my blade pointed down. A slight smile creeps across my face. Based on his response my plan will fall into place.

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

[member="Ardeo Sophos"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

Kian smiled and nodded to them both in acknowledgement of the question.

"As with the first round, you may use force abilities but the focus should be on lightsaber combat. Unlike the first round, this room is designed for you to learn to use the environment to your advantage, so feel free to use it as you see fit." Kian said clasping his hands behind his back.

"Any other questions?"

"No master, no further questions." I smile with confidence. I come into an enguard stance, with my knees evenly bent to distribute my weight. I bring my blade up beside my head pointing directly at my opponent, ready for my favorite attack, a fast jab. This was a stance I had come to like. It wasn't particularly formal to one saber form, but I used it any way. For me it was sort of a mix between Makishi, and D'jem So. I moved with great speed and agility, keeping my moves graceful, but at the same time using that speed for attack some times, or being ready for a quick parry reposte. "I'm ready when you are" I say to both Kian, and Jacen. I test my force foresight momentarily allowing my eyes to turn gold, which had been a strange, but fun side affect to my limited foresight. My foresight doesn't allow me to see anything, but the immediate future. It is purely an in battle ability. I can see where my opponent will be, and what they will do next. I have gotten to the point where i can almost flawlessly use it with one opponent, but my skill degrades the more enemies I am focusing on. My eyes, and head will start to hurt, being unable to process that much data. Lucky for me there is only one of him.

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

Voidstalker remained in place, eyes closed. He quietly grunted as he turned his head to one side slowly, the again as he reversed the motion. His shoulders and neck were stiff from being the wrong side of thirty and regularly participating in the brutal physical training regime of the Jedi Padawan.

Jacen moved one foot forward at a deliberate pace, then adjusted the positioning of his rear foot. The padawan allowed his weight to drop a fraction of an inch, giving himself a solid, grounded stance, yet with the potential to spring into action. The older Jedi preferred to keep his footwork tight, as surprised as he still was, his last battle had been won through controlled defence and counter attacks, not acrobatics.

He rolled his shoulders a few times, testing how loose they were. A few popping noises emanated from the joints, but nothing more. Steady hands unclipped the hilt from his belt, but his fingers kept from the activation switch. As he lowered himself into his stance, so too did he immerse himself in the Force. He allowed the flow to wash over him, felt its guiding influence as his breathing slowed to a crawl.

Eyes turning upwards, he gave a subtle nod to his opponent and activated his blade with a snap-hiss. “To a good fight,” he called over the shimmering water. His mind was already plotting a little trick to start. His last bout had given him a confidence he hadn’t felt for decades.

The soft noise of creaking leather was music to his ears as his gloved hands tightened around the saber hilt. Jacen was content, relaxed, controlled.

“No further questions,” he stated stoically.

[member="Ardeo Sophos"]
[member="Kian Karr"]

"This guy is certainly good. He has an air of confidence that almost makes me loose my own. He is relaxed, calculating, and focused. I can't underestimate his skill. I may need my other lightsaber. I'll have to take a test shot, and test him out, I'll formulate my full plan after that, because if I'm faster than him I may be able to take the offensive, but if his attack is better I will have to beat him through parrying his attacks, and counter attacking."

all these thoughts run through my mind, as I wait for the bout to start. my eyes widen as a plan comes to me. I let my eyes drift to the right side of the pool in front of me, trying to falsely make my opponent think that is the direction I will go.

"If I go from the left, aiming for a high jab, and then shift and slide under him to take out his feet, while keeping a high guard to prevent his attack I might be able to bring him to the ground and one blow, from there I'll have to get back to my feet, and strike down, or try to hit him in the leg if he falls. I'll have to see how it goes."

I tighten my hand on my hilt ever so slightly, in preparation. I can tell Kian will call it any minute, so I allow the force to flow into my legs, to power them. I will need my signature speed, which I trained so hard to acquire. a bead of sweat trickles down my forhead, and I feel every it all the way down my neck. I smile, and I can feel a slight tremble, but I'm not trembling in fear....

I'm trembling in.... Excitment!

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Kian Karr"]

"Very well." Kian said eyeing the two of them and bowing his head. "Have fun." Kian said walking to a safe distance to observe the match.

"You may begin!" He called out folding his hands behind his back, eager to see how the fight would progress.

[member="Ardeo Sophos"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]​

[member="Ardeo Sophos"] [member="Kian Karr"]
Voidstalker stayed rooted to the spot, his eyes closed and his face a mask of serenity. The polar opposite of his sparring partner. He didn't act, he listened. He listened to the Force in the way he was gradually learning to. He immersed itself in its flow, felt its ebb and flow, let it guide his actions.

Gathering it around him, in a manner that his opponent might have sensed if he was relaxed and paying attention, he prepared his first move.

The telekinetic energy built around him, gathered about his body. It was on the edge of his control, it felt frenetic, as if it desired to be released. He waited to counter whatever action his partner took with the telekinetic blow. If his enemy readied to counter with an opposing force, he may well have been able to resist the strike that was coming.

Ooc/ Jacen holds his ground on other side of the pool, ready to strike as soon as approach,but not acting yet.

Ardeo let's the force flow through him, with a surge of energy, concentrating the energy in his legs, arms, and mind. This allowed for speed, power, and accuracy alteration. he was not using his foresight, but allowing the force to effect his mind, made the area around him clearer, and crisp. He could see his opponent perfectly, and recognize his steadfast stance. This match would not be easy by any means. There was no way both combatants could just sit around though, so with a quick series of back hand springs, he gained a little more distance, and landed in a crouched position. With a final surge of energy in his legs, but channeled some off into his right hand. He had a way of picturing the energy that was the force. To him it was like a fire lit inside his chest. He had only to channel the energy where it needed to go, the force around him was simply oxygen for his flame. It would be fast and furious. A quick rush, at high speed, keeping plenty of control to divert to the sides, or even jump up to dodge. The stored energy in his had was to either push his enemy off balance or to move his saber.

He was off, in a flash. making his way around the left of the pool. he closes the distance quickly, coming in line with his target, and bring his right hand up by his head, holding his golden yellow saber pointed straight forward. He watched intently to see what his enemy would do, his eyes trained on any movement that would be made, his legs prepared to change course in a heartbeat. He was no fool. He new his limitations, but also his strengths. Power was not his game, but speed, and accuracy was. He would outmaneuver his opponent, and overwhelm him in a flurry of attacks.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

[member="Ardeo Sophos"]

It ebbed and it flowed…it ebbed and it flowed…it ebbed and it heeded his command. Jacen had been practising using telekinesis on multiple objects recently, and it was time to put that into practise. He watched as the other padawan back-flipped a few times and then charged around the pool. A mindless waste of energy in his mind. Still, it betrayed a youthful exuberance he doubted he could match.

Jacen did three things in quick succession. His right foot came forwards, and he shifted his stance accordingly. Hopefully that would make the padawan think carefully about exactly how to time his charge, and perhaps even slow him down.

Then he launched a very weak telekinetic blast at the padawan’s body. It was about the strength of a mild punch, but his opponent would need to be focussed to really prepare for the strike. It was meant as a distraction, nothing more.

Finally, all his effort went into one powerful blow. All the concentration he had been building was unleashed….on the pool of water. A great stream of it gushed up and at the padawan as he ran next to it. A lightsaber could handle a few spots of rain, but unless specifically designed for it, would be overloaded by a large amount of water. At the very least, Jacen hoped his opponent would be slowed down slightly by drenched clothes and then on poor footing.

Perhaps it wasn’t entirely fair play, but Jacen didn’t perceive it was being outside of the rules, per se.

((You have my respect. That is a beautifully executed move. I was trying to think of a way to use the water, but hadn't thought of that.))

Ardeo could sense energy leave Jacen's body before he saw movement, channeling a telekinetic attack. It wasn't extremely strong, but he had no intention of taking an attack for no reason. Ardeo jumped up using the force he had built up in my legs. He launched into the air, well over the attack. It wasn't a huge shift in his offensive, his momentum still going forward, what he didn't expect was the huge wave of water to explode next to him. Ardeo had to act quickly. Deactivation would take to long, so he through his lightsaber over Jacen's head, making sure to keep it out of the other jedi's reach. It was just in time too, because with that the wave crashed over him. He gathered a wave of energy in his left hand. He could feel the fire burn and seethe with energy, it longed to be released, and so Ardeo obliged.

He let it shoot forward, carving a hole in the water still falling, and send a spray towards Jacen. Ardeo sped through this new hole. He was wet for sure slowing him a little, but he had cleared most of the water off the ground with his kinetic attack, and hopefully impaired Jacen's vision with the water he had sent. He was nearing the jedi now, and it was time to complete his attack. He grabbed the second saber he had started the match with, and ignited the green blade. Saber needs to be on to short out, and this blade hadn't been on. The Emerald blade shimmered in the mist still hanging in the air. He was right in front of his foe now, and he shot his right arm out, carrying his saber towards his enemies chest, farthest from his saber. This test attack had become a serious challenge, and he wasn't going to fall now. He had pushed through the last match, and he was gonna push through this. "No! I won't just push through. I'll win!" He yelled in his head.

Jacen automatically brought his forearm up to shield his eyes from the spray. The saber hissed as the droplets spattered across its length. A hot burst of steam wafted into his right cheek, stinging a great deal and almost breaking his concentration. He'd have to be wary of that on the almost inevitable day that he was forced to fight in the rain. Damn near always seemed to rain when fighting needed to be done in his experience.

His enemy landed back down on the floor, managing to keep his balance on the now slippery stone. One side of his face appeared blue, as the statue up-lighters cast their eerie light across him.

Instead of focussing on his enemy’s eyes, Jacen focussed on the feet. You could learn a great deal more about your enemy’s intentions from their footwork than their gaze, he had learned. Jacen’s saber returned to its original guarding position, but he shifted his feet a barely perceptible amount and then dropped his weight another inch or two, for added stability.

His opponent slowed and threw out a testing jab at the left side of his chest. Jacen’s saber came down and left, towards his front left foot. The blades crackled and sparked with the brief contact, as Jacen attempted to push his enemy’s blade out wide of the mark. It had been quick that strike, even as a test. Voidstalker made a mental note to keep his defensive blade work tight and controlled.

As his upper body turned to give a solid parry, Jacen allowed the momentum to continue. His left foot slid backwards, never leaving the ground by more than a centimetre. He then arrested the motion of his blade, smoothly transitioning into a straight jab at his opponent’s core. It wasn’t a particularly dangerous strike. However, by conceding ground and thrusting at his opponent’s core, he intended to either put some room between them, or put his enemy off balance. If he managed to keep his opponent at bay, his saber would hold the middle ground between them, preventing his opponent from striking directly at his body until his blade was pushed out of the way.

[member="Ardeo Sophos"]

OOC/ Cheers, took a while to think that one up! :D

Ardeo Was surprised by the quick movements of his opponent. He was certainly conserving energy. The jab to the chest came in a flash, the searing blade looking to find it's mark, Ardeo was determined not to let it, he dropped rolling onto his back, and pushing up with his hands. This launched him up and backwards, and through this movement, he kicked into Voidstalker's saber arm, hoping to either push it up diverting the blade, or disarming him. He continued his momentum, carrying him up and over, using this to get some slight distance between them, about 2-3 meters. He lands in a crouch on the ground, immediately putting his hand forward, moving his saber into a cross guard in front of his body. He let the force flow through his body, pulling the inactive saber left idle behind Voidstalker towards him.

The saber lept into the air, and with another flick of Ardeo's wrist the yellow blade activated, pointing at the small of the fellow jedi's back. He watched closely for the subtle shifts in his opponents movement. With an attack coming from behind, if he pressed the front Jacen would have to make a choice.

Ardeo took off, he tensed his back leg in the crouch, and pushed off with it, giving him a good start strong start. He let the force flow through to his eyes. Concentrating he let his force foresight activate, his eyes changing to gold, which was a side effect that had developed. He wanted one good shot at this. His force foresight was only battle oriented. He couldn't see farther than the immediate future. Some had told him that he should just drop foresight, and focus on other skills, but instead he had turned foresight into one of his best assets. It allowed him to see his opponents next move. He could only use it for so long though, so he tried to use it in spurts when he needed it, and now seemed like a good time. His plan was falling into place. He had thought of this the moment he had thrown the lightsaber when the wave of water had been coming down on him. an attack on two fronts. If he tried to move to either side, he could shift his attack, and if Voidstalker did make a clever maneuver, he would know. Step after step closed the distance between the two jedi. Ardeo felt a drop of sweat roll down the side of his face. He tightened his grip slightly on his saber, his right arm muscles tensing slightly before snaping out like a taught rubber band, releasing a 4 strike barrage on his opponent. He attacked four lines, high on the saber arm, moving inward, and striking for near the heart, followed by an attack to his forward leg, and then his center chest.

Lightsaber from behind kept it's straight and arrow course. it was aimed at the very center of the back, forcing jacen to make the widest dodge possible to avoid it. "Let's see how you handle this!"

His opponent flipped away from the basic strike. Pain shot up from his elbow like a jolt of electricity, almost forcing him to lose his grip on the hilt as the foot connected. Re-establishing his stance, he locked his eyes on Ardeos again. He'd been hoping to put a little bit of space between them, but he'd take a few metres certainly. The tip of his golden blade pointed straight for his opponent's chest, keeping it as an obstacle to stop his enemy striking directly at his body. He breathed out slowly as he reached a deep, meditative state, as close to the Force as he could be. Time seemed to slow.

Jacen's battlefield use of senses were a long way from fully developed. However, the sound of the saber lifting off from the floor was enough of a warning. What he did read well was footwork. His first thought was to work the angles, move rapidly to his right so that the saber and Ardeos were no longer coming at him from opposite directions. He silently chastised himself for not dealing with the spare saber earlier. It had crossed his mind to call it to himself and throw it into the pool, but after the water stunt that had seemed perhaps a little too unfair.

Voidstalker noticed his opponent shift the direction of his charge, and almost a moment later he himself stepped to the right. Ardeos was cutting him off before he even started to move. However, as Ardeos shifted subtly again, Jacen immediately moved in the opposite direction. If his enemy was reacting his his actions before he even made them, Jacen's keen eyes could see those changes which would inexorably change the actions he had planned. Perhaps this worked as some kind of feedback. By reacting to Jacen's planned changes Ardeos was altering Jacen's mind and changing the future again.

The saber came hissing in at his arm and a simple block held it off. Jacen gave half a step and kept his saber in the centre ground, so that the second strike come up short. However, Ardeos went for a quick low sweep and Jacen was too slow to react. The blade, even on training strength, cut through the fabric of his trousers and left an angry welt on his shin. Keeping his saber on a conservative inside track, he at least had time to block the final strike. The feeling of imminent danger grew in the back of his mind as the second blade lanced through the air towards him.

The veteran's first thought was to dive and roll to his left, but he saw Ardeos' footwork shift accordingly. With almost no time remaining, Jacen threw his left foot back and twisted his body with it, lifting his left arm.

It was too little, too late. The blade scythed through the robes under his left arm bit and bit deep into his skin, even as he used telekinesis to try and push it away from his core. Pain wracked the whole left side of his body, but Jacen had pushed on through worse. His own telekinetic grip wrapped around the saber and pushed it on, with Ardeos now on the line of fire.

In the absence of a net force, an object carried on with the same velocity. Even if Ardeos opposed him, the saber would carry on its path. Just because Jacen hadn't wasted any energy on acrobatics or words, did not mean he was incapable.

With his left foot back, and his body twisted away, Jacen swung with all his might from left to right. See how he deals with two threats, he thought. If he made enough room, he would leap for the head of the statue to his right, using the Force to aid him in the twelve foot leap.

[member="Ardeo Sophos"]

((Holy cow that was awesome to read! Give me a minute I am studying for an AP test, but I'll respond as soon as I am done! [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] ))

Ardeo's eyes widened as he realized his attack was now being used against him. His eyes narrowed, and his smile disappeared, as he concentrated. He didn't like to use force foresight for extended periods, but he had no choice. He cleared his mind focusing on the two incoming attacks. He couldn't stop both, and he didn't have enough time to get out of the way. He made his decision. With his saber in his right hand, he ducked under Jacen's cross swing, bringing him eyes level with the saber coming for him, his eyes showed him where it would be in just a few moments, allowing him to move, but the saber was to close, he didn't have the speed to execute what his eyes were showing him. He rose, turning his body out bringing his saber down on jacen's, which had continued it's motion away from him, there was a chance of disarming, since he was putting a lot of force on a saber that was not moving against him, but ardeo wasn't counting on it. unfortunately as Ardeo knew would happen the saber cut across his stomach at the same time as he was performing this move, it wasn't a cut because they were only trainers, but it did rip through his tunic, and send a numb feeling through his chest. If it had been a real saber he would have received a good cut, not life threatening, but it would have hurt even more than this.

Ardeo shot out his hand, calling on the force to pull the saber towards him. It halted it's course and began to travel back to him, finding itself nestled in his left hand. Now it was time to see if his dual wielding training had paid off. He began bring his left saber up to strike his foe, but his eyes gave him one final gimps of Jacen's next move, and Ardeo halted, jumping back. He closed his eyes for a split second, and they phased back to green, the gold fading away.

Ardeo's eyes stung a bit, and he was developing a slight headache. His power wasn't perfect, but it was effective. He hadn't wanted to keep it on this long, but had been forced to. "Oh well, I'll just have to wait a bit before I use it again. Ardeo brought his right hand up parallel to the ground, lifting a large rock up off the floor, he did the same with his left, and eyed Jacen with care, watching for what he was sure was to come, unfortunately if Jacen decided not to jump to the statue like the last glimps of the future he had seen predicted, than he was back in the present completely, and would be for a little while.

((force foresight ended. 2 user post activation time, and a total 4 post cool down time. 2 by user, and 2 by opponent.))

In his mind’s eye, the Force swirled around him as it reacted to his call. It built about his form as he gathered his strength for the leap. This still scared him, every damn time. People weren’t meant to sail through the air like this. His taught muscles uncoiled like springs, giving him the start he required. The Force gathered underneath him, and in one sweeping motion lifted him high into the air.

Despite his qualms, he judged the high nearly perfectly. His legs came back over his head, and round to touch down gently at the top of the statue. His angular and vertical momentum arrested at almost the same moment to give him a smooth landing. He had a plan in mind now, and just needed to gently nudge the battle down the correct path.

OOC/ Short post to give you an opening to respond. Apologies for wait, work has been insane. [member="Ardeo Sophos"]

Ooc/ no problem been pretty busy myself with ap tests. I made due on a naruto rp site :p I will post in the morning, I just got done with fencing and I'm super tired.))

"There it is! My eyes did not fail me!" Ardeo thought. Exactly as his eyes had predicted Jacen had jumped onto a giant statue. He smiled. "I won't be able to use my eyes again for a little while, so I need to make the most of this prediction." He brought his hands up, and the large stones hovering above the ground rose too. He concentrated the force for a large burst of energy. He made a diamond with his fingers, lining Jacen up in the middle. The rocks adjusted to his aim, and pulling his hands in towards his chest, he gathered as much power as he could. When he the built energy was adequate he released it in a extreme sudden burst, that sent the rocks barreling towards Jacen. Ardeo ran after them. "The rocks would throw his balance off, but he could probably dodge them with ease. I need to use that opening to strike." Ardeo quickly jumped onto a large lighting cylinder on the floor, coiling down, and repeating the action, grabbing hold of the guard rail of the ledge above him, after momentarily deactivating his right saber, a few meters to the side of Jacen's statue. He pulled himself up into a flip to get the extra momentum needed to make it over the rail. He activated his saber once more, and with both in hand he speed towards Jacen.

He came up behind him, and lunged out towards the small of his back with his left saber, keeping his right saber back in case he needed to counter or parry. He winced as the pain in his stomach rocketed through his chest. It had slowed his speed a little, but pain was nothing to him. If he couldn't deal with this then how could he ever hope to call himself a jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom