Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Ken Sol

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Intent: To provide a Force Master for one of a series of future subs. To also provide Sirius one of his ex body guards.
  • Image Credit: Here
  • Role: This character served as a bodyguard for Sirius in the past, but now serves as one of the Force Instructors of Setus Prime. Serves as a royal advisor to Sirius, as well.
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: 1 2

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

• Force Sensitivity: Master.
  • Species: Narrikian
  • Appearance: Sir Ken Sol wears a gray gi that he has hand sown. This worn by him all of the time. Ken Sol stands at about Five Foot Six. His hair is gray colored, and his eyes are gold in colors. Blue glyphs on his body show that he prefers the Light Side of the Force and is fairly good at it. Ken Sol has a set of Lightsabers belted at his waist. On his back is sheathed a katana. His gray hair is kept in a braid much like that of how a samurai of old would keep it. Ken is fairly well built, even if he is getting older. There are few wrinkles on his body, and there is very little fat on his body. He is 5"10 and weighs 165 lbs.

SOCIAL INFORMATION

• Name: Master Sol, Sir Sol, Ken Sol.
  • Loyalties: Ken is loyal to both the Narrikian Emperor Sirius Nova, and the Narrikian People.
  • Wealth: He has access to 10% of the Narrikian Royal Engineering Corporation as a source of income given that he is the bodyguard of Sirius Nova.
  • Notable Possessions:

Skills: Ken Sol is a Master when it comes to the skills of acrobatics and gymnastics. Where he truly shines is with the Force, however, and he has a good amount of techniques that he has mastered with the Force.

Ken has only one lightsaber style that he has mastered, namely Jar'Kai.

Ken is a master when it comes to a katana.

He is also a master with the wooden staff he carries.

Force Pull - Mastered

Force Push - Mastered

Force Choke - Mastered

Force Lightning - Mastered

Art of Movement - Mastered

Elemental Manipulation (Covers all Elemental Force Powers, Pyrokinesis, Aerokinesis...etc) - Mastered

Force Persuasion - Intermediate

Force Body - Master

• Personality: Ken Sol is an honor bound and grizzled veteran of many years. Very dutiful, Ken Storm pushes his students to learn more about the Force. Ken Sol is an individual who has a love of teaching people about Martial Arts, the Force and his own style of Lightsaber combat that he personally has access to. Ken is an opponent who while he uses the Light Side of the Force he will resort to dirty tactics on his opponents in order to win. While he has had a lifetime of experience, he knows there is always more that he can learn. Given he was recently reassigned to serve on Setus Prime as the leader of the Force Users at the Temple of the Sun, he's happy with that job. After all, he gets a chance to train a new generation of Force Users. Part of him misses when he could go out and do missions for the Emperor but he knows it's a young Narrikian's game, and so he's willing to adjust. Ken is rustic in that he doesn't like to use advanced technology such as the holo net or emails to communicate, preferring more traditional methods for that. Ken is also reluctant to kill his opponents, which is why he mainly sticks to the Light side of the force despite knowing that in order to have peace, one must be able to war.

COMBAT INFORMATION

• Weapon of Choice: Two Lightsabers that have an unusual guard on them. A Narika reinforced wooden staff. Ken also has a katana, made solely out of Narika that he uses. He has throwing stars as well.
  • Combat Function: The Force is one of the main weapons that Ken employs when it comes to combat against his opponents. As a user of the Lightside of the Force, Ken prefers to use Telekinesis on his opponents and redirect their attacks. However when up against other Force Users he knows this may not be an option. This is why he has learned how to use the Elemental Powers of the Force including Force Lightning, well light-sided variants of those powers anyway. This skill allows him to throw fireballs at his opponent, or jagged icicles. Really his style is made so that he doesn't have to get close up and personal with his opponent because he knows he would severely injure anyone he fought up close and personal due to his physical strength and speed. Yet when the times require that he does fight up close and personal, Ken prefers to wield his Narika Reinforced Wooden Staff over his Lightsabers, so he can avoid doing permanent damage to his opponents.

Strengths:

• Force Usage
  • Jar'Kai

Weaknesses:

• Unwilling to Kill
  • Limited knowledge of LIghtsaber combat.
  • Inability to Pilot Starships.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Ken Sol is an individual who had a fairly normal childhood, well if you could call being raised to be one of the Imperial Bodyguards of the young Emperor to be normal. Ken was put through his paces every day. Each day he was made from 5 in the morning until noon to practice with the Force at lifting objects until he could juggle seven boulders simultaneously with the Force. Once he could do that his instructor in the form of his dad moved onto other lessons such as teaching him martial arts, and many other skills that could prove useful. As Ken Sol grew older his dad grew older and decrepit, eventually having to retire from being a Man at Arms for the Narrikian Emperor. Once he had retired, Ken was 'advised' by his dad to get into the service of the Emperor somehow. Originally he had wanted to be a librarian of the Grand Archives that held a lot of information, but that path was denied him by his father who preferred he do something more worthwhile.

When Sirius came to power, he was about 105. Serving for five years as one of Sirius's top bodyguards he eventually earned any position he wanted. When he heard of the existence of the Temple of the Sun, he was offered a choice by Sirius. He could either keep guarding him or move to the Temple of the Sun and train the next generation. Accepting the offer of Sirius, he's moved to the Temple of the Sun in order to train the next generation of Narrikians in how to tap the Lightside of the Force. Since then he has begun to mentor the various groups that reside at the Temple of the Sun with the help of his proteges.

Last edited:
Sirius Nova said:
Name:Sir, Master.
Is this a typo?

Sirius Nova said:
Wealth:Fairly Wealthy, holds 15% of the Narrikian Royal Engineering Corporation Notable Possessions: [Again, please be reasonable. No holocrons of Force Storm, no private Super Star Destroyers, no canon items unless you've worked for them.]
He owns 15% of a company yet has no notable possessions?

Sirius Nova said:
Art of Concealment:
Sirius Nova said:
Atvas - V:
Sirius Nova said:
Nintonno - X:
I shall be consulting my colleagues about these. I'm not too sure if we're allowing custom Force abilities and lightsaber forms. Standby for review.

EDIT: I've received a "no-go" ruling for custom Force abilities and lightsaber forms. You will need to remove these.

Sirius Nova said:
Twin Rapier Lightsabers, Energy Bow, throwing stars, Narika reinforced wooden staff.
I'll need some elaboration on the rapier, energy bow, and throwing stars. Could you also provide a link to the Narika substance?

Thanks. Cover those for me and we'll get this approved in no time.

[member="Marcus Itera"]

I have removed the styles, even though they were a core part of the NPC's fighting style originally, so that has forced me to change that about him from how I had originally planned. I believe I've fixed everything if I haven't let me know.

Sirius Nova said:
Name:Sir, Master.
This still needs to be corrected.

Also, I'm tentative to let a master level NPC through when he's got a mastery over nearly every single Force ability he knows, an expert in most lightsaber forms, and has quite the sizable bank account.

Your skills and combat functions differ. I'll allow the Force skills to stay if he can specialize in one or two saber forms, since that's his preferred fighting style.

[member="Marcus Itera"]:

The access to 15% of NREC was to give a logical reason if he ever had to pay for repairs to submissions he will later be involved in, location wise. If need be, I will remove that though. Working on the other edits.

[member="Darth Prazutis"]

Marcus Itera said:
Your skills and combat functions differ. I'll allow the Force skills to stay if he can specialize in one or two saber forms, since that's his preferred fighting style.

I have also requested this edit as well. Please make the appropriate changes and we'll be one more step closer to getting this approved.

[member="Sirius Nova"]

Sirius Nova said:
Combat Function: Ken's preferred style is not to get up close and personal with his opponent but to zap them with the Force from a distance. However that is not to say he is useless should he have to get up close and personal. When he must fight his opponent close and personal, Ken uses the Lightsaber Style known as Jar'Kai for his own personal use on the battlefield.

This component, particularly for Masters, should be used to details strengths and weaknesses of the NPC. Given the characteristics of this particular species (strength with force, speed and physical strength), please take the time to flesh this out in this specific section.

Additionally, while your historical information is solid, we have to consider that this guy is a master with several different styles of force usage. Particularly that he is elemental manipulator and user of force lightning, I'm interested to hear how he taps into the lightside almost entirely yet still clings to these more destructive forms of force utilization. Please take the time to beef this section up a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom