Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Katarina Marine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
mass_effect_3_conceptart_Pph6M.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: Tech for upcoming NPC submission.
Development Thread: -
Manufacturer: Phenex
Model: Katarina Marine Armor
Affiliation: Katarina Marines
Modularity: Weapon load-outs, grenades
Production: Production: Limited (Only A Select Group Of NPCs/PCs)
Material: Flex-Armor, Durasteel
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 12kg
Quality: 8
Special Features: Security Alert Monitoring, Bio-Metrics, Encrypted Comm System, Thermal Gel Underlay, Data Cylinders, AFG, Radiation Deflection Badge, Electrically Insulated, mag boots, Energy Sink, Ranger's Compacted Pack, Arm-Mounted Datapad, IFF, Thermal/Nightvision, HUD With Ocular & Verbal Controls, EMP/Ion Hardened, Polarizing Visor, Shock Gloves, Sonic Dampener, Rebreather, Boot & Shoulder Knife.

Description: A custom order job from Domino, the Marine's armor is just for her ship. A much more heavily armored version of the Advanced Ship Suit, it's constructed and pieced together much the same manner but with a much thicker flex-armor weave and added durasteel plating in the torso, arms, and boots for increased protection. Also added were dedicated harnessing for ammunition and grenades in addition to a multitude of other combat enhancements.

Like the Ship Suit, the armor contains an extensive bio-metric system to prevent use by an enemy and will read DNA, fingerprints, pulse, and even voice to get a positive identification of the wearer which it will then feed through contact pads in the gloves allowing access to weapons and areas of a ship secured by such means. If anyone other than the proper owner wears the suit the all it's powered systems shut down and a security alert is immediately sent. Overall the Marine armor provides improved blaster and ballistics protection while providing multiple information feeds through both a HUD and wrist pad that doubles as the suit's control panel.

Designed around ship action, protection against vacuum and zero-g were incorporated allowing trained combatants to use such situations advantageously against less prepared foes. The rebreather provides up to five hours recycled air and protects against gas attacks and vacuum. Mag boots combined with the Ranger's Pack system allow a Marine to have stable footing in zero-g as well as exceptional maneuverability both inside a ship and out if the pack is worn.

Primary Source: Advanced Ship Suit

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Domino said:
Manufacturer: Phenex
Please hyperlink "Phenex" to the formal company submission.

Domino said:
Thermal Gel Underlay
I think this was meant to hyperlink to something else, but I could be wrong on that.

Domino said:
Power Gloves,
Domino said:
enhancing the user's arm strength
These features make this power armor, which requires a 10 post development thread.

Domino said:
Sky-Strike Jump Pack
Do you have a marketplace purchase post or contract thread for this? I ask because the Sky-Strike's listed affiliation is "ArmaTech Combat Systems". Otherwise, there are a fair amount of rocket, jetpacks, and repulsor packs listed on Wookieepedia. It's worth nothing that jetpacks require some sort of atmosphere in order to function, so if the intent is to be able to fly around in deep space, a rocket pack might be a better option.

Domino said:
Anti-security Blade,

I'm somewhat hesitant about this because of the risk for potential abuse. I'd like to see some caveats put in on exactly what they can do for this submission, or see them replaced with a different system (such as a cutting laser) that isn't as likely to be abused.

Domino said:
Weight: 8kg Quality: 8
This is pretty light to me for its quality of protection and all of its features. It's worth noting that the Sky-Strike alone weights 5kg, which leaves 3kg for all of the armor's other components. I'd like to see some reasoning for this, or see the quality and/or weight changed.

Okay, didn't do everything as I have some questions, but here are the changes.
  1. Added hyperlink
  2. That was the wrong link, fixed.
  3. What if it was just hand strength like a weaker version of a crushgaunt? And when did strength enhancement need a tech sub? (Leaving it for now as a placeholder)
  4. Switched to the Ranger's Pack. Phenex and Sasori belong to the same conglomerate and Matsu owns them both. Also right out told me to use it when we discussed it over skype. Uses Ion drives so it'll work in space.
  5. No more abusive than using a blaster to shoot out a camera or a breaching charge on a door or bulkhead. Probably takes longer too. This way I can close that door after so air doesn't vent out. Also might want to open locked doors on my own ship. That's just my thoughts on it, one thing vs several more destructive things.
  6. Changed the pack out and it's optional now, no reason to wear it all the time during guard duty. I got the weight from classic mando armor being 10kg in the template, so that's 8kg without including weapons/ammo/grenades/jetpack, and other 'in the field' gear like rations and water.
Let me know your thoughts on 3 & 5 and I'll make further edits where you think necessary.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Domino said:
What if it was just hand strength like a weaker version of a crushgaunt? And when did strength enhancement need a tech sub? (Leaving it for now as a placeholder)

Other than that, here is a rough standardization of what needs a dev thread.

Factory Dev Thread Guide
  • Anything created with restricted Items. ( IE A. The mining resource thread or B. Link to purchase of restricted item along with the sellers original resource mining thread.)
  • Anything beyond a canon precedence that does not have at the very least, three reasonable and balanced weaknesses to prevent powergaming.
  • Flagships. ( details here )
  • Stealth Tech.
  • Powerarmor.
You can find this in the Factory standardization of development thread. Generally speaking, any sort of user augmentation that could be used in combat will require this thread.

Domino said:
No more abusive than using a blaster to shoot out a camera or a breaching charge on a door or bulkhead. Probably takes longer too. This way I can close that door after so air doesn't vent out. Also might want to open locked doors on my own ship. That's just my thoughts on it, one thing vs several more destructive things.

I don't have an issue with their use if they're limited to the user's one ship; perhaps they're specifically calibrated to work on those systems only. My main concern is that they'll be used in a boarding assault on an enemy ship to handwave through their defenses. If you can address that concern in some way, I'll be fine with their use.

Domino said:
Changed the pack out and it's optional now, no reason to wear it all the time during guard duty. I got the weight from classic mando armor being 10kg in the template, so that's 8kg without including weapons/ammo/grenades/jetpack, and other 'in the field' gear like rations and water.
While there isn't a lot of a whole lot of regularity in Mandalorian armor, I'm not certain that it'd be equivalent to a 8 or be considered heavy armor. I see it as being medium armor typically. If we're looking at canon examples, Katarn-class commando armor weighs 20 kg, but it arguably provides a more diverse array of protection than this. Looking at previous Chaos subs, most quality 8 armors have weighed above 10 kg if they're not using special or restricted materials like phrik. I'd like to see this increased to around 12 kg.

Removed blades. I'll just be forced to do things the more violent and destructive way.
Swapped out gloves for non-enhancing ones. (Really wasn't sure which ones I wanted to use anyways)
Increased weight.

I do believe that's everything.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom