Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kataphrak Stage I Prototype (Droid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fSr1Eh5.jpg
Google Image tracked source

[SIZE=10pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] To provide the body for Kataphrak, an A.I. to be inducted into the Confederacy of Independent Systems as a player character. Created from a mixture of the desire to play a unique looking droid character as well as one reminiscent of the Dark Trooper design adapted and diversified from being an exact copy of the [/SIZE]Dark Trooper project.
[SIZE=10pt]Development Thread: To my knowledge of the rules it is unnecessary, though certainly will abide by any RPJ ruling. [/SIZE]
Manufacturer: Collaborative efforts of Geonosian Industries, Blas-Tech Industries, and the Confederacy's Research & Development Department
Model: Kataphrak Stage I Prototype
Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, copper, wiring, all sorts of fun silicons and whatnot for the internals of a computer.
[SIZE=10pt]Classification: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Class Three and Four, Sentience Programming[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Height:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]2.82 meters or 9'3''[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Weight: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]~1300kg (1.3 metric ton)
Movement: Bipedial and/or rocket propulsion.
Armaments: BTI-Reaver Series Repeater
[/SIZE], Liquid Flamethrower, industrial jaw, metal claws (hands and feet), and tail.
[SIZE=10pt]Liquid flamethrower: [/SIZE]
Projectile: Napalm jellied gasoline
Maximum Effective Range: 30-50m (Maximum range 80m)
Fuel Capacity: 6 gallons (without any external auxiliary tanks)
Rate of fire: ~0.5 gallons per second (30-50m effective range) :: ~.25 gallons per second (15-25m effective range)
Burn Temperature: ~800-1,200 C
Burn Time: ~30-60 seconds (without a flammable surface)

Industrial Jaw:
Crushing Power: 20 tons
Closing Time: 2 seconds
Weight: 125kg
[SIZE=10pt]Misc. Equipment: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Optical sensors (zoom, night and thermal vision), [/SIZE]local communications antennae/sensors, rocket thrusters, siren ducts, modular ports, and repair and power ports.
[SIZE=10pt]Description:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Kataphrak A.I. Assault Platform, short hand the Kataphrak, was designed and laid out by the Confederacy of Independent Systems as a multipurpose droid. The research put into the creation of the device and the great lengths made to enhance the artificial intelligence to the proper levels drove the cost to astronomical levels. What had started as a blueprint to replace the elite droids of the C.I.S. has turned into an attempt to create a war droid to match the ferocity of the great war machines of the past. It has become a spiritual successor to: the great assassin droids of old, the Dark Trooper project, the Yuuzhan Vong Hunter One combat droid, and to mechanical monsters of Grievous and Vader. The droid will eventually take technology from many of the successful platforms to combine them into a war machine created by a joint venture of the Confederacy of Independent Systems' industrial powers. With the great costs, the device has been kept under top security and the blueprints lay with a select few who are restricted to the facility and left off the grid for external communication. The Kataphrak's purpose has transformed from only being a hard hitting and lethal elite unit to attempting to make technological strides in artificial intelligence for future war droids to benefit from. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The Kataphrak is designed perform in junction with flesh and blood special forces to better coordinate droids for missions, able to coordinate lesser droids that are otherwise incapable of performing the required battlefield needs. The platform itself is light on advanced sensor equipment to keep all available space for weaponry and more battle needed equipment. Instead short range communications are provided to help coordinate it and gain better battlefield awareness. It can be augmented through additional attachments and equipment to provide long range communications and become more specialized depending on the needs of the mission. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The Kataphrak is limited by it's current levels of technology during the prototype development and will need further stress testing and/or battlefield experience to solve the extra demands the frame may take. It is also prototyping a concept of additional modification kits to allow it to be more flexible in combat situations. These modifications are still in the early stages of development and will be applied to the Kataphrak's arsenal upon competition and as the need arises. [/SIZE](Additional Technology Submissions)

[SIZE=10pt]The Kataphrak was designed to incorporate a draconic appearance for sociological and intimidation tactics, as well as providing a versatile platform for weaponry and aerial equipment to be implemented. It has been designed to be a visible war machine with the intent to cause highly visible havoc to draw attention to itself. The Kataphrak is designed with shock tactics and :[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Kataphrak head:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Kataphrak head is largely one solid object. While it does retain hinges to open the mouth, it is rarely done so unless the devices stored inside are necessary as funds spent on visual moving parts during communication seemed unnecessary. The jaws are capable of providing industrial strength crushing power when necessary. The industrial jaws are utilized to allow for destruction of critical components on vehicles in combat or for situations of sabotage against vessels that are in starports. They have enough strength to crush through infantry armor though the primary purpose is for use against armored vehicles and destruction of property. There are two extensions to either side of the head that are referred to as horns and provide additional storage for internal components. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Optic Mounts: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Standard optical sensors with zoom capabilities[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Night vision[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Thermal vision[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Oral Mounts[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Liquid Flamethrower[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Horns[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Flamethrower fuel packs[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Local communication antenna/sensors[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Kataphrak wings:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Kataphrak’s wings are designed primarily for short sprints of high speed or short range flight and maintaining a hovering position rather than long distance travel. These can be augmented with the appropriate kits to allow for prolonged flight, space combat, aerial reconnaissance and insertion. The standard wings are flexible at the shoulder mount and a meter in. The break a meter in allows for the Kataphrak to change the wing configuration to adapt to tighter spaces or to more properly align for entering and exiting a aerial dive. The default kit’s wings provide a span of 6 meters when fully extended. They usually rest folded over and vertical to limit the amount of space when not in use. In an emergency, the wings can be explosively removed to provide a surprise attack on an opponent or an opportunity to get away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The Kataphrak's top climb speed is 140kmh(standard gravity), a top vertical speed (in atmosphere)[/SIZE] of 220kmh, and a controlled dive speed of 450kmh. The Kataphrak is not designed to operate as an anti-fighter in any aerial or space combat zone as it is neither maneuverable enough nor equipped with powerful enough engines or weaponry to engage against fighter craft. The Kataphrak platform is not designed for long periods of sustained flight. It has a maximum effective flight range of 4.16km without externally mounted fuel tanks. For missions requiring long distance travel from insertion into the mission, external fuel tanks are a requirement for entry exceeding these ranges. The primary purpose for flight capability is aerial insertion/assault and closing distance across the battlefield quickly.
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Wings[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Built in rocket thrusters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Fuelcell storage[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Kataphrak Tail:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The Kataphrak’s tail gives an excellent platform for the C.I.S. to further augment the Kataphrak’s offensive and defensive capabilities. The length stretches out to 3 meters and it is flexible enough to be used as an offensive weapon in close quarters. The tail is heavy and used primarily in sweeping attacks at an enemy, using the force of the impact to crush armor or the occupant, or against heavier foes, to kill with physical trauma rather than needing to break through their armor. The end of the tail splits open to reveal a modular weapon port and the length of it can have equipment strapped onto it. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Tail Length[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Melee weapon[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]BTI-Reaver Series Repeater[/SIZE]

Kataphrak Core:
The body of the Kataphrak holds the battery systems and A.I. programming that allow the Kataphrak to perform. Within it is a black box that can be recovered in the case of destruction of the A.I. platform. The various ports for recharging power cells and regular maintenance are covered by a retractable chest mount that can only be accessed by the A.I. or opened manually during a powered down state. Beside housing critical functions for the actions of the A.I. and the body, the Kataphrak's core houses the mounts for the specialization kits that are to be further developed as the Kataphrak's testing continues. There are two chest mounted ducts that help for cooling during high speed and upon activation, can reroute some of the air through sirens for physiological effects of an impending assault. This is particularly effective in low visibility situations.
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Torso[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Cooling and siren ducts[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Flamethrower fuel packs[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE]A.I. processors and other related equipment
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Fuelcell storage[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Repair and power ports[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Modification mounts[/SIZE]

As of this time, the Kataphrak is in an early release stage designed for testing an emergency combat situations or training against low level opposition to test basic functions. The large size of the Kataphrak makes for a easy target for heavy weaponry when on the ground and struggles in close quarter combat where the walls and ceiling are too strong to easily push through during combat. Smaller, more nimble opponents can take advantage of this and draw the device into tight quarters where they could get the device wedged into a corridor and attack at their leisure. As a droid, the Kataphrak is also vulnerable to ion based attacks as it doesn't currently have any built in shielding to counter such assaults.

A tactical recommendation is to keep the Kataphrak out in the open for combat and to allow for quick and precise assaults before withdrawing and allowing other infantry to take the field. If a prolonged engagement in close quarters is expected, the Kataphrak should be accompanied by a commando unit or smaller droids to defend the flanks and rear of the platform from quicker opponents.

*It should be noted that the Kataphrak's internal machinery is not silent. The sound of the machinery moving appendages can be heard as the unit moves about.

O.O

I remember this sub when it was a baby in a google doc.

Anyways, I'd like to see some more detail added on the flight mode @[member="Torjesgo"]. You're within the rules as this is an A.I. based in a droid and I know you are planning on adding on to this player character through a series of development threads and that this is the basic model. The weaknesses are aplenty, and you really took the time to work on this.

• I need range on that liquid flamethrower and more details such as how long it fires and what not. Give me details please. You know I'm a weapon junkie.
  • I also need the flight modes detailed further, like speed and such. How long it can fly, weaknesses and such. I can imagine this thing isn't the most graceful thing.
  • Also, need more detail on the other weapons as well. Sorry, but with something this massive if you want it approved this sub is going to reach "monstrous" levels of length.

@tag me and we will further look at this.

@[member="Kataphrak"] Quick question before I give this a stamp. What path are you hoping to take with this? I'll approve the base platform as simple ion canons can take this massive beast down, or just get it in a tight space and attack it from the sides. I also see you're using one of my guns for the tail, so are you going to add armaments or make it better at flying? I know this is to be purely unique, but if your intent is to get these mass produced I will put the brakes on this right now as much as I love this submission.

Also, for transparency I did help work on this sub a few months ago. I would like for another RPJ to come in and review the edits I've asked and see if there is anything else they'd like done to it. I just ask that I get to stamp it....because well I love doing that. :p

@[member="Darron Wraith"]

Absolutely no intention to have anymore than one of these guys running around. The only time something will be produced will be to turn it into an upgraded state.

The goal is to create a monstrosity that may end up as feared and respected as a Grievous type character in the battlefield while exploring the limitations an A.I. (droid) has outside of combat in it's lack of understanding culture beyond what it is told to think and the necessities of organic life.

@[member="Kataphrak"] I figured as such, just needed it here in this submission should an issue ever arise. That being said, are you shooting for the route of dev thread for each upgrade? Or mass upgrades per thread? With something like this, I'm going to request the longer road be taken. I respect that you're starting at the bottom with this, but if you want to end up there I'd like substantial work.

@[member="Darron Wraith"]
Any and all upgrades will be done with adequate amount of dev substance comparative to the upgrade. I'll make sure to communicate with RPJs to ensure just how much is needed if the upgrade is greater than, say, changing the tail gun to something else would require a basic dev thread.

Dev threads may not specifically be labeled as such, but anything where potential upgrades may arise from I will ensnare into a collection and likely summarize in a blog format for easy discovery of where what ideas came from and to have it all placed in a centralized location for easy access by anyone curious about the evolution of the Kataphrak platform.

Anything of "Mass" upgrades will be a collection of threads that don't lead to any actual changes, but would be reflected all as one upgrade with a link for each "upgrade dev thread" linked. Hopefully that makes sense.

Good, I know we've communicated this in private. I just wanted it on record with this submission, now just waiting for another to have their say and we will hopefully expedite this "monstrous" sub. @[member="Kataphrak"]

Okay, my two creds is this:

Damn fine sub by the way. Love when someone goes to such detail. <3

My only issue as it stands is the crushing power of the jaw. 30 tons = 60,000lbs. Basically not a thing it can't eat. Even at 20, or 15, you'll be hard pressed to find something it cant just completely crush. Drop that down, to one or the other and I'd be happy to stamp it and let you loose.

@[member="Kataphrak"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom