Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kaine Zambrano's Sith Amulet

Status
Not open for further replies.
004_by_derkater-d6bj3ug.jpg

http://derkater.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Elfin-Silver-Pendant-with-Ruby-382164280
Intent: To assist Kaine Zambrano in covert action and long-term secrecy.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/20761-they-speak-in-blood-listen-rave/ (concluded, 18 posts)
Manufacturer: Rave Merrill and Kaine Zambrano
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Alchemized durasteel, Corusca gem
Description: In the grand scheme of things, Kaine's Sith Amulet is a relatively minor creation, comparable to the Rings of Aza'zoth. Its main function is to hide his Force presence in the manner of a Force Disperser or the Amulet of Kalara. More effective than a taozin-flesh amulet, which merely muffles the wearer's Force presence and can be overcome by a competent Force tracker, Kaine's amulet nullifies the presence of the wearer, as well as any Dark Side artifacts on his person (apart from top-tier artifacts such as the Darkstaff, the Soulsaber, etc.). Unlike a full-scale Force Disperser, however, Kaine's amulet does not extend that effect to nearby Dark Side items. Also, significant Force use on Kaine's part will breach the dispersion effect and allow others to sense the Dark Side at work. Unlike most Sith amulets, this one will not enhance its wearer's power: It was made for a single purpose.

The amulet was forged with a small amount of Rave's blood, as many alchemical rites require blood. Otherwise, it is merely alchemized metal with an ornamental Corusca gem. The mount is sturdy enough that the amulet can function as a last-ditch tool: Careful, high-pressure application of the gem can score through most metals.

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

Alright, let's get this show on the road! :)

To begin, I looked into the Wookie articles about Taozin amulets and the Taozin species. They way you've described the capabilities of the canon amulet is off ever so slightly, as it's described as having the ability to completely hide it's wearer's force presence. If you could, would you mind tweaking that line so there's no confusion on the matter.

Second, I request that you add in the word "minor" in terms of the Dark Side artifacts that can be masked whilst on Kaine's person. My reason for this is, as it's currently written, if Kaine were to have the Soulsaber or Darkstaff on his person, their presences would be masked. This is a possibility that I am uncomfortable with. I can see a Sith Sword being masked, or anything around that level, hence the "minor" label, but anything above that I am not comfortable with being cloaked.

All in all, a solid submission. Make these tweaks and you'll get the stamp, a greatful Vornskr, and a cookie. :)

@[member="Darth Metus"] - I've read both of the original novel sources which created both the taozin and the taozin amulet, and it's the Wookieepedia entry which is slightly off. In fact, the whole ending sequence of Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter would be negated if that were true. Your call.

Edited to exclude items of the scale of the Soulsaber and the Darkstaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom