Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech K07-E7 Blaster Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooling System
alex-senechal-op-rear-open-1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Valkori Technologies.
  • Model: K07-E7 Blaster Rifle
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Modularity: Minor
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Blaster Components, Durasteel.
  • Market Price: 1,500 credits.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster Rifle
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 1.32 m
  • Weight: 4.8 kg
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Gas Canister.
  • Ammunition Capacity: 40 before a recharge period of 5 seconds. Individual power cell last depower by a small amount ever recharge period, losing lethality around 600 shots and ceases to function at 640 shots before the power cell needs to be replaced.
  • Effective Range: 150 metres up to a maximum of 360 metres.
  • Rate of Fire: Can swap between fully automatic, burst, or single shot.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Auto-Coolant: When the rifle overheats from prolonged use, the length of the barrel folds into two separate parts that raise vertically to allow it to cool down and prevent damage to the weapon lasting for a recharge period of 5 seconds though time can be prolonged or shortened depending on climate.
  • Stun Setting: The weapon can be set to a stun setting for use in-nonlethal combat.

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES

Strengths:
  • (+) Blaster Rifle: Though a bit stronger than the normal rifles, it still has most of the traditional strength and weaknesses of a normal blaster rifle.
Weaknesses:
  • (-) Overheats: When in prolonged use the weapon must raise it's barrel to cooldown before firing can continue, replacing the need to recharge or reload the weapon for a longer period of time. However if the cooling barrels are jammed or otherwise prevented from opening and in rare cases can cause the weapon to explode. This is also affected by the weather in extreme cold the weapon can go down to a recharge period of 3 seconds but the Power Cell wears faster only lasting around 320 shots and in a zone of extreme heat the recharge time goes up to 8 seconds.

DESCRIPTION
Originally created by Valkori Technologies for the express intent of being used by local forces, the company has recently forayed into external business ventures. The first step of this was to increase the size of production of their most produced weapon, and ship them off-world to other business' and markets. The weapons can be found in a variety of combat; ranging from local police faction that use variations with a smaller power cell that makes them more suited for a local police organization than open warfare. However most of the weapons are used for militias of any size, being found in most combat functions of the Zakuul government. Since the gun uses a cooling system in place of traditional reloading or recharging systems it allows for a lighter carrying load on soldiers, allowing the to be less overloaded in combat situations and having more free use of movement.

[member="Kailari Selanno"]

Kailari Selanno said:
Ammunition Capacity: 40 before a recharge period of 5 seconds.
Does this mean that, effectively, after a 5-second recharge, the ammo is replenished as if the canister and pack is brand new, thus essentially making the ammunition capacity infinite? It seems like it, so I will need this confirmed before I know fully how to address the balance of this.

Kailari Selanno said:
Auto-Coolant: When the rifle overheats from prolonged use, the length of the barrel folds into two separate parts that raise vertically to allow it to cool down and prevent damage to the weapon.
Approximately how long does this state last, and does it impact the function of the weapon to engage in this Auto-Coolant mode?

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

Added mention of power cell limit of 600-640 and average 5 second recharge time to relevant areas: Technical Specifications, Special Features, and Weaknesses.

Also added a mention of difference of weapon performance under certain extreme climates that change power cell limit and recharge time to add some variety and flavour weapon.

Changed the production of the weapon to mass-produced to serve it's purpose as the main weapon of the business and added Modularity, which I had forgotten.

[member="Kailari Selanno"] - I'm going to have to ask for some sort of ammo cap. Gas is not finite, and blasters work off of gas. I don't mind a large capacity, but it needs a significantly longer recharge time than 5 seconds, and some sort of capacity. Get back to me with those figures adjusted and/or added and we'll see where we stand.

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

The Ammo Capacity is fourty, needing the mentioned cooldown period when these fourty shots are used. I have no problem with adding more time to the cooldown period of the weapon, but it seems unnecessary as it is essentially just a replacement for reloading.

The max capacity is the aforementioned 600-640 shots after which the Power Cell either needs a fully recharge at a station or to be replaced, levelling out the high capacity with the fact that it has to be essentially replaced when the limit is reached making it weaker than other blaster rifles for prolonged combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom