Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just follow the Crowds... (Completed)

Tirahnn. Tirahnn. Katrine had read about it more than once. The Great Fair was pretty well known. She always wanted to go there but she never said anything. She just put it down as somewhere she wanted to go alone when she was old enough. Well, she was old enough now. And Mommy and Daddy weren't around for her to tell them about it. They weren't there to tell she can't go either. They probably wouldn't do that but Katrine didn't really see much of the galaxy on her own. But then something happened. Something that made her do this.

Do what, you're probably asking? Simple. Went back in time to find someone who was lost. Someone who was supposed to be with her and her parents. Instead, Mommy started remembering Chloe when she was much much younger. How it had happened, Mommy didn't say but the memories were starting form and Katrine realized Chloe wasn't just off somewhere, she was way back when. Where she shouldn't have been. So, here the little redhead was, exiting a public transport as the doors opened and passengers were let off by the captain.

Why was she on a public transport? Well, that was something she was probably going to get in a lot of trouble for with Daddy if she ever came back home. If she ever found away. You see... Katrine might have borrowed something that bellowed to her Father and she kind of crashed it... she'd actually barely made it out alive from it. Sheer dumb luck if Kat was honest about it. Nothing more. Unfortunately, the ship was not lucky. At least she had managed to crash it somewhere where it not too many question were asked. So yes, now she was reduced to public transport, with a backpack on her back and thankfully credits that were currency even in this past. Sheer dumb luck, all of it.

And she still had no clue where to look for Chloe. And sadly, her attention deficit hyperactivity thing... well, it didn't keep her focused on the task at hand for too long. She'd remember it eventually and go back to her search but right now, there was Tirahnn. The Great Fair. Lots and lots fun. That was her attention now. And thankfully, she didn't have to look long, from what she remembered it was a pretty big thing and the city proved it so quickly. Katrine just had to follow the crowds.

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Already at the reknowned fair, Thurion stopped by only to purchase some provisions and necessary goods for the near future. He'd bought all the food he and his fellow passengers would need for the months to come, as well as some new clothes and little things good to have at the ready for certain situations. As he passed one of the stalls, he noticed a wonderful dress tailored for little children. It was of the lightest blue colour imaginable, and the fabrics were of the softest material. "Nina would love this", he said to himself before noticing the price tag. It was just the amount of credits he had left on him, which forced upon him the worst of choices; he wished nothing more than to bring something nice back for his little girl, but the credits could be spent on something a bit more useful. He wasn't swimming in them, to say the least, as he had no source of income and many expenditures to tend to. As heartbroken as it made him, he frowned as he turned away from the stall owner, and began to make his way through the busy fair back towards the Space Port, with all his goods in his arms. Needless to say it was difficult for him to see where he set foot, and on a number of occasions he accidentally walked straight into other people enjoying the fair, and a few times toes were stepped on too.

The culmination of this spectacle came into play when the Knight accidentally bumped into a certain red-headed young woman who also happened to be at the fair at that very moment. This time gravity put a stop to the nonsense, and made it so Thurion tripped and fell backwards with all his purchases scattering across the ground, much to the amusement of various onlookers. He swiftly sat up, looking over at the person he'd bumped into. "Miss, I'm so very sorry! I'm so very clumsy... Did you hurt yourself?" Upon further inspection, he found that his head ached something fierce from the fall, and so started rubbing the back of his head as he spoke to her.

@[member="Katrine Van Derveld"]

That bump had actually been totally Katrine's fault. She could have prevented it if she thought about it, stepped to the side to avoid it. But truth was... the action was completely dictated by what had happened some minutes before that.

It was about that adorable little dress. Katrine had spotted it some second before the tall man did. It was certainly pretty and it reminded her from when she was a little girl. Mommy loved getting her dresses like that. Said it was because of her eyes. That made her sapphire blues pop up just a bit more than they usually did. And since the particular shade of blue had come from her Daddy, Mommy loved pointing out it out on Katrine. There of were of course times when Katrine felt like she was her mother's porculan doll and she often told her that but truth was, she loved her pretty dresses. She loved wear them, she loved spinning in them and she loved making a mess out of them. Though it usually broke her heart when she messed them beyond repair and nothing could save them anymore.

But now, in the a memory, she noticed a look in the man's eyes that her mother had when she was buying her clothes. That look of a parent wanting to make his child happy. A girl, probably a girl. Though Katrine didn't judge. She did however stop in her tracks when then man noted the price tag and walked away. A child somewhere would be very sad. Katrine frowned. She couldn't allow that.

So, she went over to the stall, picked the dress and checked the price tag. Yeah, it wasn't cheap. And it was somewhat more than what she had in her backpack. She offered that to the shop keeper but he refused. Katrine huffed. She didn't like being refused. She also didn't get refused. Nope, not ever. Came with the territory of being someone's little girl and being the youngest. Though Chloe didn't get denied things either. That was probably how they both ended up in this mess and why Katrine was going to be in so much trouble if she ever made it home.

But the dress... Katrine took her backpack and quickly ransacked through its contents before finding a pin. It had silver and white on it, pearls of some kind. It was pretty valuable. She showed that and her credits and the shopkeeper seemed to be thinking about it for a bit before finally accepted and took both from her, leaving her with the dress. Great! One problem solved.

Now she just had to find the man with the disappointed parent look. Her pack back on her back and the lovely little dress in her hands, Katrine propped herself to her toes, searching through the large crowd. When she didn't see him at first, she rushed ahead in the general direction where he had went, pushing through the massess. After a while she felt like she had lost him but when she turned around, she realized that same man coming straight at her. Her eyes widdened and she grinned, actually happy to see a stranger. For a second her mind registered that he was going to bump into her. And he was a big man. And she was kinda tiny. It was probably safer if she moved. But if she moved, she could miss him again. Katrine didn't want to miss him or chase after him anymore.

What really happened was that she sort of... well, let it happen. Which is what did happen. And once he did bump into her, her slim posture flew head just a bit and hit the ground. Something behind her, in her backpack sounded like it shattered when it hit the ground. But she still held on to the pretty content in her hand as the man set up, started apologizing.

Slowly, she started picking her up and realized slight pain coming from the back. Whatever broke in her packpack wasn't harmless. But it did seem to prevent her head bumping to hard against the floor so the small bump to it was barely noticeable. "Uhh... yeah... I'm fine. It's my fault really. I didn't mean to but if this didn't happen, I'd probably lose you in the crowd. And it's a big crowd, couldn't let that happen. Nope, couldn't," she stopped talking only once she inhaled deep and started pulling herself off the ground. "Anyway, yeah, sorry about that. All my fault. Look, I didn't mean to really to that but... um..." and then her hands outstretched the light blue dress in front of her. "You have someone you want to give this to, don't you? You should. It's beautiful. And Dad should have that disappointed look on his face because he can't do something really nice for a kid!"

Cut the chitchat, Kat. You're freaking the man out. But she couldn't really stop it. It was her defence mechanism against strangers. It couldn't be helped. But what did stop her was waiting to see the look on the man's face, to see how he'd react once he realized he could actually give the dress to whomever he was giving it to. That was what kept all her attention right now.

Heavenshield could only look back at the woman on the ground across from him as she spoke, his facial expression a mix of shock from the impact and embarrassment from the fact that he did fall. She then presented him with the same dress he'd forced himself to walk away from earlier, before all of this happened. He slowly nodded, still trying to get his bearings of what had just happened. "I... yes, that's the dress I was looking at just a minute ago. Why are you...?" His face was gradually becoming more aware of the situation, and he soon came to his senses and managed to compose himself somewhat. He reached out to touch the fabrics of the dress. It was indeed the very same one. "Did you buy this?" It was a stupid thing to ask - of course she'd bought it. "I do, I... wanted to give it to my little girl. She would have loved it", he said without realising the red-head intended for him to take the dress from her. He did not, and would not unless explicitly told he could have it.

Getting back up on his feet, Thurion extended a hand down to the young woman on the ground. "Please, allow me..." he said as he offered her a hand in getting up. Once she too was back up on her feet did he introduce himself, inclining his head in her direction. "Forgive me, my lady. My name is Thurion Heavenshield. Are you sure you're alright? That was a nasty fall, wasn't it?" Not the smoothest way to meet someone in public, but the harm was done - quite literally - and so the worst was over, hopefully.

She had gone a little unnaturally silent for herself as the man spoke, questioning the dress. When he finally asked if she had bought this, she nodded several times. Then he brought it up, what Katrine saw. He wanted to give it to his little girl. Hah! She knew it. A parent wanting something for his little girl. She got that. "I knew it! You had that face. That face my Mommy has whenever she finds something she knows I'll like. And then you looked so sad..." and her entire face fell because she had thought of her mother, the idea of her being sad that she couldn't get her something. It was never related to clothes but when she did have that face it was something else she wanted but was impossible to get. It was also the face she had the last time she saw her. Katrine knew she was thinking about her big sister. And Katrine would never let Mommy be that sad again.

Surprisingly enough, she didn't think for once what would happen if she didn't return and Mommy lost her too. But Katrine was too stubborn to fair. She would try and try and eventually successed. That was the only way she accepted things to happen.

Her thoughts rushed back to the now as the man got up to his feet and offered his hand to her. Kat smiled a tiny bit then and put her hand into his, getting up to her feet. And as soon as she was up, she realeased his hand and started dusting herself off with the avaliable hand, while the other still carefully held the little dress, not wanting to get it messed up.

Thurion Heavenshield. "It's nice to meet you, Thurion Heavenshield. I'm Katrine V..." Wow. Wow. Think this through Katrine. What if he knew about Daddy. She couldn't have someone run into Daddy and bring her up. That would be problematic. Very problematic. Katrine swallowed. "I'm Katrine or Kat, for short," she finally said, gathering her posture and offered the dress to him. "This is yours."

She introduced herself, and it was obvious she did not wish to reveal her full name. He didn't mind; not many choose to give their full name to a complete stranger on a moment's notice. When she offered him the dress, Thurion grew silent and simply looked at her. His sapphire eyes stared into her soul, and for a moment lost himself in thoughts. Few had ever just given him something before, and ever fewer were people he'd just met on the street. This girl was something special, he could tell that right away. Reaching out he took the dress from her hands into his own before draping it over his forearm. Once again he bowed, more graciously this time, but not before he took her hand in his and brought it up to his lips, where he proceeded to place a delicate kiss upon her knuckles, followed by a warm smile. "I thank you for the gift, my lady Kat. It will make my little girl very happy, and I'll be sure to let her know who gave it to her. How can I ever repay you, my dear?" He looked for a facial expression, for not just anyone would allow what he did during the first introduction between two strangers.

The dress left her hand. Katrine was happy about that. It was, after all, exactly, what she wanted with it. If Thurion Heavenshield decided not to take it, they would have had a problem because Katrine had literally no use to it. And she didn't do well with the word no. But the way this whole thing went, he probably couldn't have figured that one out just yet.

Another bow. Kat blinked. Manners. Lots of them. Must have been demanded from him. Mommy told her of manners, lots of times, but since Mommy didn't abide to most of them herself, Katrine never did get the habit of it either. Except maybe with Nona, she was big on rules and traditions but that was on Dathomir and no where else. And she hadn't been there in a year of her own time... and now was really not to time to think about her birth planet.

Especially since Thurion Heavenshield took her hand. She looked at him a tad bit funny, unsure whether to defend herself, send him flying back or just pull her hand. Touching from strangers, not the most common things. Well, that and the germs. Not a friend. But then the man did something that completely made her forget about germs and phobias and strangers. He kissed her hand and smiled. Katrine blinked. Made her miss home but she managed not the lose focus on what he was saying, his thanks and his odd instistance on the lady part. She just smiled as he moved on, talking about his little girl being very happy.

How could she ever repay her? Katrine smirked. "Well, that depends, good sir. First, you can lose the lady thing. It's weird. I'm not used to it. And you can tell me why you have so many manners. I'm familiar with them but most people don't use them. Me included. So, whats up with that?" Oh yeah, she could definitely use some information to understand the man of whom she knew three things so far: name, that he had a little girl and that he was just too mannered for this galaxy. Or maybe manners were still a thing in the galaxy? No, no, that was impossible. She heard stories of this time, that couldn't have been it.

This young woman was an interesting one. Her energetic and undeniably teenage behaviour was actually a breath of fresh air to Thurion, who never fell into the moody nature the teens would often times bring. Of course, he had his own demons at the time, and still does, but he never had any trouble with authority or the likes most youngsters do. "Forgive me, but I merely follow my heart and instincts in these things, my lady. As such, I will probably never do what you just asked of me, my lady." He winked while giving her a sly grin, knowingly over-using the word just to tease her further. "I don't act like I do out of pretentiousness", he continued, now in a more serious tone yet keeping up his sunny smile. "I believe the world has enough of those lacking in social graces, and so I do my best in attempting to make up for their short-comings. I intend no disrespect towards you or anyone else." He began to pick up the scattered goods of his from the ground and place them into a single pile. "So, what brings you to this fair, Kat? You looking to do some bargain shopping, or are you just here for the sights alone?"

His heart and instincts. Hey, as it turned out, the most mannered person in the galaxy and Katrine did have something in common. Her heart and instincts didn't lead her to use all those manners but she certainly did follow her heart and instincts in everything she did in life. That was how she got stuck here, now and talking this man instead of being back home and doing the stuff she used to do.

The man didn't listen to her though, and kept insisting on using the lady thing. "Well, that's all nice. But if you lose the lady thing, we can be friends!" There it was. If he did respect her wishes here, she could be friends with this man. So far, she liked him so that was a good plus for him.

What brought her this far? Was she looking for some bargain shopping or was she just here for the sights alone? "I'm on this planet for the Fair. I've read tons about it. All the stories about it promise a great time."

Again he took her hand in his and placed a kiss upon it. "As you say, Kat. I would love to be considered your friend, and you mine." He didn't let go of her hand before asking: "You are gifted in the Force, are you not?" He then let go of her hand as he smiled at her. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone unless you want me to. Just know that you're not the only one." Looking around him for any suspicious characters in the area, he then leaned in close to her and spoke in a hushed tone. "I believe that you have a greater destiny in store than what this fair could ever offer. You have the choice to walk a path I myself has walked, but it is one you have to choose for yourself. I cannot make the choice for you, nor would I." Without another word he returned to scooping up the wares he'd bought, leaving her to ponder on what he just told her. His chosen words may seem sudden and dire, but he knew the girl was Force-Sensitive, and he could also sense her inner anguish. Better that she knew right away of the choice that lay before her than to dance around it like a cat and mouse. He glanced at her to see what her thought process was.

Sapphire blues focused down on her hand as he took it again, leaving another kiss on it. There was that flash again, memories. This time, it came with a small pinch in her stomach. Katrine realized then she'd miss home no matter what. It was just how it had to be until she could go back. And when that would be... she didn't have the slightest idea.

But Thurion Heavenshield wanted to be considered her friend and Kat smiled at it. That would make him her first friend, ever. Family just family, never really friends. So this was a big deal. "Wicked!" She let out as her only comment to that.

He didn't let go of her hand though, and that confused the redhead. He asked her about the Force. She blinked, pulling back her freed hand to her side. Of course, Force Users could detect it, she remembered. And she had no means of hiding it yet. But Katrine didn't think whether he was one or not. Until now. He'd keep it a secret if she wanted to? Her face showed a bit of confusion. "I don't keep it a secret, it just doesn't come up." She chuckled slightly, seemingly at random at his discovery. "I know. The galaxy is full of Jedi, Sith, Witches, undecided and a whole bunch of others." Kat knew. She listened and she learned. Nona told her the most, Mommy didn't really take too much time with it and Daddy just did, he rarely talked.

The distance between them closed then as Thurion talked about a greater destiny than the fair could offer. She had a choice to walk a path he walked? But she had to decide? "Which path is that?" One of the ones she brought up or one of the others whose names she could never remember. But between all of them, Katrine was definitely undecided. Mommy had insisted on it. Mommy hated labels so she didn't let her choose one either when she was little. She said Kat would know in time what that choice would be, but only when she was ready. Was she ready now?

Smiling at the excitement she showed as he agreed to their friendship, he chuckled a bit before answering her question. "Kat, I do not represent either the Jedi or the Sith. I cannot promise what they or any other Order promises, and I do not have the same resources at my disposal. That being said, I follow my own code - one of protecting the innocent and defend the weak, preferrably without having to resort to violence. I do not ask you to live by the same ideals as I do, but I can teach you. I have met others like you in my travels, most of them at your age. If you'll let me, I could take you away from here and guide you on your path - and while that path may not be clear to you at the moment, I'll promise you that I will help you find out what it is. Ultimately, it all depends on you. It's your choice."

That was the one promise he could offer her. She could as easily tell him 'no' as much as 'yes', and if so he would respect her decision and leave her be. "But, hey...", he said as he turned and finished picking up his possessions from the ground. "...I will still consider you my friend even if this is where we part ways." And with that, he was ready to continue back to the ship. He put a hand atop the girl's shoulder. "You will not come to harm with me around. I give you my word... my lady", he said, jokingly adding the ending part just for teasing.

Neither Sith no Jedi. Or any other Order. There was a code. Something about protecting, not resorting to violence. Katrine thought about that for a second about that, her sapphire blues wandering to the side for a moment. That sounded a little bit like what the Jedi did. Even the Witches weren't that calm. But he didn't ask her to follow that code. All he wanted was to guide her, promised to help.

This apperently to be better than the Fair she had come to see here. He'd still consider her a friend, at which he put his hand on her shoulder, making the redhead glance it for a moment looking back into Thurion's face. She wouldn't come to harm with him around... "Well, if you promise it'll be better than the Fair," Katrine started off, looking all serious for a moment before she grinned and continued: "Then I'm up for it."

It pleased him greatly to hear that she would join him. One could not have too many friends in this dangerous galaxy, after all. "I'm honoured to have you, Katrine. Now then, hold this please... and this." He began to load some of his belongings onto her as he finished speaking. He couldn't carry all of this himself, as clearly demonstrated earlier, lest he bumps into more bystanders just enjoying the fair. He only gave her the bags of food, though, as he kept the heavier stuff for himself. Didn't want to break her back just after having met her. With that, Thurion picked up the still huge amount of wares with both hands and started walking towards the space port, now able to actually see where he put his feet infront of him. "Come along now, these goods won't carry themselves to my ship", he told her with a wide grin across his face, hoping she wouldn't mind a little hard work. It would not be an easy life he'd put her or any of the others through, but he would make sure none of them are harmed as long as he's around. He would merely offer guidance and show them how to hone their skills, without ever making them do anything against their will. They were free to leave at any time, and he would not stop them from doing so.

Alright, so this is happening, Katrine told herself before Thurion suddenly told her to hold things. Wait, what? That took her by surprise, to say at least. Before her mind could even process what had just happened, Kat was carrying bags in her hands.

It took her a few seconds to adjust the weight of the bags. Carrying things wasn't her thing. Thurion was already telling her to come along. Apperently goods wouldn't carry themselves to his ship? Did she just get a chore? Well, that's new. But in Katrine's mind, he had promised that an adventure better than the famous Fair which was why she why decided to be a good girl and not make a fuss about chores and thus, followed after him.

Anyone who knew Kat well enough though, would probably be quite surprised at that point since Katrine hadn't said a word in a while now. It was odd. Then again, this whole scene was a little bit odd so too so it had taken her by surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom