Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's in Your Blood

Coruscant

Kiskla was waiting for her former Padawan outside the entrance of Coruscant’s training facilities. Yes, some parts of it were slightly charred but they had efficiently rebuilt the important part of the temples so most could continue their trainings and daily activities. Of course, the Grauge invasion meant that life couldn’t continue unaffected and there was a movement to relocate on Tython.

Kiskla hoped it happened efficiently and effectively.

In the meantime, she would wait for @[member="Antares Windu"] with her back against the door frame to the facility. Out of respect, those that passed by her gave a slight inclination of respect in her direction — recognizing her authority. It was strange to her, and it still felt undeserved considering the omnipresent shroud of darkness that pulsed through her veins. That was why she could never summon Force Light to it’s full potential, despite all her practice with it. It was discouraging to her, and something she’d have to address sooner rather than later. But selfish hopes aside, she was here to give a Knight new knowledge rather than attain some for herself.

Antares had submitted a request to the council, and she’d stepped to the foray. Apparently he was duelling against quite a bit of armour, and found the technique necessary for success. If he wanted to use the technique in the moment, he’d learn it in the moment. After all, it was supposed to be in his blood.

She’d stop him from entering the training facility until she was done her introduction just outside it’s door.

Jedi Knight Antares Windu was always training his abilities within the Force, finding himself not up to par as to other Force users while his primary abilities lied within lightsaber combat. But after combating against Darth Vulcanus on two separate occassions upon Coruscant and upon his Slave world, it had come high time that he learned the ability of Shatterpoint. It was the only way that he could truly think of to dispose of enemies with excessive amounts of armour upon their beings.

Antares came up the steps to th training facilities, inclining his head to all those he passed on the steps, whether they were going up or down, he nodded until he almost walked in, when he noticed the familiar figure of his former Master, now mentor. "Master Grayson. I thank you for having me." He bowed to her, black robes trailing upon the floor when he leaned over.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

"Of course." Kiskla said simply, indicating that the appreciation need not go any further. He wasn't going to like what met him on the other side of the door.

"You put in a request for shatterpoint. Tell me what you know of the power." A slightly amused curl touched her lips, as the history of the technique was fairly known to be developed by an ancestor of @[member="Antares Windu"] himself.

Antares Windu nodded his head slowly. "The ability is used to see the weak points of a user's armour. Or body, any material." He started out, and it seemed as if he was thinking for a moment. "You are able to focus it on any part of your body, even to go as far as your smallest finger if you wish." He smiled slightly. There were quite a few notable practitioners. "Darth Caedus performed Shatterpoint upon a Mandalorian's armour and shattered it with a single finger I believe." He said and he scratched the back of his head quickly.

"It was also created by my ancestor, Jedi Master Mace Windu." He ended abruptly.

Amusement flickered across her lipline and curled the corners. It had indeed been developed by Master Windu; one who challenged The Force in many ways to develop skills and methods that had gone largely unexplored prior to his understandings. She was a major practitioner of his Vaapad, for one.

"Remember when I taught you how to heal yourself? It was a brief conversation on Dxun. I asked you to find your broken bonds and try and bring them back together. To meld your weaknesses and make them strong again." Her expression was placid, apart from the bemusement she appeared to have at teaching a descendent of Mace Windu a trick of his bloodline.

"This is essentially to be the opposite. You already have a fundamental understanding, if you think about it. Have you attempted shatterpoint before?"

@[member="Antares Windu"]

Antares nodded along with her when she spoke about their adventures upon the planet of Dxun. He had healed himself to a minor degree, though he had been healed proficiently enough to walk. Though when he thought about it, like right now, he felt a slight burning sensation in his leg, a memory of pain only. Thankfully.

"No, I have not. Though upon my studies of the abilities prior to requesting your knowledge on the ability, it is my understanding that yes, it is similar to healing yourself, though it is also using a more advanced Force sight or sense, though for armour instead of your surroundings." He said and he frowned slightly. "As well as being used upon inanimate objects mostly." He said as a side note, all the while keeping eye contact with her, a faint smirk coming to his face.

"Have you attempted shatterpoint before?"

((OOC: Question: GIF for you. :))

gi0o6kb.gif

Subtly, Kiskla touched something on her wrist. It deactivated the surprise waiting on the other side of the door. Instead, she pushed from the frame and entered the training facility. To the right, there was a deactivated ASP-19 hunched over. With some quick, unexplainable movement, the droid's breastplate was being braced by the young Master, and she weighed it as she spoke.

"I have, but not for armour. Shatterpoint is more than a physical power." Kiskla commented. She had used it in her rage on Raxus Prime, and it had frightened her. It was not a technique she often employed. "You'll be able to explore weaknesses beyond what's engineered by a sentient. Deeper into understanding, you'll be able to find weaknesses in people; what they hold dear. That's how your ancestor used it." She let out a deep breath, and as usual, was quite frank. "Everyone, and everything has a shatter point."

"The council is hesitant to teach you this technique. I, however, believe in knowledge. I will give you a foundation to study, and you will study it fervently. As with every lesson, we will begin with the physical. As it stands, I believe that's your primary focus anyways." She nodded toward the centre of the training facility, before leading the way and taking a seat herself on the stone floor, waiting for @[member="Antares Windu"] to do so as well before she continued her instruction.

"Focus on this room. It's non-sentient, but it has been built over years. However, with the recent graug attack the temple's foundations has many imperfections. Reach out, calmly, and see if in this room, there's an exposed fracture. Don't do anything to it, if or when you find it."

The darkly coloured eyes watched his Master as she moved, and when she entered into the training facility, he followed her, he stopped when she went to the right and he watched what she was doing. Quick movements, movements he almost missed, and he remained quiet while she spoke.

"Why did you use it?" He inquired lightly, he expected the deflecting response or his former Master, now Mentor simply ignoring the question completely, or even better yet, a response that would be her requesting him to refrain from asking more questions. And he only braced himself for her response.

But he was never done asking questions while in the presence of @[member="Kiskla Grayson"]. "Why is the Council hesitant in accepting my request to learn such an ability?" He asked. Surely they weren't trying to keep his own bloodline hidden from him? But he could only imagine their response when he came to them with the request of Form VII.

Antares followed her to where she went into the centre of the room, when she sat down, he sat down in front of her and awaited her instructions. He listened intently, and he feigned surprise when she said the room was non-sentient, but he said nothing yet. He blinked a few times while staring into her own eyes, and was summoning the Force to him while he looked at her.

He had thought of saying something witty, but it didn't come to him, witty comments rarely ever came to him, and so he only closed his eyes and he felt the rush of the Force sweeping through his form. He rarely meditated, though he used it as an enhanced Force sense, and through that, treated it as if he was about to heal someone through the Force, something he had only done once, to bruises and scrapes with Sochi Ru on Tython.

In his mind, an image of the room and training facility was formed in his mind. It was formed as if it was a perfect picture, and he felt his head and gaze scanning the room for breaks in the foundation of the building, in the walls, ceiling -- anywhere. And at first he found nothing, and voiced it as a muttering, and continued searching.

"It came naturally. I needed to find a weakness and I exposed one." Was all she offered, while absentmindedly smoothing the fabric of her sleeve. She had been fifteen and clouded by darkness, and had used it as a twisted manipulation of the healing she knew to do. After she had discovered the technique in herself, she had spent copious months perfecting it, and dedicating herself to see if there was a more mental manipulation of it.

"Because it's something that cannot be fully grasped as a Knight, in most instances. I'm sure it should be more natural for yourself, than others however. But don't take my instruction to study this lightly. It will not be learned overnight, no matter your hereditary advantages."

She allowed him to search, to poke, and to feel the foundations of the room and waited for him to speak up with an indication of something.

Windu's mind wandered, he felt as if he was wasting his time meditating. How could he find a break in the room? It was as if the building was only becoming more perfect in his mind, smoothing out whatever edges that he couldn't find. And then he noticed that his mind was zoning in upon the slightest of cracks, right between him and @[member="Kiskla Grayson"]. Though it was more or less out of his vision because of his knee blocking the view of it.

Antares had never thought to search in his immediate area, that being less than an inch away, and when he opened his eyes, he blinked quite a few times, mentally beating himself up. "It has been done." He said shortly. Though in his mind's eye, he waited to act upon the small crack in the ground.

"Don't pull your connection from your sight within The Force." The blonde commented, resting her palms on her ankles while her student spoke. Without missing a beat, she continued her instruction.

"Focus on what makes the imperfection flawed. Is it in the foundation? How big is the disconnect? Is there a way you can expose it further?"

Okay. He thought mentally through whatever mental bonds they shared, he focused upon the crack. He had never worked upon the mental aspect of the Force, at least not that much, he didn't expect to be able to perfect this easily. Even if an old relative of his had created the ability.

Within moments his analyzation of the crack was finished. The crack stretched deeper into the foundation of the building, and as it went deeper into the ground it fragmented into several directions. The fracture was much larger the deeper he looked, and he waited for her response to his founding. He was certain that if he did try to make the crack more obvious, the fractures within the ground would only become deeper, wider, and spread underneath the walls. And if they cracked underneath the walls....Well bad things happened with a weakened wall.

Kiskla could feel the swelling of his confidence -- not in a cocky way, but in a way that signalled to her that he had accomplished the task she assigned him.

"I want you to examine the start and end of that crack." She now reached for the plate she had lifted from the droid earlier, and rested it between them.

"Then, instead of singlehandedly bringing down the temple, I want you to try and feel this armour. Compare how solid it is compared to the crack you just examined, and see where it's potential vulnerabilities could be found."

[member="Antares Windu"]

The Jedi Knight noted the start of the crack. The start was the part of the crack that was upon the surface of the Temple's ground.

Antares reached upwards to the piece of armour and placed his hand upon it. He analyzed the both of them at the same time, though not as efficiently as he would if done singularly. And when he found the vulnerabilities upon the armour, on the side of the ribs, and when he expanded the force sense, to the other side of the armour that was laying upon the ground, where the small of the back would be located, were all vulnerabilities.

He waited.

[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

tumblr_inline_mwonsnwkpO1s42mq7.gif
<3

Kiskla waited patiently for [member="Antares Windu"] to reach out with his innate senses. It took less time than surveying the entire room, but it still demanded a lot of focus. She watched the concentration etched on his face, and closed her eyes briefly -- feeling his strain like an aura.
"Instead of mending those faults, as you did on Onderon, I want you to imagine tearing them apart. Exposing them until they burst." It wouldn't be an easy task, no. Separating solid metal, despite it having an imperfection would take time. A lot of time for a beginner. Kiskla didn't expect to see any visible signs of a crack within the first fifteen minutes. But still, she would wait.

The Jedi Knight's force sense and sight took over his mind and just delved deeper into the armour. He had found the weakness within the side of the ribs of the armour, and with the Force he tried to expand the fault with the Force. Sort of like an air bubble forming in water. But instead of it just being the same size, this grew and expanded while his left hand pressed further into the armour.

His intentions were to eventually put his whole hand into the armour and shred it with nothing but his fist. Or at least put a hole in it. He did as she said though, he imagined shredding them apart, slowly, so as not to prematurely use too much of his power within the Force. It may have been his first time, and he was eager in 'breaking' a piece of armour, but he would have restraint.

[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom