Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress Outlander Station

Hoid Hallafax

H

gabriel-bjork-stiernstrom-isaacasimov-ciclodellefondazioni-coverbygabrielbjorkstiernstrom2.jpg

"This station will be a symbol of the Alliance in the Unkown Regions. A place where we will celebrate our union, and help each other to make it grow. It will send out a signal, for anyone in this sector and beyond the Chaos to hear, at any time. The beacon. The beacon of the Alliance. The sound... of hope."
-Office of the Chancellor
[Adapted quote from Chancellor Lina Soh's Starlight Beacon Speech]

Outbound Flight Initiative HQ, Outlander Station

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

STANDARD FEATURES

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

STRENGTHS
  • Extensive active and passive defense systems provide robust protection to crew and passengers
  • Vast space for freighters, corvettes, colony ships, and cruisers
  • Robust Shielding
  • Able to make planetfall into water

WEAKNESSES
  • Tall profile and an exposed bridge create a considerable broadside, presenting a large target for enemy gunners
  • The habitation Ring of the Outlander Station was weak structurally compared to the rest of the station and contained a majority of the station staff's families and housed transient and permanent workers
  • Outlander Station was a slow-moving target and easy to hit
DESCRIPTION
Outlander Station, usually referred to simply as "Outlander", was a massive dreadnought in use by the Galactic Alliance sometime after the official end and ultimate failure of the Stygian Campaing. Designed during the early years of the Sith-Imperial Civil War, Outlander was meant to be a large military outpost that meandered across the border between known space and the Unknown Regions. Its purpose was to serve as a forward operating base for expeditions into the Unknown Regions and to protect few trade lanes to Alliance colonies available that close to the Chaos. The attack on Illum by the Brotherhood of the Maw changed original plans that would have seen the vessel deployed along the CIS-Alliance border and was tasked to listen not only to Alliance cries for help, but any across the Chaos. With its proximity to Ilum the New Jedi Order also made heavy use of the vessel establishing a sizable Jedi Outpost on Outlander.

After its activation, Senator Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi proposed the Outbound Flight initiative which would see a heavier civilian influence on the station. Due to Coruscant's resettling efforts, the refugee crisis along the Daragon Trail and Hydian Way, and growing populations on worlds like Jakku, the Alliance was experiencing a shortage of space for its people. The Outbound Flight initiative sought to settle and rediscover worlds lost to the Chaos and 400 Years of Darkness brought on by the Gulag Plague. Uniquely equipped to aid in these efforts, Senator Stazi fought to open the vessel up to civilian interests, resulting in a heavy civilian population of both permanent and transient workers and their families on the station.

Due to the extreme interest of the success of the Outbound Flight Initiative, the vessel's cavernous hangars often carried hundreds of starfighters and patrol ships. Cruisers on patrol often docked in its hangars as well, providing repair services as well as refueling for military and civilian ships alike. Alongside its expansive fighter compliment, the Outlander's shields were second to none, protecting and reflecting energy back from all but the most powerful of kyber enhanced weaponry. Its array of turbolasers, missiles, laser cannons, and ion cannons was also nothing to sneeze at, easily outgunning star destroyers. It was believed that if the civilians were not on board, the Outlander could easily hold off a fleet on its own. That, however, was not its purpose and it spent the majority of its time in one place or meandering through the sector. Now HQ of the Outbound Flight Initiative, the Outlander responds to cries for help across the Unknown Regions and is a ray of hope in the darkness of the Chaos.

Last edited by a moderator:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Spirit of Duty

Hello! I'll be your judge today! Please next time tag one or two of the Codex staff members if you're finished your sub. I only accidentally noticed that it was ready. It's a very nice and solid submission. I found only little problems and I have one question:
  • You need to ask a permission from the company owners to use their companies as a Manufacturer. Please fix this.
  • Another permission problem, you need to ask a permission to the REC/SBD-01 "Evocati" - Series Battle Droids.
  • And this is more of a question to specify one thing:
    • The station's ratings are bit underpowered (-2), and the Hangar Space is too high, the 6.500 metres ships/stations has only 57 Squadrons. I think well you left intentionally the armament on average, to expand the Hangar Space to 66 from 57? If yes, then it's ok, if not, please edit this.
That's all, I'm not found any other problems, please let me know if you edited these.

Hoid Hallafax

H
MANIAC MANIAC I have to ask seperatley again if they've given the faction admins permission? Just asking for clarification

With the hangar, aren't the ratings based on its biggest measurement? It's height is the max 7km

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Spirit of Duty

Hangars, oh, you're right, I checked the 6,500, not the 7,000, sorry. But then it's okay.
Permissions; yes please. I saw in the other thread Tithe got the permission, but we need them here too. So please ask Rynn, Tithe and Tavlar for their permissions again and link them to the right place.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Spirit of Duty

Update on this? I have to move the thread to the Archive soon according to the Factory policy. I can give you a few more days if you need them, until wednesday (2021.05.05), to make the necessary edits or indicate that you are asking for a few extra days for this.

Spirit of Duty | MANIAC MANIAC

This is a really nice submission, I really enjoyed reading it. There are only a few things that I want to cover with you, several of the links in the submission appear to be broken. I've listed them all below if you could please go through and fix them.

1) Affiliation

The link to the Galactic Alliance in the affiliation field appears to be broken. Please could you fix this.

2) Materials

Material:

The link to Laminasteel in the materials field also appears to be broken, if you could please fix this link as well.

3) Defenses

Defenses: Extreme

The links for Deflector shields, xythan shield, molecular shield, particle, ray, plasma, atmospheric-friction, shearing planes and tractor beam shrouds and tractor beam shrouds all appear to be broken as well.

4) Advanced Systems

I was unable to find any permissions within the submission for the REC/SBD-01 "Evocati" - Series Battle Droids. If you could please reach out to the OP to secure permission to use them in this submission.

If you could work through these points and tag me when you're ready to proceed we can move on towards approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom