Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion terms used

We all thought you'd be interested to see the kind of terms we were after for an invasion. Basically it's about getting the members to work out the terms before the invasion, rather than us as Faction Admins pretending we know what all of you want!

You can see some of my thoughts on the topic here: http://starwarsrp.net/blog/468/entry-1348-byoo-invasion/

I'm eager to hear your thoughts, comments, concerns!

[SIZE=14.6667px]Our terms are:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]Members are allowed to assist with creation of objectives. A thread will be opened one week prior to invasion start to allow members of each faction to directly set up objectives with each other.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]To be claimed as a member of either faction, they must have joined the faction prior to November 19th, 2015 and be an active member (this rule does not apply to new writers on the site. If a new writer joins up, and joins either faction, they are allowed to post in the invasion.)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]The Faction Admins will define one sandbox-style PvP location.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]While there will be a PvP objective, should members wish, there can be Ground-NPC, fleeting, and PvE elements at the request of the populace of the faction.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]Member-created objectives may be Private [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]or [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Open [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]and must be tagged as such in the invasion thread.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]Victory conditions will be dependant on overall story and fair play on all objectives.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]Five Allies per side.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]Any maps or visual aids will be presented to FAs of both sides and approved by the collective 1 week before invasion.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]The Faction Admin teams will convene to discuss any writers who are not able to display the appropriate decorum and respect to other writers, and their ejection and disqualification from the invasion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Examples:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Two members of the GA and two members of the CotBR may convene and decide on a 2v2 5000m fleet battle set in the midst of an asteroid belt. They wish this objective to be Private. If they wish to have a seperate thread for it, they may [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]request[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] this of the FAs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px](poll revealed most fleeters prefer a separate thread and 2v2 battles [source: http://starwarsrp.ne...nvasion-poll/])[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Note this is a slightly experimental set up, but we wish to move away from judging invasions purely on PvP win counts, or NPC objective rush, and return to more open story-based invasions. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]We look forward to hearing back from you,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Galactic Alliance[/SIZE]

I'm a huge fan of BYOO.

Just to piggyback on top of what Jacen said, if we allow members (on both sides) to create objectives, we could end up seeing much more imaginative stories in an Invasion.

For example, having a BYOO invasion could mean that we could have some of the objectives be diplomatic or humanitarian for those characters who don't want to fight. Or we could have an objective where one side tries to build something and the other tries to stop them.

If two people wanted to fight each other with their best critters and tech, they could. Or have a battle between two slicers. Or a pod race!

Skies pretty much the limit.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

I've told you before, I'll tell you again. I'm very much in favor with this concept and how you have laid it out. I think it benefits the writers of the faction most, instead of pigeon holing all members into three of the cookie cutter objectives we've seen on the board ad nausea. The greatest obstacle you will face is the inherent difficulty in judging. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Obstacles are good, they help with ironing things out and really setting the pace for future engagements.

18hyxvtscuq7kjpg.jpg

Jacen Voidstalker said:
Any maps or visual aids will be presented to FAs of both sides and approved by the collective 1 week before invasion.

Jacen Voidstalker said:
Members are allowed to assist with creation of objectives. A thread will be opened one week prior to invasion start to allow members of each faction to directly set up objectives with each other.
While I like that both of these are set up prior to the invasion by an entire week.. I think if you re-read this in terms of time-span, it means you have less than 24 hours to come up with visual aids while only allowing open discussion for members a week ahead of time - the same week ahead of time that those visual aids need to be submitted to FA's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom