Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Rules - OP assault on Kayri

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The Lords of the Fringe have cut a swathe through the Unknown Regions, and their eyes turn to civilized space. The Omega Protectorate, battered and tired from war with the Bando Gora, is all that stands between the horde and the vulnerable Core. But after innumerable aggressions from the Fringe Confederation, the Protectorate has mobilized its forces for a strike on the Fringe world of Kayri. If they succeed, the Fringe's route to the Deep Core will be severed.

While a massive fleet battle rages through the star system, three crucial points will be contested.

1 ) A space station in high orbit, controlling and coordinating the system's large-scale defenses.
2 ) A starport in the capital city.
3 ) An underground power generator, crucial to the capital city's defenses.

Each player may have up to two characters working towards, and present at, each objective.

Objective 1:

The space station objective can be approached through both PVP and fleeting. Each faction may have a maximum of three fleets present. Reinforcements may not be drawn from the background noise fleet battle elsewhere in the system. We are testing a 'formation rule' rather than a 'metres rule,' and fleeters are encouraged to make their descriptions primarily in terms of formations, movements, and decisions, with numbers as supporting details only. Each fleet will be of the following size:

OP – A fleet is two full battle groups, for a total of one command ship, two Star Destroyers, two Light Star Destroyers, four Heavy Cruisers, eight Cruisers, sixteen Frigates, and twenty-eight Corvettes.

Fringe – Each Fringe fleet will comprise one command ship (Lanyard-class, or a unique vessel), two Permanence-class battleships, two Anathema-class Star Destroyers, four Deathhead-class heavy cruisers, eight Predator-class cruisers, sixteen Renown-class frigates, and twenty-eight Adara-class corvettes.

A fleeter may choose to substitute a shieldship for one of his or her full-sized Star Destroyers. For the Fringe, that's the Sara-toga class.

PVP victory within the station may be enough to turn the tables in the fleet battle; likewise, the fleet battle may endanger or affect characters present within the station. If one side or the other finds itself in a position to destroy the station, PCs should be prepared to evacuate, be maimed, or die. The station is not sufficient to fend off an enemy fleet alone.

Objective 2:

The starport is part civilian, part industrial, and part military. Major points of interest include the traffic control tower near the north gate. Ground armies, including walkers and tanks, will be involved in this fight as background noise only. The starport is a PVP objective. Individual tanks, walkers, and starfighters, as well as small units of infantry, may be used as support by PCs. An appropriate engagement might be a Sith Master against a trooper in a fast battle walker. An inappropriate engagement might be a Sith Master calling in a wing of fighters for an air strike while his enemy gathers ten tanks for a counterattack. Please keep the scale small and do not spawn armies on your opponents.

Also, note that since Kayri has history as a Charon colony, a high-security vault near the south gate contains a working Charon hyperdrive, capable of jumping to Otherspace.

Objective 3:

The underground power generator is defended by a choke point of solid stone. Getting around this choke point is not possible; nor is destroying the generator or opening up access to it with an air strike. The choke point is a granite spiral staircase, turning clockwise as an attacker descends it. It makes four complete revolutions. The staircase is wide enough to fit two combatants side by side. It is not ventilated. Turadium blast doors, moderately lightsabre-resistant, are located at the top and bottom of the staircase. This objective is pure PVP in very close quarters. Squads of NPCs are not appropriate.

Welp I know which of those ones I fit best into if you wouldn't mind letting me lead a fleet if that is a problem then I am sure I can find somewhere else to fit myself. @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I'm going to be fleeting with Ashin or Rave at objective 1; Aedan, you're more than welcome to bring our second fleet. I'll be sending Ashin or Rave to objective 2, since I know for dang sure I can count on Shinju at objective 3.

Ashin Varanin said:
What? :D Shinju is, without question, the most reliable character in the faction.
Excuse me while I do my happy dance.
carlton-dance-o.gif

Matreya

@[member="Shinjū Aÿasha"] you and I together back number 3? Lol I was planning on Shado remaining hidden until he was needed, just want your ok since you called it first.

Number 2. When Sargon was still here, he and I set up the FTI (Fringe troops Initiative) which is a small milita of minute men that use some of the lower end tech in the Fringe, as well as the Area S-1 armor that I created back when I first joined the fringe. They are like a National guard that is stationed on every planet that we have influence of. I currently Command one troop that is always with me. So some of the ground forces will be these people.

I don't know if Sargon put up the little thing I gave him in the Info threads. But I do have it currently On my bio about the troops. and if need be I can pull out the PMs that we switched back and forth about this.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
People who've picked spots thus far:

Objective One:
Ashin - fleet
Arcis - fleet
Aedan - fleet

Objective Two:
Rave
Morna
Faenrovon
Dissero

Objective Three:
Shinju
@[member="Shado"]

Wherever:
Spencer

Matreya

Lol Shinju as a Master AND Zaiden as a Master guarding a Stairway that's hard to fit two peeps in? Overkill haha I love it. Hey @[member="Shinjū Aÿasha"] try to talk Zaiden into eating one of the dead bodies as it happens. I want him to find out he likes it, thus making him even more evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom