Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Roche discussion

Hello everyone!

The invasion start is wednesday the 20th and it will run the following three weeks.

I would suggest everyone to use the public board and the OOC thread set up here for most planning around finding an opponent and such. Here is the link to that thread: LINK

But, in case there are any ideas or thoughts that only concerns GR setup and or planning feel free to use our faction board as well.
Note this is no secret forum and it is not intended to be a secret thread, merely a secondary place to discuss the invasion in between members.

One thing I would like to point to is defending the Central Hub.
to defend or not will not win the invasion but it is a good setting and a place of GR resources that could be made good use of.

Republic Agents or characters connected with intelligence might find it especially interesting.
[member="Fixx Kearney"] [member="Crowley Furtim"] but it is a military sanction facility as well and others may of course find it a good spot to pew pew with the invading mandalorians. It got guns and fighter squadrons as well...

Dont know how an invasion works? Ask away!
Is there any other information that we should spread about roche? If you know something, spread your love! :)

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Sressechka"] [member="Dia Torr"] [member="Barrien Siegfried"] [member="Vulpesen"] [member="Reshmar"] [member="Krenis Skirata"] [member="Willam Forlon"] [member="Jaccer Ramirez"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Fixx Kearney"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Mak Manto"] [member="Alyona Volkovna"] [member="Crowley Furtim"] [member="Ali Hadrix"] [member="Varus Shatterstar"] [member="Vitor Imperieuse"] [member="Thalia Kaia"][member="Quinncolson"] [member="Julyet Thackeray"] [member="Solan Charr"] [member="November Sinclair"] [member="Kaï Sargas"] [member="Ben Corscifine"]
[member="Thalia Kaia"] [member="Taneas Haring"] [member="Megàn Alestria"] [member="Miria Lasedri"] [member="Ordon Trozky"] [member="Tonald Drump"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Cecily de Demici"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Commander Lusk"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Sofia Annesley"] [member="Jordun Darko"] [member="Alyesa Organa"] [member="Vernan Holt"] [member="Ben Corscifine"] [member="Ashler de Dedhart"] [member="Dish"] [member="Avy Valla"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Juwiela Melec"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] at anyone I have missed :)

[member="Sofia Annesley"]

PVP on a forum board RPG is about give and take and writing a good action sequence. My advice is to be in communication with your opponent about what is going on via PM and OOC boards, give and take a bit throughout the battle. If you and your opponent want to decide who the winner is OOC, that might help develop the story, otherwise, the winner is probably decided by third parties reading through each post and scoring it like a boxing match.

Hey [member="Niall OOC"],

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and giving me advice :D

Out of curiosity, how does the fight being judged by a third party work? Unless my opponent wants to lose, I don't think we can come to an OOC agreement.

The way it is judged is currently beyond me. I would suspect that they look at the content of the posts and see who took what blow where and tally up points like in boxing (where a shot to the body gets you X points, shot to the head gets you Y points, etc).

Sofia Annesley said:
Hey [member="Niall OOC"],
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and giving me advice :D
Out of curiosity, how does the fight being judged by a third party work? Unless my opponent wants to lose, I don't think we can come to an OOC agreement.
[member="Niall OOC"]

Hey hey,

Its a narrative decission in between you and the one you "fight/write" with. The best outcome is when both parties agree directly on who won. When that is decided you report it to us, the faction admins. Preferably in this thread or via pm.

But often it ends with discussions about who won if writers dont agree right away. Then both parties try to argue their characters win. Usually things like how many hits you write that your character has taken or if you write being very pressed leads to a loss while if your opponent write that his character takes hits it works toward your win. Also, If you have written that your character flees or retreats you have most likely lost.
Sometimes you control a unit of npcs and then you need to keep track of how many you have left.

Lets say your "opponent" writes that he throws a grenade at a barricade where your troops are taking shelter. It is then up to you to decide the effect of that grenade. Deaths, wounded, other... Needless to say is that everyone are expected to try and be fair about this and dont ignore an opponents attack.

If both writers started with 100 soldiers and one writer has lost 50 and the other 70 that number can also play an important part in deciding victor at the end of the invasion.

Equipment is usually essential in PVP write ups. If you have poor equipment the other writer can use that to his/her advantage so make sure to browse our armory manifest for items you might use.

Should you and your opponent not come to an agreement on who won you turn to us (faction staff) to decide for you. If we cant either a neutral role play judge is asked to call the decission).

Hm, what else?

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Thanks for the through explaination of victories :D

I have another silly question. In regards to PvP loadout, is there a limit to how much someone can bring, e.g. you can only bring a maximum amount of x amount of items or is it how much my character can believably bring?

Apologies for my noobiness.

Typically it's in regards to how much your character can believably carry without being overburdened and incapable of functioning in whatever role they take on, unless stated otherwise in the terms of the invasion, which isn't the case here. Just play things logically and you should be A-OK.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Thanks for your answer :)

Also, hope I'm not being a pain (I feel like an annoying child with my many questions XD) but may I get some critique on my loadout? Everything is linked in my sig.

I'm probably going to add an assault rifle to it soon. Please tell me if I'm going overboard :D

You're not being annoying at all! Happy to help. :)

Do you plan on being mostly stationary throughout the invasion? You've got a sniper tag in your sig, so I figured it was worth asking. If that's the case I'd say everything looks fine, but when it comes to moving around for a prolonged amount of time (think infantry soldier and the like) I'm not sure if you'd be able to carry everything around for too long without getting tired. I'd recommend taking the relative weight of everything in comparison to what you estimate the strength and stamina of your character to be.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Thank you! I didn't think about estimating the strength and stamina for my character so I will keep that in mind :D

I intend to keep my distance if possible but I am preparing for the worst should Sofia have to engage in close combat with stuff that is high damage and/or have a high rate of fire.

I might switch the pistols for an assault rifle just in case she has to run then so she has a variety of ranges covered should she have to be on her feet.

[member="Niall OOC"] [member="Sofia Annesley"]

I just recalled another thing that might be good to keep in mind.

Dont write that you hit your opponent or how your attacks effect your opponent. You write what your character "tries to do" not what in fact happens.

Ie, write: Mantic raises his gun and takes a deep breath before aiming at Mr Evils fore head. The shot goes off and MAntic drops to a knee to dodge any returning fire.

You do Not write: Mantic raises his gun and takes a deep breath and then shoots Mr Evil in the forehead.

The same goes the other way around. Dont accept that your opponent describe how an attack impacts your character. That is up to you.

If you ever feel that you need to correct something or wonder about what your opponent meant, PM the writer or ask in the OOC thread and talk OOC about it. Its no big deal, everyone gets a bit overly enthustiastic at times and write more then they should in these terms ;)

Maybe I missed something but....

My understanding is that Mando's have attacked Republic Asteroids. We now have to rush over there(post our arrival) and fight by ship and ground.

My question is, where is the ground battle and what should I know about it? This isn't exactly a normal planetary fight.

Vulpesen said:
Maybe I missed something but....

My understanding is that Mando's have attacked Republic Asteroids. We now have to rush over there(post our arrival) and fight by ship and ground.

My question is, where is the ground battle and what should I know about it? This isn't exactly a normal planetary fight.
Aye, that sums it up good enough :)

The Mandos are focusing their ground attack on Nickel one. the Roche "capital" - as for the actual mileu I find it a bit hard to gwet a good picture on what Nickel one actually looks like.
But the Gr is trying to point to the central hub as a second important battle ground. However, in the end where you fight wont matter. Its PvP outcomes that decides the voctor of the invasion, not what locations have been taken or defended.

I guess picking location will matter if you dont get anyone to fight with, if you are in a location where others already are you can join their fight faster. Otherwise a "transport post from location Y to location X" is prob in order before you can join in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom