Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Coruscant

Here it is, the one you've all been waiting for.

We'll invade on the 1st. Objectives will be freeform. Basically, do what you want. (No fleeting)

However, we'll be forming up strike teams like we did in the last invasion to give a sense of cohesion so you don't feel left out.

No alt limit.

Ryan Korr said:
No alt limit.
demi_lovato_gif_3_by_glitteroxy_artfans-d5gc37n.gif
DEMI-Thumbs-Up-GIF.gif

I'm going to start this invasion off with a bang. Orbital defenses will be taking out the Eidolon and I'm going to be drop podding onto the surface. From there, if you're a soldier or a slicer, I'd appreciate the company as we work towards messing with the weather.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Ryan Korr said:
We'll invade on the 1st. Objectives will be freeform. Basically, do what you want. (No fleeting)
this is just stupid. We were trying to move over to the GA but if we have nothing to do

EDIT: wasn't the point of the new rules to make a good story and move away from dueling? How is not allowing the fleeters a chance to write a good story fair? there is no more dealing, its all about the story, so Um WTH?

In the future, please present your points of contention in a non-inflammatory manner. Thanks! :)

There will be no fleeting because the OS requested us not to have any fleeting. No one said there won't be any NPCs. However, we want to avoid number crunching as much as possible.

Not having objectives does not mean everything is about duels. We are not going to be 'counting' duels. Everything will be based upon story. I believe the Rogues already have a crash landing survival scenario they are working on. Same for Astarii.

Without objectives, you have to actually think of a plot beyond getting to Point A and destroying Device B, which is sadly how objectives are normally treated. This allows for even more freedom in storytelling. Not less.

There are ways to write about being an Admiral beyond "my fleet's superior tactics overwhelm theirs." Example: a shot takes out the critical components of Reshmar's ship and now he and his crew must struggle to survive.

[member="Reshmar"]

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Who else would fight on the surface of Coruscant? It is for dominions and invasions that I had the Alliance's minesweepers as the NPCs under my direct command. You can be certain that the One Sith will station a massive ground army there and, with it, my own armor unit is definitely far from enough.

The new invasion rules allow people to focus more on the story aspect and less on the number crunching, like [member="Ryan Korr"] said above.

So instead of worrying about "OS has X troops more than me", pour your focus and posts into crafting a plot that revolves around it. The desperation of going against an enemy that outnumbers you! The terror and excitement of guerrilla tactics in an urban environment! The assistance you seek out with the locals!
Find someone in the OS who's more into the NPC side of things, work out a story with them, and have at it.

RP is about cooperative writing. Go have fun.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Ryan Korr"]

I was not trying to come off as inflammatory, But it kinda goes against the new invasion rules. what was the point of the new rules. Also Sure there are ways outside just fleet smashing but why should I have to write something I do not want to? Isn't the new invasion rule system there to allow creative freedom by not limiting invasions to just dueling? IF my writing fleet contributes to the battle story why am I not allowed to write? according to the new rules I should be able to write what I want as long as it is part of the story. I feel limiting me and other fleet writers from fleeting is not fair and goes against the new invasion rules. That is all I meant by what I said. IN the end It is the factions staff to set up a story idea not limit what can and can not be written. If they need someone to write fleet for them I will. I understand there are not alot of us and they are limited to fleet writers But believe me there was a great deal of us excited about the coruscant fleet battle and who have been planning for a week for it and now we are just out of luck because of limitations being placed on a story that in my opinion goes against the new guidelines for invasions. Guys the point of the new rules was to create a good story, and by having this guideline placed on the invasion really hinders that. How did you get there? wasn't there a massive fleet above the world when you got there? how will you leave? You guys are limiting me and other people who want to wriet in this. Why?

Mara has access to immensely secret and very fun access routes from the Coruscant Undercity to the former site of the Jedi Temple (and current site of some Sithy stuff). I'll be doing that. Company is more than welcome. Eat no beans.

I do not know how you are drawing the connection between "No Objectives" = "Only Dueling," but that reasoning is incorrect.

I'm not the one you need to convince about fleeting, @Reshmar.

This isn't the GA saying you can't fleet, it is the OS saying they do not want to fleet. Let me be very clear. You cannot force the OS to fleet with you if they do not want to.

So if you can find someone in the OS who will fleet with you, I will try to persuade Darth Erebos. Otherwise, please consider other options.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Ryan Korr"]

This is not PVP it is story based now according to the new invasion rules. Why would I need an opponent? Also I have offered the OS my services in fleeting 2 times before and was told no.

I was told by someone there was not going to be any NPC ground. They must have been worng. Since there is no limitation on NPC ground I will let them know.

Why should I "consider other options?" Fleeting is what I love and what I want to write. I have time after time been left out of invasions because I am not one of the cool pvp kids. The whole reason for the new rules was to make it story based so why would a dual partner be an issue. If I write a good battle with reasonable losses and do not over step, why would it matter? people have writen non pvp in invasions. healers, other people just doing things. I am being singled out because I write fleet. That is what I want to write, why am I told i have to write something else? If the GR said No dueling all NPC and FLeet in their next invasion how would the people who love and write pvp feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom