Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Indigo District

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOWf0TD.png
yxR2IBm.png
jVGW9nE.png

Name: Indigo District

Image Source: Screenshot of Star Wars The Old Republic found on Pinterest.com edited poorly by me, Kotaku.com and credit to Jan Urschel for the spoilered images

Classification: District within Zeltros (city)

Affiliation: Planet of Zeltros

Population: 6,000

Demographics: 75% Zeltron, 15% Human/Near-Human, 10% Other

Points of Interest:

Utopia- A brothel that half-heartedly fronts as a spa and massage parlor, known for being less than clean and a bit on the trashy side, but otherwise cheap and satisfying. The employees are often despondent, but are cutthroat against each other and tend to put on an enthusiastic front.
Blush- The largest dance club in the Indigo District. Known to turn a blind eye to quiet criminal activity such as smuggling and substance abuse, Blush is a popular choice for those with questionable morals who want to have a good night. The wait staff and dancers are most often young Zeltron men and women.
The Pit- A small shockboxing arena known for its grisly fights and occasional death. While not outright illegal, the entrance is literally underground and is moderately guarded. About half of the contending boxers are Zeltrons, the other half being different species, generally vacationers from different words or spacers. Gambling often takes place at these events.
The Honey Flower- A sit down restaurant that seems to be doing moderately well, probably due to the fact that they host illegal Dinko fighting in the back. Another popular spot for gambling.
The Projects- Housing projects where most of the residents live. The Projects are comprised of several large, tall permacrete buildings with many floors. The bright colored paint that once coated these buildings is faded and chipped, giving them a dull appearance.

Description:

Zeltros may be a world renowned for its luxury, but not all of its inhabitants live and work in higher class establishments. While Zeltros are known to be a bit more lax than most advanced words when it comes to alcohol and drug consumption, there is a certain area of the Zeltros capital that caters, perhaps unknowingly, to a different type of crowd. A seedier crowd. Bored with lavish spas and theme parks? Looking for a cheap thrill or two? Head on over to the Indigo District.

If the streets of Zeltros City have loose morals, then the Indigo District has none. Despite its colorful name, the Indigo District is often likened to Nar Shaddaa in terms of appearance and business. While it is comparatively safer, the Indigo District is primarily made up of brothels, bars, fighting pits and cheap eateries. Spice and other illicit substances are easily accessible, though not outright. Overall violence is relatively low given the pheromones that generally blanket the area, but criminal incidents such as theft and domestic abuse are the highest in this area than in any other part of the city. The street corners are often littered with women—and men—looking to reel a quick customer in as well as spice peddlers. Unlike Nar Shaddaa, the Indigo District does not house any powerful crime lords—organized crime is generally small and loosely arranged, amounting to little more than street gangs.

History:

The Indigo District is typically where poorer Zeltrons make their home. It was never intended to be a tourist destination, nor was it thought of one early on—most Zeltrons living there worked in other areas of the city given the dim job prospects in the Indigo District. However, things began to shift as Zeltros became increasingly well known as a vacation destination. While the luxury amenities were highly sought after, a bigger role in the spotlight for Zeltros meant increased visitors with different interests. Those who were bored with the perfect beaches and pristine spas eventually found their way to the Indigo District where they would be freer to experience the rougher touch of what Zeltros had to offer—cheap women, illegal fights, gambling, you name it. This increased business drew most residents back to work in their home district as harlots, dancers, wait staff, beauticians, etc.

The government of Zeltros recognized the increasing popularity of the Indigo District, though it was not popular enough—nor did it align with the image they were trying to sell—for them to openly advertise it. The Indigo District is still easily accessible, though knowledge of it generally spreads through word of mouth. Given that it caters to a certain type of tourist, the government of Zeltros does little more than the bare minimum to support the Indigo District and its residents financially so that it may retain its cheap and sleazy appeal.

Intent: To create and flesh out a poorer, less pretty area on Zeltros.

Links:
Zeltros

[member="Joza Perl"]

I really like this. It's a nice sub that fleshes out certain type of areas not mentioned in the planet's wiki but that undoubtedly existed.

The only thing I'll ask before putting my own approval stamp on it is an image source for all three images used in the sub. The last two are from Jan Urschel. This link works well for the spoilered images as it has artist info at the top and shows off his work at the bottom.

Thanks

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Thank you!

I've credited the proper source for the spoilered images (thank you for finding that!), but I couldn't find a direct source for the first image given that it's a screenshot of a game. I made note of that in the image source, I hope that it's enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom