Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Wild Space: Are You A Pirate Or Survivor? [Open To All]

TpClGQJ.jpg
2 Hours Ago...
1900 Hours - Galactic Standard Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_phxzbpf95E
Alarms fired throughout the countless decks as passengers were violently awoken. A low rumble of explosions erupted elsewhere on the ship, rocking the vessel in a quake. Clanking of boots against metal flooring came from those assigned to security making their way to alert passengers of their perilous situation. Thumping of gloved hands against closed cabin doors served as a secondary means of rising still sleeping crew, if any were yet unconscious. Areas of the ship already deemed volatile were sealed off, leaving those within to their grim fates. It was an unfortunate sacrifice, but those trapped within would provide the rest of the survivors the necessary time to evacuate the ship before suffering catastrophic failure and imminent destruction. High above Zakuul, the passenger vessel Tisza was in grave danger. With a nonfunctional hyperdrive, and its ion engines damaged, the ability for the bridge command to evade or flee had been stripped away. The ship, caught in the planet's gravitational pull, was slowing being brought out of orbit on a crash course with Zakuul's surface. To make matters worse, pirates had been lying in wait within the system just as the Tisza dropped from hyperspace. Power had been redirected to the life support systems on board, thereby sacrificing what limited weaponry the ship possessed, leaving the crew with no option but to allow the pirates to board. Hopefully, with any luck, their lives would be spared, and what little cargo they carried would suffice as the villains bounty.

The sound of grating metal against metal rang out as men began to cut through the hatchway. Panicked crew stood fast with blasters aimed towards the entrance. It was a last ditch effort to prevent their demise and save their passengers from harm. Little service it would pay, as their vastly outgunned and heavily armored adversaries cut them down with swift precision found only in highly trained mercenary bands. For their effort, the captain of the ship was jettisoned from the airlock promptly after witnessing the merciless slaughter of his surviving crew one by one. A woman by the name of Victoria, a communications officer and the man's newlywed wife was coincidentally the final life executed before the captain's own demise. Fire had well spread across several decks below the command bridge, enough to engulf those already trapped below, while those facing the rear of the ship and the upper decks had yet to realize the full breadth of their situation.

While a number of pirates searched the cargo and shipping containers, others spread out through the still accessible areas of the Tisza, killing and robbing each and every passenger they located. The more technically inclined figure within the group shut down the distress signal set by the captain prior to his demise, as well as worked to shut down power to the remaining reactor, while simultaneously destroying the terminals thereafter to ensure any survivor fortunate enough to escape their eye would be incapable of reversing the work done to ensure the crash on the planet's surface.

The explosions that racked the ship prior to the boarding party arriving, perhaps fortunately, sealed one corridor with debris and rubble, ensuring the survival of at least six passengers within that wing. Jamie found herself there, awoken by the sudden klaxon of alarms with the understanding of what exactly that meant, though without the understanding of why, or who was responsible. Wild Space was largely untraveled territory, star charts and maps only provided a glimpse of data into the area. Despite her best attempt to rationalize who may have been the hand that drove the hammer she was at a loss. By the time she reached the hatchway, finger pressing on the terminal along the wall to release the hydraulic door it was already too late. The blonde got a quick jolt from the panel as her finger touched a live wire, immediately forcing her to recoil with a yelp, and a flicking of her finger in reflex. Banging on the door and yelling proved to be of little help, and it would take quite some time to burn through the reinforced hatch with a lightsaber. Still, that was her only means of escape, and freeing the other passengers trapped along with her. With gravity in control of the vessel now, a certain measure of direction could be felt as the Tisza was slowly brought out of orbit.

Quickly the blonde rushed back to her quarters, pulling from within her bag Rominaria, the lightsaber she built in place of the one stolen and subsequently returned to her by Castor Ren. By now the other passengers had begun to gather, some talking among themselves as to what was going on, what to do, and whether or not it was best to wait or try and break free. For all their bickering Jamie ignored them, intent on escaping herself, rather than leaving her fate up to chance. With a flick of her finger the blade activated, the emitted pressed firmly against the seal of the hatch, by which she slowly began the arduous process of cutting through.

Another explosion shook the hull to its very core. One of the reactors below deck had finally given. The overhead bins within the corridor tore open and several heavy containers shot out as quickly as a slug left the barrel of a gun. Before the blonde had a moment to turn or otherwise save herself, a heavy piece of durasteel caught her against the back of the head, dropping the young woman to the floor and into unconsciousness before ever realizing it. The weapon she carried fell with her, its bright orange hue collapsing back inwards as the hilt hit the metal floor with a clank.

HDqjdx1.jpg
2100 Hours - Galactic Standard Time
Present : Two Hours Post Crash
The blonde groaned as her cerulean eyes pulled open, groggily looking about what was left of the ship she had been on. The corridor, if one could even still call it that, was torn open, a gaping hole on the western wall where her quarters used to be. Several bodies lay lifeless, strewn about the hall in a smeared mixture of debris and blood stains. Silence echoed throughout. Jamie had been propped up against the reinforced hatch that only hours before she was attempting to cut through. That meant at least someone had made it, discovered she was still alive, but perhaps was unable or unwilling to carry her wherever they were going, perhaps to find and return with help. Though perhaps not. For all she knew, she was on her own now. Thankfully whoever had abandoned her left her lightsaber with her. A generous gesture for sure. Observing herself quickly, it appeared that she still had all of her fingers and toes, and aside from more than a dozen bruises, and being covered with soot, dirt, and sweat, she was no worse for wear. Still, pushing herself up from where she had been sitting was no simple task, and her body ached and protested every step of the way. Those lying on the ground were most certainly deceased, there was no question of that, and thus, where Jamie would otherwise always try to save a life, she knew it would be of no service there.

Forcing herself to the gaping hole in the hull, the blonde stood, bracing herself with either hand along the jagged metal, and gazed out into the vast jungle that was Zakuul:​
A planet rich in the Force, of both Light and Dark.​
Was she alone? Were there other survivors? Had the pirates followed the Tisza to the surface?
Qa1ZIXe.jpg

​Clank.

​Clank.

​Clank.

​Slow, metallic footsteps echo through the dark corridors. One of the passengers is awake. He is alive. And he is angry.

​Clank.

​Clank.

​Clank.

​He stalks though the dark, his pace slow, deliberate. In his right hand, his lightsaber. The argent blade, for now, lies dormant, adding nothing to the pitch black through which he moves. In his left hand, his Colt, and ancient weapon, primitive in every sense of the word, a relic of days gone by. For centuries, it has travelled many a darkened ship just like this one, ready to sing its song to the unfortunate souls who have earned the wrath of its owners.

​Clank.

​Clank.

​Clank.

​The footsteps are an open invitation to pirates wishing to try their luck. How hard could one little droid be to destroy? For those who wish to find out, they need only step into the darkness and seek the one called Eralam.

Barney had been thrown from the crash.

Green eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the darkness of the forest. The orbs slowly lit with recognition as the Zeltron observed his surroundings, taking in slowly-materializing shapes and colors.

Wh... Where am I?

Barney blinked, trying to rouse himself. He was laid out unceremoniously in a night-lit jungle, crushed foliage and splintered wood around him. No birds chirped, no small animals rustled, but the sounds of fire and creaking metal greeted his ears. He could see the Tisza not thirty meters ahead of him, a breach in it's hull, fallen into the jungle, clawing up dirt and debris in it's death-throes.

Barnabas tried to sit, to get a better view of his immediate area, before screeching in pain.

His forearm was swollen and bloody, the usual pink pigment of his skin turned dark and splotchy, twisted behind his back in his apparent fall. Barney almost dropped out of consciousness as he fell back to his resting position, arm limp over his stomach.

WIth a sudden panic, the Zeltron boy realized he was alone.

"Hello?!" Barney called out, voice hoarse and strained. "I'm... I can't move! I can't... move! It hurts! My arm, it..." He felt tears touch the sides of his face. "Help! ... Anyone!"

His voice died away, and he sat still.

"Anyone?"

| [member="Jamie Pyne"] | [member="Eralam"] |​

It was a rarity to get time off in the Imperial Military, even more rare that I had been given two weeks off. I assumed the lengthy vacation was due in part to my recent bout with insubordination; but I took this vacation as a blessing more than a punishment. Now the problem facing me was what to do with this time off? I was a hoarder when it came to my credits, but most in the Stormtrooper legions were. I had visited numerous planets, free of charge thanks to the Empire, but those visits were far from one's idea of a vacation; I did enjoy the sightseeing, but not the long marches. Then it came to me, why not get some rest and relaxation on some passenger vessel, the kind the rich and snobbish boast so much about. Finding the right one, I purchased the overpriced ticket watching sadly as my substantial pile of credits dwindled to near nothingness. Seems I'll be working some overtime when I return.

Naturally, I left my Stromtrooper gear at the base while packing two weeks of clothes along with my two weapons. I didn't foresee trouble, but it came down to 'better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it'. Of course, I couldn't use my Imperial designation code or the nickname I earned; so I registered under my birth name of Kel Jarka. The trip was eventful, and I met some very high class individuals, learning along the way I had no taste for politics. It was on the sixth night of the voyage that I partook in high volumes of alcohol, and passed out in my quarters unaware of the unforeseeable trouble.

Snapping my eyes open, I heard screams followed by the sounds of twisting metal. At first I ignored it chalking it up to faded dreams, however, when the familiar sounds of blaster fire echoed in the corridor outside my room; I jumped from my soft bed unlocking the two cases under it. I strapped the scatter gun's sheath on my back, tightening the straps to ensure it stood firmly in place before jamming the gun inside. Next, I grabbed my SMG and several spare clips shoving some in my pocket and some in the utility belt, before latching it around my waist. Taking a deep breath, I exited my quarters stepping into a warzone. Fire, smoke, dead bodies, scorch marks on walls, and chaos was all around me. A man, whom I met on the second day, was propped up against the wall, his breathing labored.

I shook my head, not wanting to believe pirates had attacked. Had the man not been some respectable doctor in his field, I would have thought him mad when he told me. I examined the wound, knowing even if I had my medical gear, he was beyond saving. Taking his hand, I knelt by his side until he passed away; then stood up to honor my promise to him, find his wife. The barrel of the SMG remained locked in front of me whilst I peered through the scope. Usually I would have used the scatter gun for this situation, but problem was that I was not entirely sure what this situation was. Moving from one section of the vessel to the next, vibrations from explosions, by-products of explosives no doubt, lent support in rocking the vessel.

Turning the corner, I saw several passengers making good work of the escape pods. Hopefully, I thought, one would be remaining after I found this man's wife. But her fate would never be known to me. From the opposite side from where I stood, the doors slid apart and low and behold, four pirates emerged. Getting the drop on them first, I laid two down while one dipped inside an adjoining room; but the fourth one surprised me. Just before the thermal detonator went off, I flung myself toward one of the open escape pods; and was rushed forward much harder from the explosion behind me, bonking my head in the process. Then came darkness.

Slowly I opened my eyes whilst feeling a throbbing coursing through my head. I tried to sit up to quickly, expelling the remaining alcohol in my stomach. "Damn it," I cursed knowing the early signs of a concussion was in place. But that was the least of my concerns when I saw the wreckage and scattered escape pods everywhere.

RC-1047

A plan is only as good as those who see it through
The Clone stirred slowly, his helmet had been knocked off during a apparent crash? Or was it deliberate? RC-1047 slowly got up he looked at his armor, It was scorched and had deep gashes within it.

The Clone had no memory of what happened..

​Casper's armor had protected his life, The Clone chuckled, A near life experience? RC-1047 picked up his helmet that had started to stray away from him.

RC-1047 put his helmet on hitting a button that sealed the current air in his suit and would put a slight bacta that would flow through the suit healing some burn mark's.

RC-1047 unslinged the DC-17M from his back looking around, Casper had always lived to be on alert, It was like his programming as a clone, and he always listened to that such programming.

Soon Casper had exited the vessel, He was now in a Night-lit jungle, he turned on his spotlight helmet view, The light cut through the darkness shining around him, he looked around for any survivor's.

"Hello?!"

Casper heard the weak voice he looked to the source, he still couldn't find it..

"I'm... I can't move! I can't... move! It hurts! My arm, it..."

"Help! ... Anyone!"

RC-1047 went to the source of the voice finding the source, He saw a boy, A Zeltron one?

RC-1047 kneeled down next to him taking off his helmet, "Kid, Tell me what's wrong, I can't help you if you don't tell me things." Casper informed the boy as he layed down his DC-17M.

[member="Barnabas Harou"]

Zakuul was on the borders of First Order Space. Kyrel Ren a Master of Ren was always interested in places that had to deal with the arcane past. Much of which was lost during the 400-year Darkness. When he had heard of a pirate attack by the group known as the Tisza. He didn't much care for the band of rabble, but he did hear of the pirate attack, he would deal with them quickly and without much ease. He flew his TIE Advanced into space setting coordinates for Zakuul.

After some time spent in hyperspace, the craft emerged to see several Pirate ships right in front of him. They did not waste any time in firing at him, he grabbed the control yokes quickly and fired back at them, blasts of green turbo laser fire hit one of the ships blowing it to pieces while narrowly avoiding the enemy fire in the process. He kept doing a pattern of avoiding the enemy fire and returning fire picking the enemy off one by one, till something had come that he did not expect till it was too late. Proximity alarms went off and in a haze, he figured enemy reinforcements came right behind him and managed to get the engines.

The Fighter started to spin out of control as it made its descent into the world. Kyrel doing all that he could to save the ship, he kept trying to save the engines or resort to emergency power, but none of it was working. He knew that he was descending rapidly onto the world and he had only little time to react. He used the Force to form a protective bubble around himself, as the fighter slowly started to burn in the atmosphere. He looked and saw that he was heading towards what looked to be a swamp or a jungle.

The Fighter or what was left of it crashed into the clearing, Kyrel for a time was unconscious for a moment till he regained his boundaries, and what he saw was the ship was unrecognizable. It was now nothing more than a twisted and battered hunk of Durasteel. He slowly stood up the servos within his legs had a bit difficult as he tried to regain his balance. He then looked around knowing he was surrounded by thick jungle. He knew that he needed to find some way off world and moved back to what was left of the fighter. He got a survival kit that carried a homing beacon, and proceeded to leave the ship behind, walking slowly he reached out with the Force. It was a mix of both Dark and Light. Strange for someone who only dealt in darkness, but as he reached out more. He felt several beings, a couple being Force Signatures... Jedi...Sith... If it was the former then he could always hunt them down and he would as he began his long trek through the lush jungle in search of a way off-world.

[member="RC-1047"] [member="Reaper"] [member="Barnabas Harou"] [member="Eralam"] [member="Jamie Pyne"]

Drogh

D
The pain, the unbearable unthinkable pain. Drogh knew he wasn't dead, despite the darkness surrounding him on all fronts. He knew he was alive because the pain was far to real, but his eyes staggered to open. His felt his fingers, his toes, his arms and legs and with great effort and agony he opened his eyes. Gasping as he opened his eyes, he was greeted by a dark sky, the smell of fire and melted metal consumed him. He clenches his fists, only to realize whwre sharp pain in his hand was coming from. Breathing deeply he forced him self to sit up, gazing down at his broken hand, glass going straight though it. Burns lightly glazed his body all around, bunt cloth reeked around Drogh, as he found embers of light flickering around him. He was lucky not to be burnt skin, his flesh while hurting remained, skin torn but intact.

What was Drogh doing on the ship? Well, Drogh wasn't supposed to be there, sneaked on as cheap way to travel, the sudden flames and fire was not intended, Drogh was surprised he survived at all. The shard of glass was annoying Drogh, gnawing his teeth together he took out the glass, it was like a million blades scrapping against skin. Drogh forced him self up, standing tall and yet he felt some thing, some thing he didn't like. The force here was stretched and shredded between the light and the dark, and then a severe rush of a migraine hit Drogh like fist to a face. He fell back down on his knees, holding his hands over his head, trying desperately to make the pain go away, it was as if he head was beating like a heart. The pain went away enough for Drogh to gain some semblance of stability, picking him self up again once more, getting a clearer sight of what happened. Charred and broken corpses littered the jungle, some hang from branches overs laid down in the dark.

Faints echos of pain and agony yelled out, eroded yells to Drogh, they meant nothing to him. He could think of nothing else then to walk towards the chaos.

Xin squeezed his eyes shut as the clanging continued. With touch alone he checked and tightened the straps of the emergency harness. The noise at the door intensified. Xin prayed to the luck of outlaws that the door would hold a little longer. What was on the other side had a lot of guns, a lot of scars and an awful lot of rage.

"What are you doing?" Called a voice. The banging stopped.

"That nautolan is in there!"

"And? Didn't have anything worth stealing."

"He shot Bo! Right 'tween the eyes! Then ran off and locked himself in 'ere."

"Bastard. Fine, I'll see if there's an arc laser. Just don't stick around. Ships going down."

"You hear that squid? Gonna get a cutter and slice you outta there!"

Xin couldn't even gather the courage to shout back something witty. That was almost a first. He cursed his two-sided luck. On one side it kept him safe from minute to minute. He had just run down a narrow corridor chased by a hail of blaster bolts and come out unscathed. The other side of his luck seemed determined to keep him in poverty and in situations where he was going to get shot at.

The banging resumed. The seat and harness that had unfolded from the wall didn't seem all that sturdy. With every loud clang he imagined the door giving way and his doom being framed in the opening.

"I suppose," he murmured to himself. "That if the ship is about to break up in atmosphere he won't be a concern for long. Nothing will."

"What's that boy? Are you ready to beg? All you get is last words."

"I'll think of some good ones!" Xin shouted. "Your friend Bo's were rubbish. Think they were 'Oh feth.'"

"Oh I'm gonna skin yer..."

Xin woke up to darkness. Absolute in the true sense of the word. His sensitive eyes could pick out no shapes; no photons strayed into this room. For a moment Xin wondered if he was actually alive. Then he started to explore his surroundings with touch. If there was an afterlife it probably didn't have buckles and straps.

He took a moment before releasing himself. Down still seemed to be the direction his feet were pointing in so they might have managed some kind of landing. He wiggled his toes, then his feet. Whilst every part of him was in pain he couldn't detect any serious injuries. Not yet anyway.

He slipped to the deck, legs giving way and leaving him on all floors. He felt around on the ground as he crawled towards where the door was. It took time to find. His sense of scale seemed all wrong in the pitch black, but finally his fingers found the frame.

He found the heavy handle that had kept him alive. He braced against the floor and shaky muscles managed to inch it up and unlock the door. It didn't open. Xin had to shoulder it twice just to open it a crack. That caused him to snap his eyes shut and slowly blink them open again to adjust. It was natural light, streaming into the ship. He slammed himself against the door, stubborn in its warped frame, three more times until he could slip through.

The pirate that has chased him was still there. At least his body was. Dried blood caked his hair and face. It seemed he'd ignored the warning of his crewmate and stayed at the door right til they hit atmo.

"Moron." Xin took his blaster carbine and power packs and moved further into the ship. He kept his hands free. The environment was more of a risk right now he reasoned and he didn't want any survivors to think he might have been one of the pirates himself.

There were voices. That was hopefully a good thing. Depended how his luck felt like treating him.

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Part of the ship exploded behind her as the young apprentice made haste out a bulk head, just avoiding some shrapnel headed for the face, one scar was enough for now, but that was not to problem. Like every adventure Sukai went on it ended up with her almost dying all the time, even when deciding to take a much bigger ship to avoid certain people, weather they be bounty hunters, assassin or Sith, the galaxy just loved to play tricks on her.

Getting out of cover the young woman launched into a sprint in the direction of the hanger bay, intent of reaching her private star fighter, she would have better odd against what ever was attacking then staying inside if only she had embarked earlier then intended. The planet of Zakuul was her goal as it was rich in the force, a place of mystery and a place marked on the personal travel list, one of the other reason why Sukai had opted for a popper ship since her Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor did not have a huge amount of storage space or hyper-drive.

Coming closer to the hanger bay several beams had been dislodged from the roof during the fighting blocking her path, "Im getting real tired of these situations". Taking out her fathers blade, Sukai started to cut away at the blockade of metal, ignoring the rock of the ship and it's slight list,Only once it seemed that the hull had become compromised did the heap of metal finally give way to the constant cutting. Quickly she had a bee line too the ship, dodging falling ceiling panels and even more violent rocking.

Climbing into the cockpit the craft seemed to accurately start up fast for once, "great look like ill be able to get out of this one w...", a sudden sharp jolt and explosion from behind sent the fighter flying forwards, the engines being to damaged to work properly. Sukai pulled up on the control stick but the ship would not respond properly, soon another explosion came from behind sending the ship into a spiral towards the surface of the planet.

It didn't take long for the ship to reach the ground as it spiraled out of control, after trying to regain some balance of the she she gave up on traditional methods and instead reached out with her hand. Trying to concentrate Sukai used the force to bend part of the wing. slowly nut surly the fighter leveled out, returning to and upright position, opening her eye she was greeted with the sight of tree approaching very fast. Panicking Sukai grabbed back a hold of the control staff pulling hard to try and avoid smashing into the ground, the ship hit the ground at an angle skipping across the surface several times before slowly grinding to a halt, smoke billowing out of its engines.

Slowly the canopy opened, and Sukai crawled out along the wing before skidding down the side, much to tired by the whole ordeal to resist, were was she?, and had anyone else survived. Feeling around with the force their was another neutral presence, but also a dark one, though not that of a Sith it seemed. For now she lied their resting up a bit, getting over the shock and gaining her strength again. Though in the distance she could see the crash site and hear a plea of help, some how one that seemed familiar.

/ [member="Xin Boa"] / [member="Drogh"] / [member="Kyrel Ren"] / [member="RC-1047"] / [member="Barnabas Harou"] / [member="Reaper"] /

Spending only a few short moments standing between the opening of the ship's interior and the jungle was enough for Jamie to begin feeling the oppressive heat. Small beads of sweat dotted her forehead and neck just beneath her hairline. Locks of gold draped haphazardly over her face, clinging in their dampened state to her cheeks. She exhaled, azure eyes glancing around for any signs of life. What remained of the downed starship had partially sank into the mud, yet no tracks appeared visible. Odd. The blonde brushed her hands along her clothing, freeing loose dirt and grime from partially torn dress. Zakuul itself was just as dangerous, if not more so than the pirates that had pursued the Tisza. A planet in conflict with itself, the Force pulling both Light and Dark in constant tension. It was a planet she knew little of, but enough to know that it wasn't where one wanted to find themselves stranded. The vibrant green of the jungle before her all seemed to meld together in a haze, with the harsh glow of the planet's moon breaking through where it could. The air was damp and equally oppressive. Dehydration would be a swift and terrible end if one spent too long in the wilds with no source of water. Jamie knew the two most important tasks at hand were finding survivors and locating a stream or river. Already the inside of her mouth felt as dry as the sands of Tatooine. Thank the Goddess it wasn't midday, where the sun would be high above the trees, rays of light beating down upon the unprotected skin.

Sitting back down between the torn hull Jamie picked up a small, sharp object, twisted and partially melted from the impact and subsequent fires that had since been extinguished. It was a shame what she was about to do, but the clothing she wore would only serve to weigh her down and slow her pace. Carefully the woman cut the fabric just above the knees, from front to back, thereby freeing her legs and feet from the risk of tripping herself on the jungle floor. By extension the heat would be lessened some small degree as well. A small victory for sure. As she worked, a short distance away the woman heard the clatter of grating metal, a series of banging that gave an indication that there was at the very least one other living person among the wreckage still. Finishing what she had been doing the Jedi pushed herself up to her feet once more, dropping the small improvised knife onto the deck and poked her head free of the opening for a better listen. Again she heard the banging, this time louder, a series of three thuds before a loud creaking of what sounded to be a hatch giving way. The girl's heart skipped a beat as she quickly hopped down and into the thick mud with a disgusting sounding splat! A moderate splash of filth erupted and spattered her legs while she began trudging through the bit of muck to reach the far end of the wreckage. All around her she could sense the whispers of the Force. Light against Dark. It was impossible for her to gauge whether these were living presences, or those natural to the planet. Instead of a boon, her sensitivity to the Force was a detriment here. She would have to use her other senses to locate the survivor still aboard.

Another deep gash in the hull allowed the lithe Jedi to slip through where others might have difficulty. "Hello?!" She called out, accented Nabooian voice trailing throughout the empty, warped corridor. "Anyone in here?"

Her hands pressed gently against the durasteel blast doors that separated one area of the ship from another. What those areas used to be however was anyone's guess at this point. The wreckage all seemed to look the same, and navigating much further would be an uphill battle. Peering between the two partially closed doors, she saw little of anything, though her ears did pick up the sound of boots. She pushed on the doors, trying to force them open. "Hey!" She shouted, "You!" With a groan the woman separated the doors with a concentrated effort of the Force, though not without staunch protest from the hatch. The metal cried and creaked the whole way until finally she released her hold, slipping her body through once again another small opening. "Wait!" For the briefest of seconds she caught sight of what looked to be an alien of some kind. Togruta perhaps? Or Nautolan. She wasn't certain in the dark of the ruined hall.

[member="Xin Boa"] | [member="Eralam"] | [member="Drogh"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="RC-1047"] | [member="Reaper"] | [member="Barnabas Harou"] |​

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Zai groaned. Where was he? Did he take too many shots at the bar with Hala again? He tried to roll over but couldn't seem to move. His eyes opened in a panic. He stared up at dappled light shining through a massive tear through the ship hull. The events of the last 24 hours came rushing back, much to his horror.

***​

He periodically signed up as an engineer on passenger ships to help keep his ever dwindling finances up. The Tisza was no exception. They actually didn't need another engineer for the start of the trip, he was to do maintenance on only the return voyage. Most of his time was therefore spent in the crew quarters rather than engine block.

He was in his tiny cabin when the disaster occurred. He was napping when an alarm woke him from his reverie. In less than a minute he was already dressed in engineer fatigues and rushing to engine bay. He made it down several corridors when the first explosion rocked the ship. Thrown to the side, he was dazed but quickly shook it off. The corridors were crowding with panicked passengers, so he had to push through the crowd to arrive at the engine bay.

The control panel for the door was damaged, so he reached for the manual release handle. His hand snapped back in pain. The metal was scorching, having burned Zai's hand. It was only then he peered through the tiny window into the room. The entire engine bay was on fire. Flame licked at the walls and greedily consumed the precious fuel spilling out. There was a short alarm and a blast door slammed down to seal the room. Zai stared at it in dismay. What was he supposed to do now?

He was making his way down corridors towards the escape pods when he spotted a group of people up ahead. A female passenger was collapsed on the floor screaming. A man in pirate garb grabbed her by the hair and shot her twice in the head. Zai froze as the man looked up and spotted him. The man yelled and a blaster bolt zipped past Zai's head, so close he could feel the heat of the bolt. He ducked down a service corridor and started running at a frantic pace.

It took several turns and a few close calls with pirates, but he eventually arrived at a escape pod. Three dead passengers lay in front of pod, shot as they tried to enter. Hearing the pirates footsteps echoing down the corridor; he quickly entered and sealed the door. There were more dead inside, expressions of terror frozen on their faces. Panting, Zai pushed a corpse off the main console and activated the launch procedure. He strapped himself in and reached for the disengage switch-

An almighty explosion ripped through the ship and sent it spinning. The force of the blast smashed Zai's head against the bulkhead and he passed out.

***​
Reliving the crash in his memory wasn't quite as bad as his pounding headache, but it made him feel sick. He felt awful, like he could barely move, but a little voice at the back of his mind told him that he had to get out. He fumbled for his straps but stopped when he looked below him. The floor of the escape pod had dropped away, leaving at least a 5 metre drop to the exposed jungle floor below. He groaned and looked around for some sort of handhold.

He craned his neck and heard a creaking sound from his harness. Zai froze. "Please no". he whispered and looked down. His harness had frayed badly under the pressure and was creaking loudly. He shifted slightly and it snapped.

"KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKKKKKKK" he screamed on the way down. He hit the ground. The flora cushioned his fall, but not by much. He screamed louder as a jolt of pain made his way up his legs. He did a sort of half-roll and came to rest in a large fern. He lay still, whimpering in pain.

Nothing seemed to be broken, but he'd never felt so sore. With a yelp, he managed to get a into a sitting position. He tried to croak out a 'help' but could barely manage to stay conscious. He breathed deeply and decided to remain still until he was strong enough to move, or someone found him.

[member="Jamie Pyne"] | [member="Eralam"] | [member="Barnabas Harou"] | [member="Reaper"] | [member="RC-1047"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Drogh"] | [member="Xin Boa"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

After spending some time searching through the wreckage, and to get my head straight, looking for survivors, I decided to venture out. There was nothing that could be salvaged or people to save; and unsure where I was it was in my best interest not to linger to long among the dead, just in case hungry predators came in search of easy pickings. Climbing up a tree, which was more hassle than I thought possible, I reached a high point to observe my surroundings; noticing a bellow of smoke rising from the west of my position. That was a starting point, even if it proved to be nothing.

The climb down was more favorable, except for the semi-gash in my left leg I earned during the descent. Tearing the lower half of my shirt, I tied it around my leg more to prevent infection than stopping the small flow of blood, then lowered the torn pant leg beginning my trek to the west. I went no further than a few hundred yards when I stumbled upon a swamp. Frowning down at the hidden wound, the makeshfit patch wouldn't prevent infection after splashing through the swamp water, but what option did I have. If there were others at the other crash site, it was worth the risk to grow in numbers.

Slowly and cautiously I moved through the dirty water, making every effort to keep my wound from touching the stagnant water. The whole process took longer if I had not gashed my leg, but without proper medical supplies I was tempting fate if I ventured forth carelessly. However, fate was in my favor. Reaching the end of the swamp I found a piece of the ship; and after a quick search found medical supplies. Jamming what I could in my pockets and utility belt, not over doing it knowing the ammo clips were far more like gold than supplies at this juncture, I once again headed in the direction of the smoke.

This site was similar to the one I left behind. Ruined metal, smoking debris, and dead bodies decorated the area. I looked at the trees again, contemplating if a second climb was worth it. Then I heard a faint voice from inside one of the bigger pieces of steel. Standing silently, I heard the voice again. Female. I ran, rather limped since my leg began to throb from the walk, toward the opened hatch yelling, "Hey! Hey!" When I reached the hatch, it was empty for the darkness. I didn't want to spook this woman further, especially after surviving this ordeal, so I stood outside the hatch and yelled softly, "Are you hurt? Please, do not be afraid, I mean you no harm. If you are hurt, I have supplies and can help you. If you are hurt and can't move, I'll count to thirty and head in."

And so the countdown began....

[member="Jamie Pyne"] l [member="Eralam"] l [member="Barnabas Harou"] l [member="RC-1047"] l [member="Kyrel Ren"] l [member="Drogh"] l [member="Xin Boa"] l [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] l [member="Zai Avery"]

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
"KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKKKKKKK",

A distance yell caught Sukai's attention, it sounded like someone falling?, perhaps a piece of the ship was collapsing and they were unfortunate enough to be atop of it. No she'd be able the sickening crunch of metal if that was the case, this was something unrelated to the ship, maybe someone stuck in a tree, either they sounded in danger, and judging from the length of the scream, fell a decent distance, one that would undoubtedly hurt.

Groaning a bit Sukai, using her arms lifted herself of the downed fighter, regaining a bit of balance before slowly walking in the direction that the scream came from. Coming closer to the wreak the smell of smoke filled their air, plants, people and the ship burning away in the back ground, "Lucky for me i got away from that", unfortunately the same could not be said for most likely hundreds of other people.

She shook her head, right now finding the source of the scream was the main goal, better to find someone alive then rout around a grave yard of bodies. Walking around a bit more the site of something.. orange stood out, like a small bush but, unnatural, and moving? Her walking sped up as the object became more human like in figure, was it a survivor, she could only hope. Pushing aside a branch and bush such though were conformed, in a way most unexpected.

Laying there on the ground, clutching their knee was "[member="Zai Avery"]", the young engineering prodigy had been caught by slaver one time with her, both escaping with each other help, looks like the galaxy like screwing around with one more person other than her. Sukai ran to the boys side, crouching down and placing a hand on his shoulder, "Hey are hurt whats wrong".

/ [member="Reaper"] / [member="Jamie Pyne"] / [member="Xin Boa"] / [member="Kyrel Ren"] / [member="Drogh"] / [member="RC-1047"] / [member="Barnabas Harou"] /

[member="Reaper"] [member="Jamie Pyne"]

Xin soon found that the bright light he had shied away from was nothing more than a dim haze that filtered down from cracks and openings in the hull further up the ship. Durasteel blastdoors blocked his way, but through them he could see the bright, natural light from outside. Xin could hear voices out there, but he couldn't pick out enough words to learn anything about what was going on. Part of his subconscious recognised the tone of [member="Barnabas Harou"]

He managed to get his hands into the gap between the blast doors. He grunted with the exertion of trying to force them back apart. They barely moved an inch. A quick check of the controls offered no way to get through. Xin decided to cut his losses and head back the way he had come from. His blasters could probably cut through some of the lighter, internal bulkheads but he would need to find a way out of the outer hull.

Xin stopped when he heard a voice call after him. His right hand dropped to his blaster. But unless pirates had started hiring from the opposite end of the social spectrum he doubted that was a raider shouting. There was a groan of metal and Xin was bathed in more light.

Framed in the doorway was a slender human woman. She cast an almost skeletal silhouette. Yet the doors had been forced open.

"Well that's embarrassing," he mumbled to himself. The hand at his blaster came up to shield his eyes as he took a step closer. He almost stumbled and braced himself against the wall. It seemed his legs hadn't quite recovered from the landing.

"Hey!" He called back. "We're on the ground? Pirates?"

Ow. Follow Xin they said. It'll be a nice cruise they said.

Sure, he had a bag full of stolen jewels, a pile of money leeched from card games and passenger's wallets, but now, it seemed fate had another story for Nej. A story involving a pretty girl, his friend [member="Xin Boa"] on a nice cruise, and being stuck with pirates. Sure, Nej was a notorious (at least, if you asked him he was notorious, he was more along the lines of a semi-nuisance for the Republic when it existed) criminal. But pirates irked him on another level. Piracy was a stupid man's game. Too easy. No finesse. No class among criminals. Faking law licenses and practicing dentistry without a license? Classy.

This wasn't a classy event. Nej's suit was ruined. He was happy to have a change of clothes in the bag. Along with several thousand credits worth of stolen goods. Not something Nej was going to part with. Not like the dead people were going to need it, anyway.

Nej checked his blaster. Wouldn't do much good. Needed a bigger gun.

He pushed rubble off of him and looked over to his tentacle-headed compatriot. Dragoons stuck together. Even if it was only because one of them wanted to be richer than he was (which, wasn't saying much). He then noticed the pretty lady, [member="Jamie Pyne"]. And some soldier-type, someone who Nej would eventually come to find out went by the name of @Reaper.

"If I almost get eaten on this planet or skinned alive by pirates I will haunt your green ass for all eternity!"

Drogh

D
Screams and hollow yells leaned out in the chaos, they were of fear, agony, sadness and terror. Also yells of rage and hatred, the pirates lurked in these ruins. Saw the twisted metal and fire that roared all around him, in fact tress were starting to catch a light, blazing though the darkness, being the only torches of light. The day would soon rise, the crippling heat would take it's toll, driving the survivors down into the mud. This was one of the worst places to be, swamps stretched out for miles, never ending, bogging you down and drowning you in it's embracing grab. Not to mention the foul creatures that will witness dead corpses and flock to this feast of flesh, Rancors are known to live here, and their foul presence is not enjoyable. Not to mention the other foul creatures lurking, stalking, soon all would be dead, as death brings only more death. And when the fire dims, and the sun blazes, when food becomes scarce and water no where to be seen, corpses of those will fall. Yet Zakuul was head of an empire once, old legends talk of this being a seat of an empire, everyone knew this, ruins and cities tower high. Did these things remain? Did they get rebuilt, or let to rot and die? Drogh didn't know, no sky-spanning city was in sight, just the darkness and the forest. Getting off-world was his main priority, a city would be his best chance at that.

As Drogh walked by, holding his shattered hand, trying to prevent more blood from spilling he needed to know where to go, staying here is a fools game, others would only slow him down, perhaps some one could be of use to him however, a tool to be used and tossed way, some thing or some one. He saw the flies fester to cries, a loud kark had drawn those of good-will to it, follow the screams and you find people, simple as that, so Drogh did just that; follow the screams. [member="Sky'ito Yumi"][member="Zai Avery"]

The woman nodded slowly, "Yes, we're on the ground." Jamie stepped closer, the light tapping of mud caked shoes against the floor echoed briefly. It looked like she'd been stranded in the wilds for weeks already, hardly a sight to behold. "The ship crashed, most are dead, I think." Her eyes floated about the wreckage she stood in, still half in disbelief that she was even among the living still. The back of her head was aching something awful now. "Pirates?" She repeated curiously. "I'm not certain. When I heard the alarms and felt the explosions my corridor became blocked by something, the doors wouldn't open, trapping us inside." Her hand slid up the back of her neck and head, feeling the dried blood and dirt caught up in her golden hair. "I tried to free us, but something hit me, I think when the ship violently rocked again it loosened a container and I blacked out." The girl dragged her hand along the side of her dress to wipe clear the blood that had clung to it. Turning just so, she leaned against a small column that jutted out from the hull and breathed a sigh.

"When I woke up we were on the ground. I heard you making noise and slipped through another opening just back there hoping to find survivors." She offered a gentle smile to the Nautolan. "I don't know if we were pursued in the crash or not, but my instincts say we're not safe if we stay here too long."

If they were pirates, chances were they weren't interested in leaving survivors to call for help. And given that it was a passenger ship, they wouldn't likely be expecting much in the way of resistance, making easy and short work of anyone who may have survived the initial crash. The injured would be that much easier to track and kill, if they were those type of pirates. However while the two exchanged words Jamie was surprised by the sudden shifting of rubble on the opposite side of the room as a man emerged, pushing himself free. His lack of concern and sudden banter with the Nautolan was surprising, though it seemed as the two had history together.

Before she had a chance to help the man he was already on his feet, seemingly unharmed. Her eyes danced back to the alien, "Anyway, my name's Jamie."

As she spoke she could hear the voice of another calling out, back from where she had entered. It seemed as though the pool of survivors was growing little by little. All the more reason to leave sooner than later.

"Come, we need to leave. If it was pirates, we need to get far away from here, quickly."

[member="Nej Tane"] | [member="Xin Boa"] | [member="Reaper"]

After a few moments, no one came. Not a soul besides him seemed to be in the jungle, rendering him alone, grievously injured. He shifted in place trying to do anything, before feeling the same burning fire in his arm.

Suddenly, a presence was at his side.

Barnabas had to bite his tongue to keep from crying out in pain again as [member="RC-1047"] came to his side. The Zeltron could barely move, too in pain to do much of anything besides tilt his head in the man's direction. He sucked in air through his teeth, trying to think.

The kid's eyes watered, verdant pools of green like shattered glass. "My arm! It... I think it's broken." It was a bit of an obvious statement. The blood and bruising gave that away, no need for a medical scan. "Help, please. It hurts."

Barney grasped around with his other arm, looking for something to hold onto, coming up with nothing. He looked up at the soldier with a pleading look. "Please."

| [member="Jamie Pyne"] | [member="Drogh"] | [member="Nej Tane"] | [member="Xin Boa"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Reaper"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] |

RC-1047

A plan is only as good as those who see it through
RC-1047 looked at the boy, "Affirmative, I'll get you patched up." The Clone said setting his satchel down onto the floor and looking through it.

He produced a Electric Clamp from it, He brought the broken arm forward turning on the Electric clamp to set the such Broken bone, It would keep it in line and have it to stop moving.

"That Electric Clamp will act as if it were a splint." RC-1047 said, He would apply a Mix of Bacta and Kolto to the bruised area, He would grab a needle from his bag, It was a Sedative, It was going to induce a relaxing state and make him relax and feel as much pain.

"Alright Kid, Can you walk or will I have to carry you?" The Clone asked.

[member="Barnabas Harou"]

[member="Reaper"] [member="Nej Tane"] [member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Hah!" Xin barked a throaty laugh. He still didn't like the way laughter sounded between air breathing humans. The sound of a nautolan laughing underwater was so much more pleasant in his opinion. "Thought you'd be dead. Got some luck of your own there."

Xin didn't pause for any further pleasantries. If pirates had made an organised hit on a vessel of this size then he imagined the human was right. They'd be back to finish picking the bones. There was enough still intact of the ship and cargo scattered to make it worth the cost of the fuel breaking atmosphere. Xin felt slightly ashamed of himself that he could rather coldly think from their perspective. He even had a size of ship in mind he would send down for maximum efficiency. Too many heist jobs to pay off Yulon's debt.

"What's the thinking?" He asked. "We can't defend the remains of the ship so find somewhere to hide? Should we take a transceiver to call for help once they've gone?" She seemed self-assured, so Xin was content to follow the human. He did have questions though.

"Also...those blast doors were sealed shut a moment ago?" The last question was unnecessary, but if she'd had a manual release on the other side it would hammer out some of the dent in his pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom